The Newcastle United Transfer Thread: D-Day [Spoiler: Not Much Happens]

LooneyToonArmy

This thread. :lol:

I'll bet a part of the Given deal was that City would pretend they rejected a bid from us for Johnson, make it look like we tried to actually spend some money.

:lol: God damn that's cynical.

This thread. :lol:

I'll bet a part of the Given deal was that City would pretend they rejected a bid from us for Johnson, make it look like we tried to actually spend some money.

:lol: God damn that's cynical.

You know it makes sense. :smug:

So Kinnear wanted an experienced Centre Half and a Striker but we bid for 2 midfielders, there is some amount of s*** coming out the club... :lol:

We badly needed midfielders FFS.

No shit Sherlock, I am not saying we don't.  I ws commenting on the crap that ever changing crap that the club keeps spouting..

The squad is good enough to stay up.

Based on what evidence? :lol:

It's an opinion like. :thup:

Like i've said earlier, if Kinnear can't keep this lot up - as it is - then the addition of Johnson won't make a difference imo.

this is a fucking joke. We had a bargining tool in Shay Given. if We wanted Johnson. swap or use Given as make weight. We dont have the time or the squad to fuck about.

We are gonna be left with Nolan and Taylor. Not good enough. Championship beckons

Should of known that the chances of us making any major deals was about the same as winning the lottery and same day getting hit by lightning on the way to collect the win....

fuck fuck.........

Guest MrSundlofer

Now Setanta are saying that the deal for Johnson is minutes from going through.

And says he is keen to come here.

So much crap coming out of NUFC,  can just imagine that AShley, Llambias, Kinnear and Hughton have just been cooped up in the office, with a few beers, game of 3 card brag or poker, waiting for Charlie's deal to go thru in order to announce Taylor deal done.  Every hour or so one of them gets up takes a cup of coffee or sarnie to David Craig, tell him how hard they are working.  30 mins before the end of the window they announce 2 £8m deals fall thru. 

Had all month to do a deal and nothing, Johnson should've been included in the Given deal.