KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

...and the circus moves on. *gutted*

We are the laughing stock of.....the world.

I'm not surprised since this is Newcastle United were talking about. The greatest soap opera of the 21st century.

Ahh well, now I have a really good reason to kill myself  :yikes:

Now has Keegan resigned due to lack of funds promised, or is Ashley p*ssed off that there was money there to spend and Keegan hasn't done so?

i dont know, just guess and pass it as fact like everyone else

Surely if KK is going to be sacked Ashley would have sold Barton anyway last night.

Surely if Keegan was that upset over it he would have 'quit' last night and Ashley would have sold Barton anyway

:thup:

Surely if KK is going to be sacked Ashley would have sold Barton anyway last night.

Surely if Keegan was that upset over it he would have 'quit' last night and Ashley would have sold Barton anyway

You're right, I'm beginning to think this is just press rubbish!

Guest Guinness

If he goes Ashley's position will become untenable.

Too right it would, with the amount of money he's made you'd think he'd be smart enough to know this and do his utmost to resolve the situation if there is one.

What I don't understand is why it took so long. If he wasn't happy with the recruitment setup then he should have just left earlier.

I reckon we had guys the club wanted, but Keegan wasn't impressed. I think he rolled with Colo and Jonas because they were at least full internationals, but he's probably not happy with the likes of Xisco and Nacho.

Who knows?

If there's truth in this then the timing certainly doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I mean why would it all come to a head on the very last day of the window?

Especially considering Keegan said just a few days ago that there were no problems, and that if there were he would tell the Newcastle fans.

This is all so weird.

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

we dont know there was ever a offer and ever if there was it may have not been a good one.

Guy who broke the story said 3 clubs were under consideration - Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle. Ashley wouldn't sell/overpriced the club so Abu Dhabi went for City instead.

Well done Ashley. You c*nt

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

we dont know there was ever a offer and ever if there was it may have not been a good one.

Guy who broke the story said 3 clubs were under consideration - Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle. Ashley wouldn't sell/overpriced the club so Abu Dhabi went for City instead.

classy

What I don't understand is why it took so long. If he wasn't happy with the recruitment setup then he should have just left earlier.

I reckon we had guys the club wanted, but Keegan wasn't impressed. I think he rolled with Colo and Jonas because they were at least full internationals, but he's probably not happy with the likes of Xisco and Nacho.

Who knows?

If there's truth in this then the timing certainly doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I mean why would it all come to a head on the very last day of the window?

Especially considering Keegan said just a few days ago that there were no problems, and that if there were he would tell the Newcastle fans.

This is all so weird.

I just can't see Keegan being convinced to blatantly lie to the fans. He'd have walked then.

They got City for 200m ashley was never going to sell at a loss, Abu Dhabi just wanted a club.

Have the Adu Dhabi lot done anything yet to make you think you'd rather have them than Ashley in charge? They've only been at Man City about 18 hours for fuck's sake.

Just had a phone call from one of my pals who works for Tarmac , and he rang me saying , did you know keegan has resigned. Well , I told him there nothing official and that its just the same old media talkingg a load of shite about the toon.

Well to my surprise he said the heirachy at tarmac , came in this morning with the news he had resigned for the following reasons:

-  Spat his dummy out last night because the CLUB wanted to sell Joey Barton and Keegan told them , you have stuck by him through all the shit , and now your going to let him go once things begin to hopefully get cleared up.

-  He did not want to sell James Milner , and had to come out in the press and say it was his choice.

- Mike Ashley refused to give him money unless he sold players , and he could use the money he made off the players departing.

- Keegan didn't like the fact they wouldnt offer Michael Owen a new contract and thought the club attracted more negativitiy from the press by not nipping this in the bud

So there we have it , nothing is official just yet but going off those points it starts to seem a bit realistic. However , I shal not be drawn into thinking he is gone until theres an official club statement.

Dont shoot the messenger.

That's where you lost me, you only need half a brain to see that's complete bollocks.

imagine KK with such a budget..

I wonder why most of the rumour-mongering about us has come out since Mort left?

Mort is a hater?

He's probably giving supposed itk info to try and impress the ladies or something?

Who knows?