Coloccini wants out; Sevilla confirm interest

Guest Howaythetoon

I've seen Colo play absolutely class when we're doing well.

Unfortunately, you need more than that from your centre-back. He's meant to be a kingpin that is consistent week in, week out. We're not getting that at the moment but i'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. I've seen enough of him to know that he is a good player.

Just a point, those last three minutes is the first he's missed of the entire season. Fair play. :thup:

He made a bad rick but other than that I thought him and Bassong generally handled the Sunderland forwards pretty well.

Cisse ran him all over the place and then Chopra did exactly the same. He made countless mistakes today, only getting away with them because of their lack of final ball.

He made a bad rick but other than that I thought him and Bassong generally handled the Sunderland forwards pretty well.

Cisse ran him all over the place and then Chopra did exactly the same. He made countless mistakes today, only getting away with them because of their lack of final ball.

Cisse will give most defenders a hard time, Chopra won one high challenge with his studs up. Coloccini also snuffed out a lot of dangerous situations with his reading of the game. He's got flaws but like oldtype said we've got other priorities ahead of CB for now. 

If only Man Utd had written Evra & Vidic that quickly. :lol:

Vidic was not poor for Man Utd when he arrived, Evra was poor for a for tad.  Vidic & Evra joined mid season & did not have a pre-season with the rest of MUFC players. Colo has been poor for most of this season.

Ah Colo where did it all go wrong? A man seriously in need of some confidence.

Got battered today, Cisse and Jones ran him ragged. He lacked strength, pace and continued to make silly little errors. We were lucky Bassong had a stormer and the opposition attack was off the mark because he could have been punished by more than the one goal today.

He wasnt fantastic today but neither was Ameobi, Carroll, Butt, Duff etc. yet they dont get slagged off like Colo does.

Look at Enrique- He took more than half a season to settle in and get back to his best.

Colo will be good for us (if he stays).

Vidic was not poor for Man Utd when he arrived, Evra was poor for a for tad.  Vidic & Evra joined mid season & did not have a pre-season with the rest of MUFC players. Colo has been poor for most of this season.

Coloccini didn't sign until the day before the Man Utd match didn't he? So it's not like you can say he had a full pre-season with the squad.

He was poor today and his performances are in decline but I think it's far, far too early to be writing the lad off.

On his day he's a class act and he's probably had more good days than bad. This is his first season in the Premier League after all. If I were Joe I'd be telling him to stick some muscle on in the summer because for me his major problem is his lack of any real strength. Add that to a bit of confidence and I think he'll be back to his best.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

He wasnt fantastic today but neither was Ameobi, Carroll, Butt, Duff etc. yet they dont get slagged off like Colo does.

Look at Enrique- He took more than half a season to settle in and get back to his best.

Never thought I'd say it........................but I thought Enrique was brilliant today.

Coloccini's a good player. Has everybody forgotten Chelsea away? He was immense that day. I wholeheartedly agree that it's taking him a bit longer to get used to the big, physical strikers, but I think he's doing ok now, and will be a much better player next season for the experience.

Also, what's the point in getting on his back? Do we really want to see Cacapa in the team? I'd rather kill my parents than have Cacapa at centre-back

Coloccini didn't sign until the day before the Man Utd match didn't he? So it's not like you can say he had a full pre-season with the squad.

I never said he did have a pre-season. To compare his poor form with Vidic is mental as Vidic was up & running after a few games.  Colo is a average defender who has had a poor run of form like most players at the club.

Never thought I'd say it........................but I thought Enrique was brilliant today.

Coloccini's a good player. Has everybody forgotten Chelsea away? He was immense that day. I wholeheartedly agree that it's taking him a bit longer to get used to the big, physical strikers, but I think he's doing ok now, and will be a much better player next season for the experience.

Also, what's the point in getting on his back? Do we really want to see Cacapa in the team? I'd rather kill my parents than have Cacapa at centre-back

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I never said he did have a pre-season. To compare his poor form with Vidic is mental as Vidic was up & running after a few games.  Colo is a average defender who has had a poor run of form like most players at the club.

Vidic came into a back four with Rio Ferdinand to help him....Coloccini has two young kids.

Vidic came into a back four with Rio Ferdinand to help him....Coloccini has two young kids.

Aye & one of them is carrying him :rolleyes:

It's incredible really, a highly rated player comes into our black hole of a club and a bunch of people write him off after some poor form. Can we not just stick by this one please? I think if we stay up and get the team sorted he could start maintaining the good form he sometimes shows.

One that is completely showing him up, and he is an Argentina international too.  Poor stuff.

To be fair a covering centre back always need more time to settle than a tackling centre back.  Colo is playing with a struggling side and he's clearing short of confidence.  His performance is acceptable, and he should be backed at least till the end of this season.

It's much easier for a youngster coming in from France to adapt, than someone who's spent his career on the continent.

That is pure speculation.  Jonas come from playing in Spain doing ok.

France is an inferior league to both Italy and Spain.

He doesnt have the attributes for being a top class defender here, he is far too flawed at present.

Trying to compare Colo with Vidic is mental. Vidic start at Man Utds was nothing like Colo start with us. He has slowly been phased out of the Argentina squad because of his poor form, check his international record since joining us. He is a average Premier League defender who is in rut of poor form.

It's much easier for a youngster coming in from France to adapt, than someone who's spent his career on the continent.

You mean Spain, he was not in Italy that much.

Wonder why Atletico Madrid or Villarreal CF never signed him on perm deal, it was hardly if AC were looking to keep him & both clubs have £££'s

No offence O-N but that's one of the strangest arguments I've ever seen on here. 

Are you sayng an experienced international with loads of wordly football experience is at a disadvantage to a young kid who's more than likely never left his home country and is playing at a level higher than he's ever experienced before.

No offence O-N but that's one of the strangest arguments I've ever seen on here. 

Are you sayng an experienced international with loads of wordly football experience is at a disadvantage to a young kid who's more than likely never left his home country and is playing at a level higher than he's ever experienced before.

Bassong was part of a Metz team that got relegated from Ligue 1 as well.