Newcastle United 1 - 2 Hull City - 13/09/08 - post match reaction from page 21

Dave

Just got back in

What the fucks gone on here? Professional attitudes were a bag of lies as well! Sack the fucking players!

I half expected maybe for a draw but not to loose to fucking Hull man. This whole club is a shower of shit from top to bottom.

Hope Ashley and Co just cut their losses and fuck off!

Guest timmy boy

Absolutely ecstatic for Xisco.

He was obviously delighted to sign for the club and it's great that his day wasn't totally ruined as he got his goal.

As for the pricks that were having a go at him after 45 mins to hell with you all. f***ing lunatic pricks revelling in everything bad.

You are all worthless non entities.

I haven't said anything on him yet but I watched the game and in the first half he was quite poor.I think it was more to do with people being frustrated at the situation and venting it at him.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/empics/20080209/13/472016389-soccer-barclays-premier-league-aston-villa-v-newcastle-united-villa.jpg

Fckin bastard .

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

I hope today's result made you feel really good about yourself.

I hope it gave you that ego boost you were after.

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

he's put his ego in front of the club, rightly or wrongly. for what its worth ian dowie is doing the same thing, as is zola. maybe they shouldn't put up with it, but i can tell you right now, if they do it will benefit the club more than if they dont.

Owen and Barton for sale on the last day.  How can he possibly work in that environment.  After all his public defense of Barton.  He was constantly being undermined.  Lets ignore that.

Friday before deadline day. Keegan interview.

'Everyone in the club has a price'.

It was known prior to the 1st Sept what the score was. The media conveniently forget this point.

Guest optimistic nit

Owen was not up for sale on the last day. Barton didn't end up being sold, he was kept because keegan wanted him.

How do you know that was the reason why Barton was kept? There's a very good chance no one would want him at the moment.

i dont. everton had a confirmed interest on sky sports iirc, although maybe that stopped when they signed the belgium. on the other hand its definately the reason we're still paying smith 50K a week +

We can get away with selecting dodgy players like Butt, Ameobi etc, playing people out of position (Zog) and sticking the occasional youngster in when we have the likes of Jonas, Oba, Viduka and Beye also playing.

Without them we are fucked, we just don't have the depth to sustain more than one or two injuries.

Glad Xisco did well, when will people realise that Zoggy isn't a defender? I'd like to throttle the fucker who made that idea acceptable.

Thanks a lot Keegan!

Thanks for ruining everything. If you are going to make it known you are interested in the Newcastle job, then make sure you have all the details first and don't quit after 3 games.

I hope today's result made you feel really good about yourself.

I hope it gave you that ego boost you were after.

f***ing embarrassment.

You really are.

What part of the job description does it say 'work with players you don't want, no final say. shut up and get on with it'.

he's put his ego in front of the club, rightly or wrongly. for what its worth ian dowie is doing the same thing, as is zola. maybe they shouldn't put up with it, but i can tell you right now, if they do it will benefit the club more than if they dont.

Owen and Barton for sale on the last day.  How can he possibly work in that environment.  After all his public defense of Barton.  He was constantly being undermined.  Lets ignore that.

Friday before deadline day. Keegan interview.

'Everyone in the club has a price'.

It was known prior to the 1st Sept what the score was. The media conveniently forget this point.

I am pretty sure that he was referring to the whole notion that everyone in football has a price eg: Milner, Keane, Berbatov etc etc.

He wasnt allowed to comment on transfer activity according to NUFC via that last statement released.  He was obviously promised a replacement, but upstairs f***ed him about.

We can get away with selecting dodgy players like Butt, Ameobi etc, playing people out of position (Zog) and sticking the occasional youngster in when we have the likes of Jonas, Oba, Viduka and Beye also playing.

Without them we are f***ed, we just don't have the depth to sustain more than one or two injuries.

Glad Xisco did well, when will people realise that Zoggy isn't a defender? I'd like to throttle the fucker who made that idea acceptable.

The master tactician Sam Allardyce.

Coloccini played well, thought him and Taylor were good for large points throughout. Owen played like he wanted to win which was nice.

Possibly the worst display I've ever seen from a premiership player in Ameobi, and I struggle to understand how a first team coach who sees these players week in, week out still decides on selecting N'Zogbia to play as a left back.

Gonzalez looks like a player we could do with in the next few weeks.

Guest LucaAltieri

This was always going to be a hard game with Keegan gone. There was always the chance we would slip back into the old habits of how we played pre-Keegan (see Derby and Wigan games). That's exactly what happened. We were beaten by a side with more less quality than we potentially have. It's not relegation form. It wasn't last season and it's not likely to be this season... and hopefully when the new boss comes in and the wounds start to heal over our form will pick up and top-half finish might still be on.

We can talk about the protests and the crowd today, but short of a few Keegan chants what was the big difference? We still had 50,000+. The players wouldn't have been paying attention to banners. For the most part the fans got behind the team.

The players:

Given - Got a hand on the penalty. Little he could do about the second.

Edgar - His passing and crossing isn't up to much, but defensively he did well. He made a couple of good challenges early in the second half and wouldn't have been my choice to be subbed.

Bassong - Strong.

Taylor - Good first half, quiet in the second. Looking much more reliable next to Coloccini.

Coloccini - Quiet game all round. Did lots of cleaning up at the back. Seems to be having a calming influence on Taylor.

N'Zogbia - For the first 70 minutes it wasn't worth having him on the pitch. He can't defend, he's not a left back. Going forward after running the length of the pitch understandably meant he wasn't playing as well as we know he can. When he was pushed further forward he was much better, playing a part in Xisco's goal.

Geremi - Looked rusty.

Butt - The flesh is weak but the spirit is strong. He's a battler and his appearances should be reserved for stiffening things up to protect a lead. Same mould as Alan Smith but with a touch more quality. Shouldn't be a starter.

Guthrie - Red card aside, he was the best player in black and white today. He wants the ball, he looks confident on the ball, and he's capable of doing something with it. Once suspensions are over the central pairing needs to be Guthrie/Barton or Guthrie/Gonzalez.

Xisco - Good debut. Had a quiet first half. Obviously still adjusting to the pace of the premiership as he was caught napping once or twice. Towards the end of the game I think we saw a glimpse of what's to come. He did well in holding up the ball in situations where Ameobi falls flat on his arse. Did well linking up with Owen regularly. Good little passer; lets just hope he can keep scoring, too.

Owen - Quality as always. Linked our (mostly) static midfield to the forward line. Played a part in the goal and just about every other chance we had today. Get this man a new contract ASAP.

Ameobi - Shit. You've had your chance now politely fuck off, sir.

Gonzalez - Came on and showed good ability in holding on to the ball and picking out a pass. Exactly the kind of player we were crying out for last season. He wasn't rushed into giving the ball away of making hopeless sideways passes a la Butt and Geremi. I can see him playing a fair few games for us this season.

There are plenty of positives to take from today. If we get the right man in sharp-ish we can still make a good go of this season. We have a solid set of players. If we focus on the younger players, give them the games ahead of old hands like Butt and Geremi, then I can see getting a good top half finish. Guthrie, Xisco, Taylor and Edgar all put in decent shifts. The new arrivals all seem to have the required quality and attitude to do the business here. We just need to bring it all together.

Jonas won't be out for too long. Martins, Viduka, Duff, and Enrique are all back in the next couple of weeks which will give us more options. Enrique really needs to start getting games. N'Zogbia isn't a defender and the last 20 minutes of the game proved just how valuable he is to us going forward. Martins will give us another outlet to take some of the workload of Owen, and also give him that little bit more space in which to inflict damage.

Don't get me wrong, today's result is gutting... but not surprising, and not necessarily how it will be every week.

We're not far off and an inspired managerial appointment will get us there. Have faith.

This was always going to be a hard game with Keegan gone. There was always the chance we would slip back into the old habits of how we played pre-Keegan (see Derby and Wigan games). That's exactly what happened. We were beaten by a side with more less quality than we potentially have. It's not relegation form. It wasn't last season and it's not likely to be this season... and hopefully when the new boss comes in and the wounds start to heal over our form will pick up and top-half finish might still be on.

We can talk about the protests and the crowd today, but short of a few Keegan chants what was the big difference? We still had 50,000+. The players wouldn't have been paying attention to banners. For the most part the fans got behind the team.

The players:

Edgar - His passing and crossing isn't up to much, but defensively he did well. He made a couple of good challenges early in the second half and wouldn't have been my choice to be subbed.

Bassong - Strong.

Taylor - Good first half, quiet in the second. Looking much more reliable next to Coloccini.

Coloccini - Quiet game all round. Did lots of cleaning up at the back. Seems to be having a calming influence on Taylor.

N'Zogbia - For the first 70 minutes it wasn't worth having him on the pitch. He can't defend, he's not a left back. Going forward after running the length of the pitch understandably meant he wasn't playing as well as we know he can. When he was pushed further forward he was much better, playing a part in Xisco's goal.

Geremi - Looked rusty.

Butt - The flesh is weak but the spirit is strong. He's a battler and his appearances should be reserved for stiffening things up to protect a lead. Same mould as Alan Smith but with a touch more quality. Shouldn't be a starter.

Guthrie - Red card aside, he was the best player in black and white today. He wants the ball, he looks confident on the ball, and he's capable of doing something with it. Once suspensions are over the central pairing needs to be Guthrie/Barton or Guthrie/Gonzalez.

Xisco - Good debut. Had a quiet first half. Obviously still adjusting to the pace of the premiership as he was caught napping once or twice. Towards the end of the game I think we saw a glimpse of what's to come. He did well in holding up the ball in situations where Ameobi falls flat on his arse. Did well linking up with Owen regularly. Good little passer; lets just hope he can keep scoring, too.

Owen - Quality as always. Linked our (mostly) static midfield to the forward line. Played a part in the goal and just about every other chance we had today. Get this man a new contract ASAP.

Ameobi - Shit. You've had your chance now politely fuck off, sir.

Gonzalez - Came on and showed good ability in holding on to the ball and picking out a pass. Exactly the kind of player we were crying out for last season. He wasn't rushed into giving the ball away of making hopeless sideways passes a la Butt and Geremi. I can see him playing a fair few games for us this season.

There are plenty of positives to take from today. If we get the right man in sharp-ish we can still make a good go of this season. We have a solid set of players. If we focus on the younger players, give them the games ahead of old hands like Butt and Geremi, then I can see getting a good top half finish. Guthrie, Xisco, Taylor and Edgar all put in decent shifts. The new arrivals all seem to have the required quality and attitude to do the business here. We just need to bring it all together.

Jonas won't be out for too long. Martins, Viduka, Duff, and Enrique are all back in the next couple of weeks which will give us more options. Enrique really needs to start getting games. N'Zogbia isn't a defender and the last 20 minutes of the game proved just how valuable he is to us going forward. Martins will give us another outlet to take some of the workload of Owen, and also give him that little bit more space in which to inflict damage.

Don't get me wrong, today's result is gutting... but not surprising, and not necessarily how it will be every week.

We're not far off and an inspired managerial appointment will get us there. Have faith.

What a post. I love you.

The players:

Bassong - Strong.

Geremi - Looked rusty.

Ameobi - s***. You've had your chance now politely f*** off, sir.

What a post. I love you.

Probably the best description of Nicky Butt too.

The players:

Bassong - Strong.

Geremi - Looked rusty.

Ameobi - s***. You've had your chance now politely f*** off, sir.

top post that! thanks very much.

Nice one Luca.

Very happy to hear that about Nacho. Hope he turns out to be an awesome addition for us. I already know Xisco will be.

Really hope Ashley stays strong and sticks with the current recruitment setup, despite the initial problems with the ex-manager.

Just need someone to come in and calm things down now. We nned a manager desperately. Now that today is over and out of the way, in no way should we bring keegan back either. It just isn't worth the hassle.

Think we would have won if we'd started with a 4-4-2 formation with Nacho playing as an attacking midfielder, moving Owen up front and Ameobi to the bench.

Don't understand how we've had so many managers in recent years for NONE of them to see that Ameobi is beyond shite.

p.s. N'Zogbia is not a left-back  :angry:

this what happen when you got a business owner that doesn't know anything about football... signing wise as director of football... is worst scenario.. he dont know what kind of cunt wise is... ego maniac bastard

... keegan is not blameless either... his pathetic ego cost us.

Sigh, edited.

It's true, if you really want to be breaking into that top half you should be beating teams that will be finish bottom half come the end of the season. However the result doesn't suprise me in the slightest. It was always going to be an uphill battle given the current situation and I doubt even a win wouldn't of been pretty.

As I've already said I didn't have the best commentary of the game but it sounds like our heads went down when Hull put the penalty away. That really isn't good enough for me. Don't get me wrong I understand why it happened, it's simple psychology, but where was the fight? The character? The bravery? The commitment? I understand the attitude but they're paid professionals for Christ's sake. The fans didn't help either, too busy with their futile protests. What happened to supporting the lads? We're the innocent parties in all of this.

The table doesn't bother me at this stage, never does until October-November time, but we really won't know damage of this result until the season is over. It's really hard to tell the significance of it given our current plight.

So a home banker? I don't think so, not when put in context. The injuries and lack of manager always meant our backs would be against the wall.

It's very hard to pull positives out the match, glad for the lad Xisco, a goal will do his confidence the world of good and he sounds like a real fighter. Chin up lads, we just have to pull together and hope this mess is cleaned up sooner rather than later. It's not the end of the world, there's stll another 34 games to go and almost an entire season to play for.

Just back from the game and thought we started off brightly with some slick passing moves and could have done with a few players having a shot instead of laying it off to a team mate. I thought Guthrie did ok in spells, but at times his reactions to the play were too slow and his red card was just stupidity. Ameobi is useless, he can't tackle, head or even run properly. Owen was MotM for me with his determination to win the ball back and run at players. Nacho looks like he could be a useful addition and Xisco could be a promising player.