Rumours of yet more Keegan & Ashley talks to come...

Nicky

I've had enough waiting I'm going to St James right now, try and get meself on telly.

lol, its raining,

sheep stay at home,

perhaps sky wanted the protests to start tonite?

Behind the computer, right? ;)

I've had enough waiting I'm going to St James right now, try and get meself on telly.

lol, its raining,

sheep stay at home,

perhaps sky wanted the protests to start tonite?

Behind the computer, right? ;)

yep, best place, tonite

I could see Keegan coming back and Ashley selling up to Ambani in the near future.

didn't think of that one, and I can see the point perfectly.

Ashley would be meeting with Anbami not Keegan if this was the scenario (unless this is all bollocks of course)

I think Baggio is saying that he suspects Ashley realises the club is more saleable if Keegan is back and all this trouble is brought to an end - ie the reverse could also be true, but who knows. It's Ashleys call. Only he knows.

Fair point, just don't see KK bailing out Ashley if he thought he'd been shit on by him. He could/would wait this out.

Confirmed then? The SSN ticker no longer has "Sky Sources" on it, maybe they were both seen?

They're saying Ashley left and refused to give comment, so one of their reporters must have seen them.

Seriously though, this can only be about settling out of court.

Why?

I simply cannot believe there is a chance of him coming back. Unless Ashley is promising a complete overhaul of the club (again). And if so, why wait this long? Why not intervene earlier?

I'm not so sure, as others have mentioned there would be no reason for KK and Ashley to meet face to face for that and even the media shy person Ashley is, once he's spotted the sky sports people there he'll know that, it's not in his long term interests (although very much in his short term interests) to string us along.

Someone has obviously leaked the news of this meeting to SSN, it's likely to be the club rather than anyone in KK's camp. I'm willing at this stage to go along for the ride and believe it's a serious attempt at a reconciliation.

Why?

I simply cannot believe there is a chance of him coming back. Unless Ashley is promising a complete overhaul of the club (again). And if so, why wait this long? Why not intervene earlier?

Even if he isn't coming back, Ashley could still be trying to bring him back. It's possible he's panicking.

If true this will be a total humiliation for Ashley and his business plan for Newcastle United.

Not really SJH talked KK into staying & it worked out okay. Kevin is nobody's  fool, he has the wealth (despite what the papers say) if he believes people are fucking him around or he feels he is done he can say fuck this.

In a game where shite managers hang around for the pay off, I find it remarkable that KK gets slammed for walking away (England & Man City) or he has had enough shite (Newcastle (Part II & Part III).

Why?

I agree. I can't see Ashley overhauling the structure now.

I just don't see why they would meet face to face if it was to talk about compensation and it would involve lawyers if it was for that reason.

Why?

It is not unusual in a "normal" business for the principals in a dispute to meet and set out the ground rules.

MA: Kev, for the good of the club why don't we handle this in a low-key manner.

KK: I want my compensation and I don't want you spouting shite to the press.

MA: Ya, that was unfortunate, shouldn't have happened. Can we do this without muck raking?

KK: Probably for the best. I will tell my people to handle it quietly but if your team pull any more stunts I am going to be in every paper and on the telly in a heartbeat.

MA: Done

KK: Done

So where does this leave tomorow's protest. I assume all the morning papers will run with this so it'll be interesting to see how many people turn up now. Think there will just be a sense of confusion.

The protests should go ahead to keep the pressure on.

there is no way the two of them would meet in person if it wasnt about coming back. Just no way. Ashley blatently wants him back. Wether he'll come is a different matter, but he must be interested for him to even go and meet him.

Bloody hell, this club.