KK resigns - see OP for new club statement issued September 6th

Guest Darth Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nufc_geordie

I bet the hordes are massing around SJP ready for David Craig to show his face.

Thats why there's no announcement yet.

David Craig - and who's that Scottish guy in the SSN studio who always seems to be on when there is Toon news? (he did the late shift yesterday - post 11pm)

Jim White (tw*t)

latest update on 5 live is 'they understand Keegan is currently meeting with the board to discuss his future'

Sources claim manager is frustarted by lack of control over transfers and lack of players brought in. They understand there was an argument last night over whether or not to sell Barton.

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

we dont know there was ever a offer and ever if there was it may have not been a good one.

Guy who broke the story said 3 clubs were under consideration - Arsenal, Man City and Newcastle. Ashley wouldn't sell/overpriced the club so Abu Dhabi went for City instead.

latest update on 5 live is 'they understand Keegan is currently meeting with the board to discuss his future'

Sources claim manager is frustarted by lack of control over transfers and lack of players brought in. They understand there was an argument last night over whether or not to sell Barton.

Cheers.

What a fucking farce.

It's OK, Keegan can't be pissed off, people were telling us on here through forced grins last night the transfer window was all roses and the only reason people were feeling put out was because we missed out on Robinho and Berbatov.

So Ashley refused to sell when this Abu Dhabi group were interested but now is willing to sell any of our players and sack Keegan... Something really doesn't add up here

The fat wanker is a spurs fan secretly sent to destroy us and our icons

I bet the hordes are massing around SJP ready for David Craig to show his face.

Thats why there's no announcement yet.

David Craig - and who's that Scottish guy in the SSN studio who always seems to be on when there is Toon news? (he did the late shift yesterday - post 11pm)

David Tanner. Lives two doors away from me.

What I don't understand is why it took so long. If he wasn't happy with the recruitment setup then he should have just left earlier.

I reckon we had guys the club wanted, but Keegan wasn't impressed. I think he rolled with Colo and Jonas because they were at least full internationals, but he's probably not happy with the likes of Xisco and Nacho.

Who knows?

Just had a phone call from one of my pals who works for Tarmac , and he rang me saying , did you know keegan has resigned. Well , I told him there nothing official and that its just the same old media talkingg a load of shite about the toon.

Well to my surprise he said the heirachy at tarmac , came in this morning with the news he had resigned for the following reasons:

-  Spat his dummy out last night because the CLUB wanted to sell Joey Barton and Keegan told them , you have stuck by him through all the shit , and now your going to let him go once things begin to hopefully get cleared up.

-  He did not want to sell James Milner , and had to come out in the press and say it was his choice.

- Mike Ashley refused to give him money unless he sold players , and he could use the money he made off the players departing.

- Keegan didn't like the fact they wouldnt offer Michael Owen a new contract and thought the club attracted more negativitiy from the press by not nipping this in the bud

So there we have it , nothing is official just yet but going off those points it starts to seem a bit realistic. However , I shal not be drawn into thinking he is gone until theres an official club statement.

Dont shoot the messenger.

What I don't understand is why it took so long. If he wasn't happy with the recruitment setup then he should have just left earlier.

I reckon we had guys the club wanted, but Keegan wasn't impressed. I think he rolled with Colo and Jonas because they were at least full internationals, but he's probably not happy with the likes of Xisco and Nacho.

Who knows?

If there's truth in this then the timing certainly doesn't make sense.

Who knows?

Pure speculation here but my guess would be they promised him some things in last Wednesday's board meeting like replacing Milner and none of this happened in the end.

If he goes Ashley's position will become untenable.

Freddy Shepherd's position became untenable every other week, didn't mean we got rid of him.

Got to ring the box office today to set up my password so I can get West Ham tickets, I'll ask if I can speak to Kev while I'm on.