Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

If true this will be a total humiliation for Ashley and his business plan for Newcastle United. It would also put him at a disadvantage in any dealing with Keegan. Number one rule in life: don't embarass your boss in public even if he has acted like a fool. The only outcome I can see if this happens is that Ashley is definitely intending to up sticks and sell and he's wiping the slate clean.

I'm happy and suspicious in equal measure. Wouldn't trust Sky as far as I can throw them though....

This is going to end in tears.

club never surprises you does it mate ?

Not holding my breath, but if Ashley backs down and this isn't to discuss compo etc, he comes back, Wise is sacked and KK runs the team and Ashley backs him, he'll have my respect and I would take my hat off to him.

Obviously never going to happen then. :lol:

;)

aye, I'm safe enough because I don't wear a hat

Not holding my breath, but if Ashley backs down and this isn't to discuss compo etc, he comes back, Wise is sacked and KK runs the team and Ashley backs him, he'll have my respect and I would take my hat off to him.

;)

It's normally a tin one you wear isn't it? ;)

;)

:lol: :lol:

Fair play pal. :)

Guest guinness_fiend

If true this will be a total humiliation for Ashley and his business plan for Newcastle United. It would also put him at a disadvantage in any dealing with Keegan. Number one rule in life: don't embarass your boss in public even if he has acted like a fool. The only outcome I can see if this happens is that Ashley is definitely intending to up sticks and sell and he's wiping the slate clean.

I'm happy and suspicious in equal measure. Wouldn't trust Sky as far as I can throw them though....

Why would it be a humilation for Ashley?  Keegan walked out, remember?  That is the only fact that we know for certain.  For all we know, Ashley (by proxy, as he was not about if I remember correctly) could have bent over backwards to keep Keegan at the club, but to no avail.

Personally, I think that *if* Ashley has invited Keegan to return, it shows just how strong his character is.  He obviously could not care less what the press or anyone else thinks of him and for that along I doff my cap.

If Ambani does want it and those comments from him earlier were true then it makes sense for Ashley to sort it all out, even if he doesn't sell then the club really need to put the past week behind them and make sure everyone is pulling in the same direction, that includes the fans too.

The fans were pulling together before this shit kicked off.

And what if Keegan does return, to do the exact same role? Humiliation for Keegan?

Seriously though, this can only be about settling out of court.

job for solicitors that one surely ?

Maybe, but KK is a passionate man who says what he means there and then. I imagine Ashley has walked in (above his team's heads) and pleaded with him to keep it out of the courts for the good of the club.

This can surely be the only conclusion. Perhaps Baggio's theory is correct though.