Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm still on 'No', but i'm closest to 'Yes' as i've ever been. The fact is, is we stabilise the club and get a manager, there's no reason why the team can't improve ten-fold. We've got bags of quality in the team.

;D

I'm still on 'No', but i'm closest to 'Yes' as i've ever been. The fact is, is we stabilise the club and get a manager, there's no reason why the team can't improve ten-fold. We've got bags of quality in the team.

:nods:

FYP.

Despite the right fuck ups going on at the club right now, we have been somewhat fortunate in the fact that the bottom ten are seperated by just 4 points after well over a quarter of the season gone, and we know that we have a chance of turning things around if we solve our problems, whereas other clubs are unlikely to improve.

I keep telling myself that we need 20 points after 19 games. We would therefore have half the points we need after half the games. We couldn't possibly have as much turmoil in the second half of the season as the first and will hopefully have new/ fully fit players as well.

So we need 7 points from the next six games. Stoke at home is a huge game.

Will 40pts be enough to stay up this year? Doesn't look like it.

I honestly think it will be that kind of margain again this year. The league hasn't settled down yet. West Brom are fucked in my honest opinion, they just don't have enough to stay in the league, simple as that. Then you start to look at the other contenders: I think both Bolton and Stoke will struggle on the road but will pick up points at home due to their rough-house tactics. Fulham as always will be down their. Hull have given themselves a great chance but will gate-crash the scrap. Sunderland look good bets to struggle as well as ourselves.

If we continue to pick up results at home, as well as the the odd away result and I think we'll keep our heads' above water

too early to write off west brom. 2 wins and their out the relegation zone, and theyve already won 3 games if im not mistaken?

Which was my point really, the league hasn't settled yet at all. Once it does I think they'll struggle to pick up results.

The concerning thing is... we've all kinda naturally thought that this four-point gap between 11th and 20th is temporary. I mean... is it, necassarily? There's some shite teams about, but the likes of Bolton, Stoke, Fulham - those who you'd expect to struggle - will still pick up wins at home. If it's still a matter or five or six points come February/March, it might not be that big a surprise, and it'll be quite frightening if we haven't sorted ourselves out.

These last two games of ours were absolutely fucking massive, and we've ballsed it up completely, leaving ourselves right in the shit. Should have been six points and we've got one. We've got two rock hard away games to come n'all. Reminds me of the Christmas period last season with Allardyce. Beating Brum and Fulham and thinking "wey, corner turned", then lost a load on the bounce.

by xmas it should settle down, and its imperative we're out of the bottom three by then.

yesterday was a disaster and with chelsea next week, its obviously a matter of damage limitations. with stoke vs west brom, spurs vs blackburn, boro vs bolton and sunderland vs west ham, we know our rivals will pick up points and put us further adrift. but if spurs and stoke win, defeat would only mean dropping to 18th.

either way, we're in trouble.

but still wouldnt take 17th  :aww:

I'm concerned for next week, even the most optimistic of us will not expect anything other than an arse beating at stamford bridge.

Couple that with a few other results which could go the wrong way and we could get plunged deep in it again.

Off the field we are still a mess, that could get worse if progress is not made on the sale of the club soon.

When I started this thread, I really thought my feeling that we could struggle to stay up was a temporary thing and that soon we would have the direction that would take us out of the mess. Unfortunately that's not happened and we are still very much in it, with no real sign of it changing. The easier games ticking away, we only played two of the eight games we can usually write off. You would have to be off your head not to take 17th spot right now with two very grateful hands.

Still yes.

This season is a write off anyway, the moment Keegan bottled it and spat his dummy it was damage limitation.

Anyone saying otherwise is an official lunatic.

:rolleyes:

This is the kind of comment I woudl expect from a makem not a toon fan