Fulham 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/11/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

Our away record this season is pretty horrendous isn't it?

Thank god Wigan is at home, I'd be shitting myself otherwise.

The fact that the game is at home doesnt detract from the fact that I am shitting it big time.

Guest optimistic nit

we were very average today did nothing to justify any points until we equalised, and after then it was only 10-15 mins of good football. colo, barton and jonas were probably the best 3. neither were that good though. no one really stood out.

Ameobi might just get called up to the f***ing England squad if he keeps playing like that.

Probably not, due to the stigma of being... well... Shola Ameobi.

If Heskey gets an injury or something though, why the fuck not?  :lol:

Will probably have the biggest laugh of my life if this happens.

Kinnear on the pen:

"But the referee's decision has cost us dearly. When he sees it (again) he needs to apologise big-time. He has plenty to answer for."

Looking at a video replay of the the penalty decision, it definitely seems like Colo took the ball first. (not the best of pics though)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8199/colopenrp7.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/colopenrp7.jpg/1/w336.png

Throughly pedestrian effort against a crap team.

Given: 6

Beye: 6

Cacapa: 3

Coloccini: 4

Enrique: 5 Frustrating.

Duff: 5

Barton: 6

Butt: 5

Jonas: 5 (Worst game for us; still not the player to take off)

Ameobi: 5

Martins: 5

Owen: 4

Kinnear: 3

MOTM? Well, Beye didn't embarrass himself. Barton was alright.

How can anyone give Coloccini and Owen the same mark today?

Colo played well apart from the penalty and I don't really blame him for that where as Owen spent 20 minutes walking around uninterested and his only contribution was to somehow manage to miss a sitter from 5 yards.

Kinnear on the pen:

"But the referee's decision has cost us dearly. When he sees it (again) he needs to apologise big-time. He has plenty to answer for."

Looking at a video replay of the the penalty decision again, it definitely seems like Colo took the ball first. (not the best of pics though)

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8199/colopenrp7.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/colopenrp7.jpg/1/w336.png

there was a push on Cacapa first

Colo played well apart from the penalty and I don't really blame him for that where as Owen spent 20 minutes walking around uninterested and his only contribution was to somehow manage to miss a sitter from 5 yards.

I agree on the first point but Colo did not play well.

there was most certainly a push on Cacapa beforehand that should have been called. I wasn't close enough to comment on the actual pen though, will have to watch MoTD.

If it's yet another bad decision that's gone against us I'm going to explode.

but he didn't play bad either

Just got back, loud as fuck in the second half today, absolutely hammered them in the second half after being awful in the first. Should have won. Barton was head and shoulders above the rest today imo, Beye and Colo were decent. Jonas was wank in the first half but excellent for what he played in the second, Duff should have been the man off.

He did alright. To say he did not play well is unfair.

I thought he was one of our best players, won most in the air and was solid on the floor, his distribution was good when he brought it out from the back too, the penalty wasn't a rash tackle but he was just caught out by how quick Johnson moved through the box.

I thought he was one of our best players, won most in the air and was solid on the floor, his distribution was good when he brought it out from the back too, the penalty wasn't a rash tackle but he was just caught out by how quick Johnson moved through the box.

I didnt think we had that many if anyone who played well. We were shocking first half & had spell in the 2nd half & that was it.

Every fucking year at Fulham we're mostly shit and can't seem to pass the ball to eachother, last year we got lucky. We were shit and still could have won today, I'm certain we would have if they hadn't got the pen when they did, they weren't better than us. How stupid is it to bring Owen on and then start lumping balls up to Shola? Meaning Owen hardly had a kick, and the one he does get he fucks up from about 2 yards.

Gay.

JFK is giving it large on the ref costing us. But on another day Shola's goal could have easily been given offside tbh. It's always a seriously ugly game at Craven Cottage but there was more football played today than in others I've seen there (last year anyone?). We  deserved to get something from the game today though....

Everyone is blaming Cacapa but in a defence that talks to one another someone (Given, Enrique) would shout at him to leave the ball alone and the first goal does not happen. 

JFK is giving it large on the ref costing us. But on another day Shola's goal could have easily been given offside tbh. It's always a seriously ugly game at Craven Cottage but there was more football played today than in others I've seen there (last year anyone?). We  deserved to get something from the game today though....

Everyone is blaming Cacapa but in a defence that talks to one another someone (Given, Enrique) would shout at him to leave the ball alone and the first goal does not happen. 

It looked like Colo had got a call, perhaps off Cacapa who was planning to deal with it?

Either way, its not "not getting a call" that cost us a goal, its the stupid fucking mistake he made when attempting to clear it.