Would you take 17th place right now ?

afar
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time for a bump. I said absolutely at the time & remain of the same opinion. We are in deep shit and heading towards worse. look at where we are, who we've failed to beat & consider what is likely to be a quiet Jan for incoming & potential disquiet for outgoings. The league will start to take a lot more shape by early Jan & I can't see us being anywhere but bottom 5 come that time.

Guest Howaythetoon

Yes, without a doubt. Put it this way we are either going down or will just by the slimmest of margins survive and I'd take that now thankyou very much because I firmly believe we're going down :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, without a doubt. Put it this way we are either going down or will just by the slimmest of margins survive and I'd take that now thankyou very much because I firmly believe we're going down :(

You are just about the most miserable man I have ever encountered, on or off these boards.

You are just about the most miserable man I have ever encountered, on or off these boards.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

We were poor yesterday but we have a horrendous injury list and shocking management structure, sunderland , middlesboro, and co. have not got the same excuses and are doing just as badly, we will survive and a mid-table finish is what I expect.

I think we can get enough points to survive however at this stage last season the bottom three had 42 points between them, this season it's 62; I can't work out if this means more or less points than usual will be required to stay up. Incidentally we had four more points than we have now but had played one game more.

What we must avoid is sixty minutes of relative domination, failing to score and then collapsing for thirty minutes. That is a relegation performance.

I think we can get enough points to survive however at this stage last season the bottom three had 42 points between them, this season it's 62; I can't work out if this means more or less points than usual will be required to stay up. Incidentally we had four more points than we have now but had played one game more.

What we must avoid is sixty minutes of relative domination, failing to score and then collapsing for thirty minutes. That is a relegation performance.

Yeah but last season you had Derby.

Guest toonlass

Where do you think we will get these points from? We can't even win games where we have been playing well. As soon as the other team scores we collapse.

Where do you think we will get these points from? We can't even win games where we have been playing well. As soon as the other team scores we collapse.

Do you think we'll lose every game between between now and the end of the season? We'll win some, no doubt, and I think we'll win enough. Won't be pretty though.

Our next 5 games are pivotal, if we don't pick up decent points we are looking at the trap door as our next set of fixtures after that are frightening. Forget what other teams are doing; we are not winning football matches; we know what should be done but as ever it doesn't get done.

Bottom line is that without 3 or 4 good signings and less than 9 points out of the next 15 we are in bigger trouble than at any time in our recent history.

im not a pessimist, and its taken a while for me to get to this stage.......but yes I would accept 17th. its not ACCEPTABLE but looking at our fixtures it might be the best we can hope for. if we dont get at least 4 points from sunderland and WBA, its over  :weep:

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like an appropriate time for a bump.

Those of us that were worried early on were sooo wrong weren't we ?

Thee point we were trying to educate people on, is the fact that we had been through this all before and the signs were all pointing to what we have here, which is one hell of a fight to stay in the league.

If you wouldn't take 17th right now, you're officially of your freakin head.