The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

I wouldn't mind getting Joe Mattock in for cover at left back either if Enrique goes (which I think he will) and a different first choice player comes in.

Got talking to a Leicester fan when at a NY Red Bulls game when I was over there in September, and mentioned we'd been linked with him.  I personally haven't seen him play, but the guy told me he's quality and gave the "future England left back" stuff.

Guest Heneage

I wouldn't mind getting Joe Mattock in for cover at left back either if Enrique goes (which I think he will) and a different first choice player comes in.

most consistent player in my FM team, 3 seasons in - never had a lower rating than 6.5

Have you passed that information onto the club?

Guest palnese

most consistent player in my FM team, 3 seasons in - never had a lower rating than 6.5

everton will have the first option then, since theyve got the database on their hands :)

everton will have the first option then, since theyve got the database on their hands :)

I think he was linked with them for about 4million in the summer.

I've had this quality left back at Newcastle for a number of years, always averages well over 7.0 we should definitely get him.

His name is Jose Enrique...oh.

Chelsea are also interested in Wigan striker Amr Zaki and Lyon forward Karim Benzema but may have to offload Wayne Bridge, Florent Malouda and Alex first. (The Independent)

Surely we should be in for him?

Also some reports that Ashton's gotta be sold from West Ham, anyone else rate him (bar injuries)?

Why not go back to chelsea with a sneaky bid for wayne bridge???? He is not too bad really, knows the prem and is a chelsea reject i.e. fits our criteria easilyy hahhahahahahahahahahaha

You on crack?

Chelsea are also interested in Wigan striker Amr Zaki and Lyon forward Karim Benzema but may have to offload Wayne Bridge, Florent Malouda and Alex first. (The Independent)

Also some reports that Ashton's gotta be sold from West Ham, anyone else rate him (bar injuries)?

If I were Scolari I would flog Cole before Bridge.

If I knew Cheryl I would then be bending her ear to get him to come up here.

I'd also have a very large right wrist

at this point is replacing players who aren't really problematic the wisest move?  i've not seen as much as most of enrique but he certainly doesn't warrant replacing (yet) ahead of lets just say:

butt, cacapa, duff, smith, viduka, sholagoals to name a few

we're already a laughing stock, i just can't see for the life of me why we'd want to start compounding things

:yikes:

£20 million for a player who will turn 31 this month? Now that's a radical change of policy.

Lol.

If Carlsberg did retarded newspapers..........

http://www.google.co.uk/images?q=tbn:vjvSGWSiOfYJ::www.nmauk.co.uk/nma/downloads

To think this shit gets approved and edited before being published and then sold across the whole of Britain. 

Guest nufc_kev

If we had a January window where we got Heskey, Benayoun and Warnock, sold Duff and Ameobi I'd be quite chuffed

Bridge for Warnock and i'd agree.

Another left-back linked, Lucas Mareque.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4604295,00.html

Given that we were strongly linked with the Independiente 'keeper in the summer, wouldn't surprise me if this one someone we'd had watched in the summer.

Joe Kinnear has identified Lucas Mareque as one of his top transfer targets for January.

The Newcastle boss is looking to bring in reinforcements in the New Year and has set his sights on a left-back to provide competition for Jose Enrique.

The likes of John Arne Riise and Leighton Baines have been linked with Newcastle but Kinnear has now expressed an interest in Mareque.

The 25-year-old Argentine currently plays for Independiente and Kinnear feels he would be a useful addition to his squad.

"Lucas Mareque is a player we are looking to bring in from Independiente in the January transfer window and we are trying to find out what that would entail," Kinnear told The People.

"He is 6ft 2ins and height is something we could do with in our back four.

"We have looked at the way our own Argentinians Jonas Gutierrez and Fabricio Coloccini have settled in and we have spoken to them about Mareque and they have given us glowing reports.

"We are also monitoring the situation at Hearts with their left-back David Obua, but like a lot of other clubs we're monitoring a lot of players."

Enjoyment

Kinnear has been given the go-ahead to make transfers after being made Newcastle manager until the end of the season.

He insists he is happy to be in the job and not at all concerned that his salary is lower than other Premier League bosses.

He said: "When I was given the role last week my financial situation wasn't even mentioned. But as far as I am concerned this is not about money.

"Yes it has been tough for me at times since I arrived but I am enjoying every minute of this and while I don't know how long I am going to be here when I do go I want to go out with my head held high.

"However if I do a good job in the next few months perhaps I would ask to have my contract reviewed."