Jonas Gutierrez

Guest Coubury

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/06/07/spurs-and-wolfsburg-eye-jonas-72703-23807538/

JONAS GUTIERREZ is set to spark some summer Argie-bargie between Tottenham and the Germans.

The Sunday Sun has learned that Newcastle’s Argentine winger has emerged as a target for a top Bundesliga club.

But Spurs are also eyeing the 26-year-old, who United will look to cash in on, regardless of the identity of their next manager.

German champions Wolfsburg are among the likeliest bidders for Gutierrez, whose stock remains high because of his enduring place in the Argentina squad.

Newcastle hope to recoup all or most of the near-£5m they were forced to pay for Gutierrez after being taken to court by his former club, Real Mallorca.

And Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp is still an admirer, having missed out on “Spiderman” while managing Portsmouth.

Gutierrez made Argentina’s star-studded startling line-up for last night’s World Cup qualifier against Colombia in Buenos Aires.

Guest firetotheworks

He'll go, and I've accepted that now, but if he goes to Spurs I'll be really pissed off.

I'd cry if he went there and found some end product

He probably would as well because he would have better players around him, and wouldn't be their only attacking outlet.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Too good for us and the majority of our stupid fans.

He melted like a chocolate cunt on the moon in the run in, was shocking the last few games.

He melted like a chocolate c*** on the moon in the run in, was shocking the last few games.

He was dropped by Shearer because apparently he has no end product whilst the alternatives were bursting with it, as evinced by the glut of goals we saw from the replacement in his wide berth.

I don't blame him for being pissed off and looking disinterested.

A very useful player to have alongside other more creative ones because he carries the ball very well, works hard, has pace and opens up space for other people. However, amongst our ragtag outfit of midfielders, none of whom could play a telling pass if their lives depended on it, his alarming lack of end product just had him permanently flattering to deceive.

He melted like a chocolate c*** on the moon in the run in, was shocking the last few games.

He was dropped by Shearer because apparently he has no end product whilst the alternatives were bursting with it, as evinced by the glut of goals we saw from the replacement in his wide berth.

I don't blame him for being pissed off and looking disinterested.

He had his chances here and failed to take them, regardless of the shit he was played alongside. I saw him play for Argentina last night and he was the same as usual. Great stuff in his own half, performing as a secondary left back, but toothless in the opposition half. If we get our money back I won't be too disappointed.

Spider-Man? More like Forrest Gump. He can run and run but never did anything at the end of his run. Another player that some people will say was too good for us and will go on to prove himself elsewhere (just like Kluivert and Viana didn't). Just to quantify, me saying this about Jonas doesn't mean I think any of our other midfielders are any good either.

Hope we at least get back what we paid for him.

A very useful player to have alongside other more creative ones because he carries the ball very well, works hard, has pace and opens up space for other people. However, amongst our ragtag outfit of midfielders, none of whom could play a telling pass if their lives depended on it, his alarming lack of end product just had him permanently flattering to deceive.

Amen, Wullie - the best summary i've read of the guy thus far. I've said on several occassions he would be class in Sir Bobby's team (not that i'd advocate having him over Robert or Nobby... he'd still be good). Unfortunately he stopped caring a good few months ago so he can shit off now for all i care. Shame cos he had cult hero potential when he first came, looked like a really good - if unorthodox - player.

• 3 weeks later...