Anil Ambani

LooneyToonArmy
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Watch them buy Everton instead.

I see they're talking about the rules which allow these takeovers of clubs by the super rich being too lax at the moment and how they should be strengthened.  That'll be great, new rules meaning that anyone who wasn't taken over by an oil baron by such and such a date is fucked with no chance of ever catching up.

Guest thommo78

Found the official statement. Looks like Ashley really doesn't want to sell and let them know it.

:nope:

Or he asked for an unrealistic selling price...

If he doesn't want a quick sale...what the hell is this guys intentions for this club...please someone enlighten me...........

Maybe I'm being naive in clinging to hope, or perhaps reading too much into it.

But why mention turmoil and so called conditions as a factor in pulling out, especially on the eve of a match where protests are being expected? All this will do is inflame said protests, playing into the hands of anyone in a buying position?

Strategic move by Ambani and co perhaps? Forces Ashley to show his hand.

If that's what he's said then it doesn't really make much sense to me.  A time when the fan base is up in arms and protesting against the man you want to buy the club from is a great time to buy.  All of a sudden you're the conquering hero, which means people will be a lot more inclined to give you a chance.

If that's what he's said then it doesn't really make much sense to me.  A time when the fan base is up in arms and protesting against the man you want to buy the club from is a great time to buy.  All of a sudden you're the conquering hero, which means people will be a lot more inclined to give you a chance.

They (Reliance) said they hadn't been able to have a serious discussion with anyone at the club re a takeover.

Sad if true.

Don't doubt it for a second - shambles is not the word.

They (Reliance) said they hadn't been able to have a serious discussion with anyone at the club re a takeover.

Sad if true.

But why mention turmoil and so called conditions as a factor in pulling out, especially on the eve of a match where protests are being expected? All this will do is inflame said protests, playing into the hands of anyone in a buying position?

I think you're spot on there, Wilky.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The problem is we have a bunch of part timers at our club who want to devote as little time as possible to our running.

If Ambani was serious about us it would happen

Guest sicko2ndbest

I don't blame them. The latest overreation from the fans makes us look like an impossible club to run, if i were Ambani i would probably steer clear aswell.

It depends how you look at it, theres a fine line between passion and stupidity

I think you're spot on there, Wilky.

If that's right then at least Ambani is showing more nous than Ashley.

I don't blame them. The latest overreaction from the fans makes us look like an impossible club to run, if i were Ambani i would probably steer clear aswell.

He probably thinks there will be protests if he doesn't bring keegan back. :lol:

I don't blame them. The latest overreaction from the fans makes us look like an impossible club to run, if i were Ambani i would probably steer clear aswell.

He probably thinks there will be protests if he doesn't bring keegan back. :lol:

And he'd probably be right. 'You've fucked us over, we thought you'd bring back the messiah...etc....'

Does anyone have a link to direct quotes?

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani says he has pulled out of a deal trying to buy Newcastle United.

A spokesman for his Reliance Group said this afternoon: “We are no longer interested in buying Newcastle because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/indian-pulls-out-of-toon-bid-72703-21806757/

INDIAN billionaire Anil Ambani says he has pulled out of a deal trying to buy Newcastle United.

A spokesman for his Reliance Group said this afternoon: “We are no longer interested in buying Newcastle because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/09/12/indian-pulls-out-of-toon-bid-72703-21806757/

Oh fuckin' hell.

*Sigh*

What's next for us, eh?

Oh fuckin' hell.

*Sigh*

What's next for us, eh?

ACTUALLY - THIS IS  F  A  N  T  A  S  T  I  C  NEWS!

On the assumption that the story is true (big assumption, I know) that means that they have been trying to buy us . .  so all the stories in the press about comments attributed to them saying "we were NEVER interested in buying Newcastle United or any Premier League club" were obviously untrue.

They ARE after us !!!!!

Saying publicly that "they are no longer interested in buying Newcastle United because of the turbulent conditions which currently exist there and because we have been unable to have any satisfying talks with anyone from the club” is simply part of the tactics . .  to get things moving!

They WANT US folks . . . they do!!

Is it a good thing? . . . I'll say so!!

IT IS GONNA HAPPEN PEOPLE . . .