KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Mcdonald36

It's obvious Kev was given promises that the board have been unable to keep. They no doubt tempted with plans for major spending.

Sacking Keegan is the single most stupid thing Ashley could do at this point.  For what reason would he do that.  I thought he was enjoying his football.  Keegan himself said that they would try to get a few players in and if not they would just have to soldier on.  This doesn't make any sense.

Guest BeatMakerz

Instead of swearing etc  :tickedoff: Can anyone give any decent comments on why they think NUFC are taking so long to confirm anything that is happening? What are they waiting for? Everytime something big happens up here it takes NUFC so long to address the situation, rubbish, really is.

There have been a couple of rumours that we are about to secure some Middle Eastern investment of our own. Could this have any bearing on today's events?

Where are these rumours?

ssn and northern echo, apparently the people that bought man city tried to but newcastle first

but ashley didnt want to sell

Nothing to do with that.

Davig Craig last night:

"Newcastle fans may look at Manchester City tonight and feel dissappointed, but I understand that this won't be the last lot of Middle Eastern cash coming into the Premier League this season."

That never happened. You've just slammed two seperate sentences he said together.

Yes, I've paraphrased, but something of that sort came out of his mouth last night when asked about Manchester City and the Newcastle thoughts of it, and given that he's merely the NE correspondent, it was weird coming from him.

There is in my mind a possibility that a middle eastern consortium are on the verge of doing some sort of deal with NUFC, and they might not want KK, or KK refused to spend their money.

Attendences will no doubt drop a hell of a lot if this is true. Most away games probably won't even sell out and 45,000 at home will most likely be the norm. I feel only Shearer would have the fans on his side, even if some don't think he's the right man.

SACKED? If that is true then Mike Ashley can drown in his own fat and diarrhea, hope he never shows his face at SJP again.

Agreed. Sack the board will be back bigger than before. Feel sorry for those who paid 3 years in advance.

Why? The players will still be running out onto the pitch each week. Is Keegan bigger than the club? No.

Guest f***thepress

Was this the reason for the 3 year tie in on season tickets? I only went for the year option ..but they can stick it up their cockney arses if this is true

How the hell could they sack Keegan?!

Because despite what people with their heads in the sand may think, going by bids we've made and players who've turned us down, we had the money available, and he didn't attract anyone of note with it.

What are you on about you fuckwit!? Keegan hasn't had any involvement with transfers. That's one of the major problems with this setup.

And yet just on Friday Keegan was saying himself that it was he, not Wise who had the final say on transfers and Milner leaving...

Guest DazzaNufc1892

A dream ticket of Souness and Allardyce for me please.

Oh, and if Freddy has any money left he can buy back in.

roeder as DOF to do the scouting?

Sacking Keegan is the single most stupid thing Ashley could do at this point.  For what reason would he do that.  I thought he was enjoying his football.  Keegan himself said that they would try to get a few players in and if not they would just have to soldier on.  This doesn't make any sense.

I agree, there's no way he will be sacked.

He might walk I suppose, but even then Ashley will surely do anything he can to keep him on. He didn't become a successful businessman by making precisely the wrong decision at exactly the worst time.

Until we get confirmation I'm not believing any of it.