Jak Alnwick

Thespence

Other the Arsenals second, I don't think he was that bad tbh.

Me neither.

Williamson and Colocinni were utter shite however which didn't do Alnwick any favours at all.

One of the problems is that we have too many sentimental apologists like you who are prepared to have the wool pulled over their eyes in order to support "our Jak" when he shouldn't be anywhere near a team of Newcastle's stature. Neither should fucking Elliott for that matter but that just about says it all.

If Alnwick gets injured, are we still not allowed an emergency loan?

Don't think so. We still have Darlow and Woodman.

Darlow can't be on the bench though. He is just not up to it, that much is clear.

Only going by the link Disco posted.

Pardew said: “We have two fit professionals and until you’re down to one you can’t call that emergency loan on. Freddie Woodman is one, even though he’s 17.

“Karl Darlow can’t be called back so that rule (if he’s counted as one) is wrong. If every other club can have an emergency loan and we can’t purely because we’ve got a player whose out on loan for a year doesn’t make sense. I think that is going to be looked at.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-hits-out-rule-8281864

Darlow can't be on the bench though. He is just not up to it, that much is clear.

Pardew said: “We have two fit professionals and until you’re down to one you can’t call that emergency loan on. Freddie Woodman is one, even though he’s 17.

“Karl Darlow can’t be called back so that rule (if he’s counted as one) is wrong. If every other club can have an emergency loan and we can’t purely because we’ve got a player whose out on loan for a year doesn’t make sense. I think that is going to be looked at.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardew-hits-out-rule-8281864

I seem to recall City were allowed to get a goalkeeper in on loan despite having a keeper on the books and Hart on loan at birmingham at the time

I seem to recall City were allowed to get a goalkeeper in on loan despite having a keeper on the books and Hart on loan at birmingham at the time

That was Man City.. We are not allowed but they are..

The shadow of Ronaldo looms large over this thread.

Fuck it. The kid's nowhere near ready for first team football and at this showing, won't ever be. There have been younger keepers who've shown more promise. I wish him best of luck one day, and hope he makes it, but right now, like his shoulder, his confidence looks shattered.

Nervous rookie goalkeeper? How shall we play to cope with this unique situation?

I've got it! We'll do what we always do! Invite pressure and chances and keep our fingers crossed that our goalkeeper has a blinder!

Nervous rookie goalkeeper? How shall we play to cope with this unique situation?

I've got it! We'll do what we always do! Invite pressure and chances and keep our fingers crossed that our goalkeeper has a blinder!

It's fucking depressing how simple logic just doesn't seem to win with this cunt of a manager.