KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The saddest and dumbest thing about this whole fiasco is that it seems the argument is between two sides who think they're doing the best for our club - Keegan wants to control players, thinks he knows best and wants immediate first team impact signings, the others want the club to move to a continental style system, based on youth development and signing players with potential that they can develop. Surely some calm head in a position of power can see this?

The saddest and dumbest thing about this whole fiasco is that it seems the argument is between two sides who think they're doing the best for our club - Keegan wants to control players, thinks he knows best and wants immediate first team impact signings, the others want the club to move to a continental style system, based on youth development and signing players with potential that they can develop. Surely some calm head in a position of power can see this?

I'd go along with that.

I'll take Keegan's side on this one.

He was brought here to do a job, which is restore the club to a decent postion and give the fans somthing to cheer about after 3-4 shit years, in doing so he must have full control over who comes in and out, what if lets say Xisco turns out to be a disaster, and Keegan didn't even buy him, people will turn their fingers to Kevin as  the man who signed him, in the end we never hear about Owners getting sacked because of the team under peforming, on the other hand if Keegan does fail when given full board backing and full control, he only have himself to blame.

Things are going well, thats when the political battles are at their fiercest.

Xisco must feel really loved.

I'm glad him and Nacho are away at the moment (as well as Jonas and Colo) so this won't be hitting them too hard.

Jonas and Colo and Xisco and Nacho sound like failed continental comedy acts to be honest.

The players back Keegan and Keegan comes back to them, bristling with power and authority, "They wanted to sell the lot of you lads.   They said all of you had a price.  Especially you, Smitty.  They said if you tried to kick a ball into the ocean, you'd miss.  And you would but that's not the point.  The point is I'm the gaffer and I decide who goes and who stays and you're my lads so I say you stay.  All of you.  Well, at least until January.  Right, so let's get ready for Hull!"

The players back Keegan and Keegan comes back to them, bristling with power and authority, "They wanted to sell the lot of you lads.   They said all of you had a price.  Especially you, Smitty.  They said if you tried to kick a ball into the ocean, you'd miss.  And you would but that's not the point.  The point is I'm the gaffer and I decide who goes and who stays and you're my lads so I say you stay.  All of you.  Well, at least until January.  Right, so let's get ready for Hull!"

and all the players think "that bastard....think of the pay rise,signing on fees etc"

Don't take any notice of any of these reports.  They'll twist any situation to absolutely asinine levels in order to make things look worse then they are.  This "whole squad put up for sale" shit proves that.

Don't take any notice of any of these reports.  They'll twist any situation to absolutely asinine levels in order to make things look worse then they are.  This "whole squad put up for sale" shit proves that.

Was that Matt Dickinson?

Guest black n white

Am I the only one that loves the thought of our players, specifically the part bout Owen leading it, standing up for Keegan and demanding answers?

i'll say,hopefully it will be statement of his intentions

thinking along the lines of braveheart but with keegan instead of freedom :colo:

we can all pull moonies at the board

sorry needed to cheer myself up

I'll take Keegan's side on this one.

He was brought here to do a job, which is restore the club to a decent postion and give the fans somthing to cheer about after 3-4 s*** years, in doing so he must have full control over who comes in and out, what if lets say Xisco turns out to be a disaster, and Keegan didn't even buy him, people will turn their fingers to Kevin as  the man who signed him, in the end we never hear about Owners getting sacked because of the team under peforming, on the other hand if Keegan does fail when given full board backing and full control, he only have himself to blame.

:thup: Second that!

Was that Matt Dickinson?

Not sure who wrote it originally but it seems to have been copied all over the place.

i think the main mistake made by ashley could be appointing wise, someone keegan doesn't know.

Keegan knew Wise was possibly coming in when we appointed Keegan, he was given 3 names and said that he preferred Wise.

Someone is in over their head and it ain't Keegan.  I don't think Ashley had anything to do with this but I'll bet he's the one who is trying to set it right.  At some point I have the feeling that Ashley is going to decide that owning a football club and being held up for public scorn isn't all that much fun and he's going to sell.

Here's what I hope for:

1) Keegan stays

2) He's told that he really, finally, definitely has final say over all player moves

3) Ashley takes on a partner or sells so the club has more cash* available

4) This summer's acquisitions play really well so Keegan trusts the 3 amigos judgement on talent

5) Targets are identified for the January window and the team can reasonably secure it so the dead wood can be continued to be trimmed off the current roster.

6) The club move forward

* cash as in cold hard cash.  Ashley may be worth X but his worth is measured in mostly non cash assets.  It would take time for him to liquidize some assets to have some ready cash.

Good post - this is probably the best scenario we could hope for in order to settle things down quickly.

Personally think Llambias has to go if things are to be kept stable until Ashley sells ; would get Mort back in as Chairman or a guy with more experience of football - Dein would be perfect but highly unlikely..

Actually CAN see Wise staying on but only in a much-reduced role with NO day-to-day input to the running of the club like Players' contracts etc..if that is not acceptable, he should go too.

No way can the status quo be reinstated - there will be very little confidence from most supporters that this would work and they'd be right ; KK would blow up again, but I cannot see him readily accepting a return to the former set-up. This is probably why the talks are dragging on because Ashley will know that he has to pay at least one, and probably two, contracts off.

Ashley should go and see Peter Robinson, formerly of Liverpool, and ask him how a decent club is run..!

The answer would probably be to get the right people in the right jobs....

The Sun's take (sorry if this has already been posted) -

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1644987.ece

KEVIN KEEGAN last night told the Newcastle board: Sack Dennis Wise and I’ll stay on as boss.

King Kev produced an amazing series of ultimatums during showdown talks with club owner Mike Ashley yesterday.

Knowing he has the Toon fans behind him, Keegan called for:

- Executive director of football Wise to be paid off.

- Vice-president Tony Jimenez, who is in charge of player recruitment, to also be shown the door.

- Control of all transfers in and out — AND given the power to negotiate all player contracts.

Just 24 hours earlier Keegan’s eight-month reign seemed to be coming to an end with the board squeezing him into a corner.

The ENTIRE first team was up for sale during the summer transfer window and two players — Xisco and Ignacio Gonzalez — were brought in without his say so.

But, after vocal demonstrations by the fans, a revolt by the players and threats of a supporters’ boycott of the next home game, Keegan emerged holding all the aces.

A Toon insider told SunSport: “The way Keegan is trying to pull this round is staggering.

"If he gets his way, he’ll have a power which he hasn’t had since coming back.”

Most of the Toon squad felt ‘insulted’ by the discovery that they were up for sale.

Now, if Keegan does go, the stars loyal to him will ALL slap in transfer requests in January.

The insider said: “The players feel surprised and disappointed and they also feel insulted.

“I’ve never known it so quiet here. It’s like there was a funeral going on, like there had been a death in the family.

“Kev’s hugely popular among the players, so the mood is nothing like normal — how could it be with so much hanging over the club?”