Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

not a chance would i take 17th. this thread will be bumped when we get our key players back and everyone will look stupid bluelaugh.gif

Not particuarily because if you read the question the thread poses, it says would you take 17th right now. All I wanted to do was to see what people thought our ambition for the season should be during this crisis. For me that was and still is survival, we for sure can't be expecting a challenge for Europe or even mid tible at this point in time.

So to conclude I don't think anyone that posted that they would take 17th would look stupid if things start to turn around and at this moment in time IF is an extremely big word.

Would take 17th if that meant that the season was over, and we had 3 months to sort out this mess.. The only thing keeping me going these days is Tottenham.

not a chance would i take 17th. this thread will be bumped when we get our key players back and everyone will look stupid bluelaugh.gif

Not particuarily because if you read the question the thread poses, it says would you take 17th right now. All I wanted to do was to see what people thought our ambition for the season should be during this crisis. For me that was and still is survival, we for sure can't be expecting a challenge for Europe or even mid tible at this point in time.

So to conclude I don't think anyone that posted that they would take 17th would look stupid if things start to turn around and at this moment in time IF is an extremely big word.

although i agree with your sentiments, i think most people who are saying yes are probably the kneejerkers that become stereotype. personally, i thought wed finish 8th at the start of the season, im now going to go for 12th or 13th. i think some people are assuming that every match for the rest of the season is going to be like the previous few, but arent thinking rationally, as we are all a bit down with the current situation, myself included

although i agree with your sentiments, i think most people who are saying yes are probably the kneejerkers that become stereotype. personally, i thought wed finish 8th at the start of the season, im now going to go for 12th or 13th. i think some people are assuming that every match for the rest of the season is going to be like the previous few, but arent thinking rationally, as we are all a bit down with the current situation, myself included

Your comment about 'knee-jerkers' is so far off the mark - it indicates to me that you haven't actually witnessed a relegation campaign ; how do you know that those who would take 17th now haven't seen a relegation side and know what one looks like ?

I HAVE, on 2 occasions, and believe me, this side is showing ALL the signs - it will take a monumental effort by all concerned(even after any takeover)to prevent the club staying in the relegation zone.

To make matters worse, none of the promoted sides look as bad as Derby last season, so there are definitely 3 places to be filled, not 2. I reckon WBA will climb away from trouble, Stoke will get a number of wins at home via their very physical approach and system(which seems to work for them),and Hull are building up confidence after a good start which will keep them going.

Of the 3 promoted sides, I reckon WBA are the best bet to stay in the Prem and improve as time goes on.

If the other 2 keep picking up results and DON'T go into a losing streak as NUFC have done, they will be very hard to catch ; and we can't strengthen the team until Jan - even then, its very difficult to get really good players as clubs want to keep them either to stay within touching distance of winning something, OR to avoid relegation....IT'S A TOUGH JOB.

Your comment about 'knee-jerkers' is so far off the mark - it indicates to me that you haven't actually witnessed a relegation campaign ; how do you know that those who would take 17th now haven't seen a relegation side and know what one looks like ?

I HAVE, on 2 occasions, and believe me, this side is showing ALL the signs - it will take a monumental effort by all concerned(even after any takeover)to prevent the club staying in the relegation zone.

To make matters worse, none of the promoted sides look as bad as Derby last season, so there are definitely 3 places to be filled, not 2. I reckon WBA will climb away from trouble, Stoke will get a number of wins at home via their very physical approach and system(which seems to work for them),and Hull are building up confidence after a good start which will keep them going.

Of the 3 promoted sides, I reckon WBA are the best bet to stay in the Prem and improve as time goes on.

If the other 2 keep picking up results and DON'T go into a losing streak as NUFC have done, they will be very hard to catch ; and we can't strengthen the team until Jan - even then, its very difficult to get really good players as clubs want to keep them either to stay within touching distance of winning something, OR to avoid relegation....IT'S A TOUGH JOB.

unfortunately you are right. And that [in bold] also relates to those who have seen a shite board, and saw the early signs too.

Others haven't seen it because they were younger lads, and others buried their heads in the sand. Its the same thing, and it was never patronising to say so, it was an observation and nothing else. This club is at the moment, looking like its heading the way of 1978 as almost a mirror image, more than a few good players, too good to go down, but a club with unhappy players, lacking direction, leadership, lacking faith in the club and a lack of confidence which will only get worse unless changes are made and fast.

Anyone around who wouldnt snap someone's arm off if 17th was offered to us this afternoon ?

Nope.

We are going down in my opinion. Carrying on like this until November is going to destroy the club beyond repair.

Anyone around who wouldnt snap someone's arm off if 17th was offered to us this afternoon ?

Nope.

We are going down in my opinion. Carrying on like this until November is going to destroy the club beyond repair.

:nods:

No chance of surviving the drop.

Agreed, we should tender our resignation from the league right now

a-ha-ha-ha-ha

fuck off

;)

so, after that spirited fightback are you all so 100% certain that we are down, that there is no hope, no saving us, and the nail is already in the coffin?

I can see how easy is it to think otherwise after a good fightback today but I still feel we are doomed.

Man City next so a defeat to them would sharp wash away the optimism thats been found today.

On present showing, of course, we're destined for the drop. But things could be radically different and far more promising in just one month's time. It's not going to be a pleasant experience this season, of course not, but I think there's enough fuel in the tank to get us to safety in good time for the end of the season.

so, after that spirited fightback are you all so 100% certain that we are down, that there is no hope, no saving us, and the nail is already in the coffin?

We're still in the bottom three and only Stoke and Spurs look worse than us and Spurs have more quality. So yes we are still fucked.

• 4 weeks later...