Kinnear Out

oldtype

Quote from Kinnear in the BBC which hasn't quite been given  the correct context by any of the media:

Why wasn't it addressed by the previous two managers?

Those words are clear to me. He isn't questioning Allardyce or Keegan. He's questioning Mike Ashley.

Aye, that's the way I read it too.

Keegan tried to address it. He got his wrists publicly slapped in London

“Yes, I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel,” Kinnear said. “Once we get two or three players back fully fit, really fully fit, I think we’ll be alright, I really do.

“I’m an optimist, I know everyone else will be saying something different. Only time will tell but I’m very confident we will stay up. I’ve just been riddled with injuries for the past six weeks, I haven’t picked a team since I’ve been here back to back.

“I’m not having a knock at the previous managers but whoever did their homework on the squad needs to take a long look at it because we haven’t got any back-up.”

No shit Joe. Kevin was telling us the same.

I've just realised what it is...MA and JK are psychologically  very similar people and so is Wise. We are absolutely fuckfest fucked.

I think it would be fallacious to attribute shared mendacious tendencies to a similar underlying structure of the psyche here.

Guest toonlass

I've just realised what it is...MA and JK are psychologically  very similar people and so is Wise. We are absolutely fuckfest fucked.

I think it would be fallacious to attribute shared mendacious tendencies to a similar underlying structure of the psyche here.

Aye  :pow:

Here is the latest instalment from the incredible bullshitting man,i  wish he would just shut the fuck up but in a perverse way i like to have a laugh though i shouldnt be feeling like this with the old git  :-[

Joe Kinnear - Our fans do not understand my problems

Jan 19 2009 by Stuart Rayner, The Journal

Joe Kinnear

JOE Kinnear told Newcastle United’s supporters they do not understand the problems he is up against after they turned on him for the first time, writes.

The 62-year-old was barracked by travelling fans during Saturday’s 3-0 surrender at Blackburn Rovers. They also demanded the introduction of substitute Jonás Gutiérrez. The Argentinian did not come on until the 79th minute because of an injured hamstring. Afterwards Kinnear was anxious to explain the defeat, his failure to land any transfer targets in the first 17 days of the window, the make-up of his squad and his team selection.

“I understand how the fans feel, they’ve been phenomenal since I came,” he said. “The fans are crying out for success, and I’m not trying to hide from that. They want to see Newcastle do well and, in the second half, we disappointed them.

“They’re going to vent their anger and, nine times out of 10, it’s the manager that gets it. I suppose previous managers have had the same treatment, but I feel for them and understand where it comes from.

“They don’t know the ins and outs of what’s happening at the club, and they don’t know just how tough it is. They might be chanting for their favourite player (Gutiérrez) but they have to understand he hasn’t trained this week.

“The sad thing – and I’m going to hate saying it – is that being out of the (FA) Cup might be a blessing in disguise. I know we should have annihilated Hull (in last week’s third-round replay, which they lost 1-0), but it’ll give us two or three weeks to get players back.” Newcastle do not play again until January 28 at Manchester City. Nicky Butt will be suspended after being sent off on Saturday. United must hope the Football Association do not examine his reaction – abusing referee Rob Styles, then petulantly hoofing the ball into the stands – or the ban could be extended.

Kinnear – who was in France yesterday scouting his top targets, Rennes midfielder Stéphane Mbia, and Lille centre-back Adil Rami – also revealed his transfer budget will not stretch as far as he hoped. The Magpies bid £5m for Mbia but Rennes want nearer double that.

Kinnear faces a choice between quantity and quality between now and 5pm on February 2.

“I’m certainly going to spend the £10m I’ve got,” he said. “I was trying to spread the money wisely and buy two £5m players. On each occasion, the (selling) club has said they want £10m. Whether I get that kind of money is debatable. The club’s haemorrhaging money and you know what’s happening in the economic climate.

“The question now is do I go for one £10m player, or do I keep searching for two £5m signings?

“I’m not going to take free transfers and I’m not going to take some of the players who have been offered to me this week. We’ve got to be in there getting top-class players because this is a top-class club.” The United boss may be able to supplement his budget by reluctantly selling back-up goalkeeper Steve Harper to Tottenham Hotspur.

The London side have turned their attention to Harper, having originally targeted Newcastle’s first choice shot-stopper Shay Given.

If United can retain the disillusioned Given, selling Harper now could be an attractive option because he can leave for free at the end of his contract in June and highly-rated Dutch youngster Tim Krul is due to return from loan at Carlisle United this week.

Kinnear, meanwhile, has blamed the lack of balance in the squad on his predecessors and put much of the onus for Saturday’s defeat on referee Rob Styles.

The Waterlooville official awarded a penalty against Newcastle for the third time this season – wrongly in Kinnear’s view – and sent off a United player for the second time.

Despite his gripes, Kinnear has no intention of walking away from the job.

“I love the game, so I’m going to fight my corner,” he said.

“It’s a massive job and I like the people up here.

“I love the club and being back in the Premier League. I said I’d keep Newcastle up and I intend to do that.

“Once we get two or three players back fully fit – and I mean fully fit – I think we’ll be all right. Only time will tell, but I’m very confident we will stay up.”

Meanwhile, Slovenian First Division side NK Domzale have confirmed that their 16-year-old midfielder Haris Vuckic has signed for Newcastle. The deal is initially for six months, with the option of a further three years.

Between Mort/Ashley/Harris all saying on many occasions that we're on a very sound financial footing (all debts paid off etc) and Kinnear saying we're haemorrhaging money. Surely there's some middle ground?

Between Mort/Ashley/Harris saying we're on a very sound financial footing (debts paid off etc) and Kinnear saying we're haemorrhaging money. Surely there's some middle ground?

Kinnear has alos said about 10 times since getting the job including on SSN on saturday that we are debt free.

Between Mort/Ashley/Harris saying we're on a very sound financial footing (debts paid off etc) and Kinnear saying we're haemorrhaging money. Surely there's some middle ground?

Kinnear has alos said about 10 times since getting the job including on SSN on saturday that we are debt free.

Seems to suggest he is being told different things by those above from day to day.

What has he really done to be so hated, if given a contract and he accepts .. it's not his fault.  He is doing a job the BEST he can, he wants a return to football.  There is no way he wouldn't be trying his hardest.

If the people upstairs thinks he is doing a good enough job take over permanently, its the inept management above Kinnear thats the problem.

if ashley hadnt got rid of kk we would be top 8 now and looking at uefa cup. As it is the team is playing so badly and it doesnt help when the manager is tactically inept. He woulnt get abuse if he could see what the fans saw. I mean why not bring lualua and kadar on. I mean zog was shocking yet kinnear persisted, when lualua was sitting just along. Making substitutes at the right time can have such a big influence on the game, yet kinnear always seems to miss the right opportunity (mackem game as just one out of many examples). I f he got his tactics right then it would be the players getting stick.

We're a club with the 5th highest wage bill in the Premiership and we've gone out of 2 cup competitions early, we're roughly 4 or 5,000 down on the gates and we've lost money for years.

Is it any surprise that Kinnear has claimed that we're haemorrhaging money?

What has he really done to be so hated, if given a contract and he accepts .. it's not his fault.  He is doing a job the BEST he can, he wants a return to football.  There is no way he wouldn't be trying his hardest.

If the people upstairs thinks he is doing a good enough job take over permanently, its the inept management above Kinnear thats the problem.

No disrespect dear boy but the ramblings since the day he arrived here should be enough for you to realize the man is a complete dick but do you think otherwise than if thats the case write what you know about football and there will still be room on the back of a stamp :banghead:

No disrespect dear boy but the ramblings since the day he arrived here should be enough for you to realize the man is a complete dick but do you think otherwise than if thats the case write what you know about football and there will still be room on the back of a stamp :banghead:

You missed my point entirely, do you not agree he is doing his best?  I didnt even bring up the football we are playing but acknowledging his effort, idiot.

Guest Slippery Sam

"The club’s haemorrhaging money "

If they think that now wait until next season.

You better believe it.

So Kinnear's not taking any free transfers either? I guess that means Lovenkrands aint coming?????

You missed my point entirely, do you not agree he is doing his best?  I didnt even bring up the football we are playing but acknowledging his effort, idiot.

Yes he maybe doing his best but it simply is not good enough for us ,so are you saying he is the right man to take us forward then  :undecided:

"The clubs haemorrhaging money "

If they think that now wait until next season.

You better believe it.

So Kinnear's not taking any free transfers either? I guess that means Lovenkrands aint coming?????

Ah but he said he'd get bums off seats and everything.

Guess he'd watched a you tube compilation before he made that statement.

Kinnear wants to know Ashley's Toon plans

JOE KINNEAR has indicated to owner Mike Ashley that his future at Newcastle United may not extend beyond the end of the season.

The Toon boss has echoed the concerns of Newcastle supporters who are anxious over which direction the club are heading in and has warned: “We’re NOT too good to go down.”

Kinnear was the only voice from St James’s Park heard over the weekend as Toon players were gagged after Saturday’s depressing 3-0 defeat at Ewood Park.

And, despite several attempts by the Chronicle since Mike Ashley announced he was staying on December 28 last year, requests for interviews to speak to the owner, Derek Llambias or transfer chief Dennis Wise have been deferred until after the transfer window shuts.

Kinnear, like Kevin Keegan before him, has been uneasy at the lack of transfer funds available during the January transfer window.

And with bids for targeted players like midfielder Stephane Mbia and forward Bafetimbi Gomis unlikely to bring the Ligue 1 pair to Tyneside, Kinnear is becoming increasingly worried they may be empty-handed when the window shuts on February 2.

United will welcome a host of trial players, including Peter Lovenkrands, to take part in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Carlisle United on Tuesday.

But with the travelling support at Blackburn venting their frustrations at Kinnear, Ashley and Wise on Saturday, a lack of transfer activity in the right direction is in danger of seeing fans’ anger bubbling over once again this season.

Kinnear – who suggested he would only stay at United if there was money to spend – told the Chronicle: “I have to be aware of which direction the club wants to go in.

“People say we’re too good to go down, but from the day I walked in here nothing’s changed.

“We’re fighting a relegation battle.

“I knew that from day one, but I didn’t expect to be in this position with so many horrendous long-term injuries.

“I sit down and talk to them (Ashley and Llambias) about my ideas. I want to bring my own players in.

“There’s a fair amount of players we need at the moment, and I want to make sure I’m in a position to do that.

“We need to look at the situation and say ‘where do we go from here?’

“That’s the only thing I need to sort out.

“Can I bring in the players I want – and can I get rid of the players that I don’t want?

“It’s a fantastic club, there’s no question about that, but we need to give the fans what they want.”

“I’ve got (an offer of) two- and-a-half years and I’m just mulling it over.

“I’ll make that decision later on. I’ve got it in writing, and am quite happy with everything else, but there’s one or two things I want to sort out.”

Kinnear ran the rule over Rennes star Mbia in their away fixture at Lille, with home centre-back Adil Rami also under close inspection.

Mbia played 79 minutes of Rennes’ 1-0 away loss to Lilles with the Cameroon midfielder not enjoying a happy evening in northern France.

The Toon target was subbed after an ineffective performance for Rennes, making it difficult for Kinnear to justify blowing his entire transfer kitty on one player.

Mbia’s club have insisted that no players will be leaving the club, while the African played a straight bat over a possible switch to Tyneside.

The Cameroon star said: “I don’t have anything to say about any bid.

“What I know most is that Premier League clubs are interested in me. I am at Rennes at the moment, so it is between the teams.”

And Kinnear’s take on the situation today was: “We have made bids, but they’re nowhere near the valuation they want.

“We’ve offered over £5m for one player, but they’ve come back and said they want £8-10m.

“That’s out of my hands. I’ve identified the players we want, but whether we buy them is another thing.”