Newcastle United Supporters Club

peasepud
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One Christmas Eve, Mike Ashley

Recovering from a feast

Was visited by a spirit

One ‘Jimenez’ (deceased)

“My God,” yelled Mike, then “Tony?”

“Is it you that haunts me so?”

“You got your pay-off didn’t you?”

“Now make like Sam and go”

“’Fraid not” said Tony Jimenez

“I’m here to tell you how”

“Three spirits will be coming”

“And here’s the first one now”

There was a roll of thunder

and amid the noise and din

Fat Mike could see a figure

Who was just as round as him

“Who’s there” cried Ashley nervously

The reply came back more steady

“I’m the Ghost of Christmas Past” it said

“But most just call me Freddie”

“I hear you’re in some trouble, Mike,”

“It seems you’ve dropped the ball?”

“It reminds me of the one I dropped

along with Douglas Hall!”

“Scandals soon blow over Mike”

“So here’s my best advice”

“These fans are quite a fickle bunch”

“They’ll soon be playing nice”

“Just lie low for a short while”

The ghost began to scoff

But then a second voice rang out

“It’s my turn now, clear off!”

As Fat Freddy departed

Mike Ashley lowered his eyes

And saw standing in front of him

His good pal Dennis Wise

Mike Ashley jumped and dropped his pint

In the manner of Dave Beasant

“Allo” said little Dennis

“I’m your ghost of Christmas Present”

“It seems I won’t be spending, Den”

Said Ashley with a sneer

“I’m afraid you won’t have much to do”

“Come January next year”

“Don’t fret, Boss” said Dennis

“Our fans might go beserk,”

“But I’ll just look for players to sell”

“To ensure I stay in work”

“By the time I’ve finished flogging them”

“The dressing room might be bare”

“But it’ll recoup the cash you blew”

“When you bought those HBOS shares!”

As little Dennis left him,

Mike didn’t know what to do

Until the third ghost came to him

And turned the air quite blue

“You come with me” it bellowed

and took him by the hand

to a place that seemed familiar

and was known throughout the land

But this place seemed quite different

The fans had stayed away

And Ashley couldn’t recognize

the team that played today

“This can’t be the Premiership”

He muttered in his stupor

“OF COURSE NOT!” bellowed JFK

“I’m your F*CKING Christmas Future!”

No matter what your perspective on the whole issue is, that is absolute quality.

Agreed, it would be funny if it wasn't happening to us.

You can do nowt but laugh unfortunately.

There's nothing any of us can do about the situation, it's pointless worrying about it too much.

You can do nowt but laugh unfortunately.

There's nothing any of us can do about the situation, it's pointless worrying about it too much.

I did laugh but it was a nervous laugh as much as anything.

Just had my first e-mail from NUSC.

It appears from our records that you have not followed up your interest in becoming a full NUSC member. To allow us to ensure that we are actively promoting the interests of the club we would be grateful if you could let us know the reason for this. Please note that it is possible that you have received this in error, our checks are based on the email address used to register at the time and therefore may not match our full records. If this is the case then please enter your membership number below.

The reason i'm not a member going by the answers is that i've not paid a membership fee, now i didn't receive an e-mail asking me to pay and i'm not quite sure why you have to pay to have an opinion in a supporters club.

I might have missed this but where exactly is the money going to that people have paid to become members?

I got that too, forgot i'd signed up actually.

Same here.

It's £10 per year for the membership.

Say there's 1000 members that have paid up, what would they need that 10k for?

The banner couldn't have cost that much surely :razz:

I'm not having a dig at NUSC btw, i kind agree with their opinions just not the way they have went about voicing them thus far, although the last press release was more of what i was looking for when i signed up, good luck to them tbh..

Their website is horrible, I thought a while ago that they were going to have a more balanced approach and be professional, but how can Mike Ashley be expected to communicate with a body that openly insults him and publishes 'comedy' poems about him on their website?

The whole tone of the site is wrong, the 'countdown' thing is silly, and that poem is completely out of place. The communications and open letters they have on there are all too aggressive and hostile, and they continue to talk like the 'Ashley out' stance is the official line of all Newcastle fans.

When I got the email asking why I hadn't joined I didn't know where to start!

Their website is horrible, I thought a while ago that they were going to have a more balanced approach and be professional, but how can Mike Ashley be expected to communicate with a body that openly insults him and publishes 'comedy' poems about him on their website?

The whole tone of the site is wrong, the 'countdown' thing is silly, and that poem is completely out of place. The communications and open letters they have on there are all too aggressive and hostile, and they continue to talk like the 'Ashley out' stance is the official line of all Newcastle fans.

Have to say I agree. While the poem is funny, if the NUSC is serious about wanting dialogue with Ashley, I hardly see how a lot of the stuff up there helps. On the other hand, if the NUSC is an anti-Ashley movement with no intent to work with the current set up then they can do what they want. It just depends on what they want to portray as their stance, at the moment it's very much looking like it's still "Ashley Out" at all costs.

They're a total embarrassment. I wish they could take the words Newcastle and United out of their title. Very few people in Newcastle subscribe to their opinions and they're anything but united.

I would suggest they use a new name like "Anti-southerner movement" or the "Mike Ashley out club" or even the "We haven't got a clue what we're doing or how to go about it so lets just  insult people brigade".

All more apt than the name they currently masquerade under.

Guest michaelfoster

Agreed 100%

Guest toonlass

If they really aren't a single issue 'Ashley Out' campaign group, then someone needs to get a hold of their communications output pretty quickly.

I sent them an email when the whole Mido "Islamaphobia" issue came back after the boro game, asking them if, considering that they claim to be Newcastle United Supporters spokespeople, they were going to make a public statement regarding this, and backing up the people that they claim to represent. No reply, no public statement to say that as a whole we are not Islamaphobics or racists, and just more bollocks about Mike Ashley. They really are just a single issue party.

Seems to me they can't win really.

Thought the Xmas song was piss funny myself.

There's a place for it though, in The Mag, True Faith, NUFC.com etc

Not from a 'supporters group' who through the use of Newcastle United Supporters name claim to represent the collecitve that is Newcastle United fans and have stated that they now wish to start a dialogue with the owner

Said this a bit earlier in the thread but they've already gone past the point of no return. A situation like this needed alot of perspective and thought before a direction was chosen and none was applied when making their first statment. Now that they're back tracking somewhat it's giving a terribly unproffessional look and has nullified any momentum or legitimacy it may of had when it was first formed.

It seems like a bit of a lame duck organisation now; the statments suggest dimplomacy, the website suggest propaganda. Ironically its backfired now that they're taking this dimplomatic approach when its far too late, they should of just stuck with there propaganda and pressure in order to make there organisation more affective.

Whats happening with the £10k?

The other speaker was Peter Lee - he of the 'fans bid'. Basically, there was a lot he said he couldn't say due to disclosures etc. He says that the 300,000 NUFC fans sticking in a grand each isn't neccesarily the case. According to him, there are 'substantial funds' already in place to buy the club and for transfers. Some of those involved are NUFC fans, but some aren't. The group includes business people, football fans, football/sports experts and celebrities, all of whom want to be a part of making NUFC a club for the fans and the wider community with strong fan representation. According to him, they would hope to fully take over the club by the end of the season, with a partial takeover taking place sooner. He also says that something major is going to happen this week that will make 'world headlines' and be 'bigger than Keegan'. (we've heard stuff like this before haven't we?)

Anything more been said about this?

http://www.newcastle-united-supporters-club.co.uk/countdown.php

Not going to check back to see if this is already here, but fucking hell :nope:

If we go down, ill blame a third on it on Ashley, a third on it on Keegan and a third of it on these jokers. Infuiriating how good they could of had it and how badly they;ve fucked it up, that goes for all three.

I want to know whats happened/happening to the £10k thats been raised from the membership fees.