LOL at Lolro

Guest elbee909

Chelsea could be top of the table on Saturday night having played three and won three, and I think they will continue their winning start to the season.

Chances against Chelsea

A lot has been said about Eden Hazard's performances already, but Oscar is still to come in for his first start, and the key to more success for Chelsea this season will be those two plus Juan Mata, who will be the trio playing behind Fernando Torres when they all get up and running. The service for Torres will be vital, as will his finishing ability of course. But I still think Chelsea need another striker because, if Torres is injured, they only really have Daniel Sturridge as a back-up, and for me he still has a lot to prove.

Newcastle got over the line last week against Tottenham, winning a game they might have lost 18 months ago. We know what the Magpies have got - real potent attacking prowess - but I just think Chelsea have got the bit between their teeth at the moment.

Whatever happens at Stamford Bridge, I believe Newcastle are in the race for the Champions League places, though, because they have got so much firepower.

Prediction: 2-0

No Ba mention? :yao:

This is Mark Lawrenson

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwq23EAukCbB1rDOPDZrTh8VVgHwmfGzi_V-V6F-qryyRaygyJ

This is Lawro's brain on Wolves.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwu-uwCPXZkmXJNA0ltorCxXTumWQ6scbbQHB5hYudM5nGj18_Lg

http://i45.tinypic.com/317furp.jpg

Lawro. :yao:

Someone show him our City home game last year. Or pretty much all City "come from behind" fixtures. They always use this "Toure pushed forward" tactic.

Then again, I doubt he'll have any room left in that peanut to put this in.

Finally some good news!

Newcastle v Aston Villa (16:00 BST)

Newcastle have been linked with Andy Carroll and you can never have enough strikers. They are being very cute because they know Carroll only really wants to go to Newcastle. Their idea of a deal for Carroll is not the same as Liverpool's idea of a deal.

If Villa are going to stay in this league they have to get the best out of Darren Bent. Paul Lambert has been trying to bring in striker Christian Benteke from Belgium. If they can bring someone in to help and take the pressure off Bent I think they'll be fine but if they don't they'll be in big trouble because defensively they're looking very fragile, including keeper Shay Given.

Villa are going to Newcastle, where they will get a thorough examination because United have good attacking players and have options in midfield and up front.

http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/175/archive/archive/lawrenson_mark.jpg

Guest bimpy474

If Villa are going to stay in this league they have to get the best out of Darren Bent. Paul Lambert has brought in striker Christian Benteke from Belgium and if he can take the pressure off Bent I think they'll be fine, but if he can't they'll be in big trouble because defensively they're looking very fragile, including goalkeeper Shay Given.

Villa are going to Newcastle, where they will get a thorough examination because United have good attacking players and have options in midfield and up front.

One fucking sentence.

If Villa are going to stay in this league they have to get the best out of Darren Bent. Paul Lambert has brought in striker Christian Benteke from Belgium and if he can take the pressure off Bent I think they'll be fine, but if he can't they'll be in big trouble because defensively they're looking very fragile, including goalkeeper Shay Given.

One fucking sentence.

I would say half :lol:

Guest bimpy474

One fucking sentence.

I would say half :lol:

True :lol: Also when you look at the the other games, ours is by far the smallest write up. Have we upset him like ;D

• 2 weeks later...
Everton v Newcastle (20:00 BST)

This will be a good game. Both these teams will be up and around the top six come the end of the season.

I know one or two Newcastle supporters have been highlighting the lack of signings but they have forgotten they have got some really good players there already. They have got a good team spirit and they attack teams. They have been really sensible in what they have been doing and are a real handful.

You put all those Newcastle players up for sale and you look at the quality of clubs that come in for them.

Everton were a little bit unlucky at West Brom but they are a good side with good players. They don't have the deepest squad though.

David Moyes has made some clever signings and his side has got the bit between their teeth. This is the type of game where, if you win it, you convince yourself that you are in for a good season and that you are a good side.

Prediction: 2-1

Incidentally, Lolro would be joint eighth of the current N-O prediction league :lol: (ie. ahead of 39 of the 48 participants)

That's having predicted one game less too, in which he probably would have predicted Chelsea to beat Reading like everyone else. Oh, the shame.