Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

LMA confirm meeting, failed to meet a satisfactory conclusion.

LMA seem pretty quick to publicise negative news. You would think if they want a satisfactory conclusion they would shut the fuck up until it's agreed one way or the other.

keegan won't return if the reasons why he left are still in place, simple as that. pointless trying to get him back on the same terms.

Yep, and i do believe that he wants to be manager of Newcastle United. If he's still working for Wise though, regardless of whether or not Ashley's chucked an improved offer at him (maybe that's what happened tonight?), then he won't come back. I'm not one who feels that Ashley is Satan himself, and i'm disappointed after the renewed optimism this evening, but i don't hold anything against him for that. I didn't in the first place.

If the LMA are acting as KK's spokespeople we can safely assume these talks were over legal issues regarding settlements and so forth rather than returning as manager.

yep, if his union are involved that would seem to be the case. or it might be that bevan asked keegan to keep him updated.

If the LMA are acting as KK's spokespeople we can safely assume these talks were over legal issues regarding settlements and so forth rather than returning as manager.

i dont agree with that purely because if KK is supportive of the fans as he says he is, then they would make it clear that it is for a settlement

Why? He's tried to bring him back. Might be further discussions at a later date for all we know.

I've answered why, if further dicussions were planned then why not say so without going into details.  Tonights talks were not announced but news got out,  I think this looks like an attempt to stop any protests, nothing more.

The League Managers Association can confirm that talks to resolve several issues were held today between Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley of Newcastle United Football Club. However, the discussion failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

does that mean the discussion reached an unsatisfactory conclusion or that they didn't reach any definite conclusion?

it's a mystery...

KK lets us down.  Ashley has given him a chance to calm down & he just isn't interested.

Keegan's sticking to his guns ffs man. If he doesn't want to work under Wise then he won't.

In a pretty petty way in the grand scheme of things.

Bollocks. Keegan's an 'old fashioned' (he's normal, tbh) manager, and as i've said - if the plan is still for him to work under Wise then he won't bother.

As for, "why go to the meeting", i don't know. I don't know what Ashley proposed when he first contacted him today.

Guest Howaythetoon

i dont agree with that purely because if KK is supportive of the fans as he says he is, then they would make it clear that it is for a settlement

The LMA are not going to go into details, surely they have no need to say what the meeting is about as if they are involved its pretty fucking obvious its about legal issues. What has forced a statement is the leakage, possibly made by the club to show them in good light which due to the LMA's statement will now cause even more bother and rile fans further.

The League Managers Association can confirm that talks to resolve several issues were held today between Kevin Keegan and Mike Ashley of Newcastle United Football Club. However, the discussion failed to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

does that mean the discussion reached an unsatisfactory conclusion or that they didn't reach any definite conclusion?

it's a mystery...

Oh man, as if this evening wasn't bad enough

I now have a Toyah song in my head.

I think Ashley has a new manger lined up and today was his final attempt to get Keegan back before hiring the new manager at the start of next week.

I thinks its either this, or he is desperate because everyone else has turned us down andwe dont have a single option left.

Cant decide which it is

Why? He's tried to bring him back. Might be further discussions at a later date for all we know.

I've answered why, if further dicussions were planned then why not say so without going into details.  Tonights talks were not announced but news got out, I think this looks like an attempt to stop any protests, nothing more.

Yes well this would be a good way of doing that wouldn't it?  :rolleyes:

Ashley: Come to a meeting Kev.

Keegan: What about?

Ashley: Coming back, you know. Just come, we'll sort it out.

Keegan: Okay.

Keegan: So what's the craic? You gonna fuck Wise off or not?

Ashley: No.

Keegan: Bye then.

:(

Keegan: So what's the craic? You gonna f*** Wise off or not?

But wait Kev, my life depends on it

Keegan: So what's the craic? You gonna fuck Wise off or not?

Basically, aye. That's how i see it. :thup:

This latest scenario is doing the club no favours at all.  Cue more negative press and sniggering by the usual pundits throughout the weekend.  Not to mention the increased frustration of those going to the game tomorrow.  It's just another sideshow distraction from the actual match.