Kinnear Out

oldtype

You can't just sack your manager every time you go on a shitty run of games ffs.

Why not just sack our manager every Friday afternoon and win the following game?  ???

It's not as if Kinnear was a class manager with a decent record and we're just turning on him because of recent poor form. FFS.

He was never good enough. Appointing hiim was a mistake from the start. Let's just get around to rectifying that before we're dead and buried.

It was either him or Hughton. Take your pick.

No-one else wanted the job.

I would love to know whats going on in Joe's head at the moment in terms of mulling over the offer of a new deal.

I would be amazed if he wasnt starting to think that he would be much happier away from all of this

Guest sicko2ndbest

You can't just sack your manager every time you go on a shitty run of games ffs.

Why not just sack our manager every Friday afternoon and win the following game?  ???

Wrong context.

You dont sack a competent manager who is simply having a bad run

But

You do sack a manager who is out of his depth

I don't think there is any point replacing joe whilst we still have this shower of shite players and owner there. No manager will improve us at this rate. We need intelligent midfielders and players having a go to try and win the game and a bit of luck. I still think if we get 2 midfielders and poss striker now we will look a lot better than at present. 1 or two centre midds who can move, pass and track back or one and a right winger would do us. If Given and nzog are gone(and they are they are not fucking injured) then that should bring about 16 mil, add to the 10 joe apparently has and I would just give in on this club if we did not attempt to spend all 26 mill in next few days to get some class in there

Are you having a laugh, man? Do you think Joe Kinnear is good enough?

You can blame it on the lack of depth aswell... but then - the reason why people aren't coming here because they won't commit themselves to this cretin of a manager.

Yep - that's exactly what I said.

Fuck me.  :rolleyes:

It's not as if Kinnear was a class manager with a decent record and we're just turning on him because of recent poor form. FFS.

He was never good enough. Appointing hiim was a mistake from the start. Let's just get around to rectifying that before we're dead and buried.

Getting on my nerves how everyone states this with utter certainty.

If you were an unemployed manager who'd just left a Championsihp club, would you not jump at the chance to manage anywhere in the Premiership? No matter how shit?

Well there are a few of those out there right now. And every last one is leagues better than Joe Fucking Kinnear.

Wrong context.

You dont sack a competent manager who is simply having a bad run

But

You do sack a manager who is out of his depth

Dave's already fielded this one 2 mins ago.  :thup:

Who should we have got instead then bearing in mind the club was for sale?

Can we follow the chain?

Would the club PUBLICALLY been for sale had the bed sheet not had an airing?

What we should have done was say "thanks but get the f*** out of here" the moment the club went off the market.

Why? We were looking alright going into Christmas when, as I recall at least, we put a decent little run together. To sack Kinnear on the back of that would have been very unfair imo and would just alienate the players even more.

Are you having a laugh, man? Do you think Joe Kinnear is good enough?

You can blame it on the lack of depth aswell... but then - the reason why people aren't coming here because they won't commit themselves to this cretin of a manager.

Yep - that's exactly what I said.

Fuck me.  :rolleyes:

"You dont just sack a manager after a run of bad games..." Sorry - just sounded like you were justifying his management. Ah, it's just a bad run of games, not sack-worthy. If that's not what you were doing then i misinterpreted. :thup:

I think it's four wins in twenty now. :undecided:

If you were an unemployed manager who'd just left a Championsihp club, would you not jump at the chance to manage anywhere in the Premiership? No matter how shit?

Well there are a few of those out there right now. And every last one is leagues better than Joe Fucking Kinnear.

Do you blame the players at all or is it totally, 100% on Kinnear?

Who is going to come here at this stage of the season? No ability to do anything in the transfer market, question marks still above the owner and the system, a team that will be even more bewildered, and not sure they'll be kept on next season if we go down. We couldn't even get Shearer.

As I said, there's no point even discussing it.

You get a lower level manager with a good record and lots of self confidence. Take a risk, if we go down, they'll have a better chance of coming up than Kinnear, and if we stay up, even better.

If Kinnear stays, we'll be in this position in the Championship next season.

What we should have done was say "thanks but get the f*** out of here" the moment the club went off the market.

Why? We were looking alright going into Christmas when, as I recall at least, we put a decent little run together. To sack Kinnear on the back of that would have been very unfair imo and would just alienate the players even more.

If it's illogical to sack a decent manager over a bad run, it's equally illogical to keep a shit manager over a good one.

We should have let his contract run out, gave him an honorable handshake for steadying the ship, and write him a glowing reference for his new job in the Championship.

Remember the 1-1 draw against Man Utd, the 4-1 win over Spurs etc.

This lot is much better than what they are giving, but it is the responsibility of the manager to get the best out of this lot.

If you were an unemployed manager who'd just left a Championsihp club, would you not jump at the chance to manage anywhere in the Premiership? No matter how s***?

Well there are a few of those out there right now. And every last one is leagues better than Joe f***ing Kinnear.

The players are also shit but they'd be significantly less shit if they weren't being coached by a complete idiot.

Is it impossible in your mind to both improve the squad AND get a new manager? Does it have to be either/or?

nobody else wants the job man plus we have guttless players playing for us apart from one or two. Its easy to blame the manager but a lot of these players are not earning their money at the moment and honestly dont look like they give a fuck

nobody else wants the job man plus we have guttless players playing for us apart from one or two. Its easy to blame the manager but a lot of these players are not earning their money at the moment and honestly dont look like they give a f***

Does blaming Kinnear automatically equate not blaming the players in your mind?

NE5-esque logic :lol:

If you were an unemployed manager who'd just left a Championsihp club, would you not jump at the chance to manage anywhere in the Premiership? No matter how s***?

Well there are a few of those out there right now. And every last one is leagues better than Joe f***ing Kinnear.

The players are also shit but they'd be significantly less shit if they weren't being coached by a complete idiot.

Is it impossible in your mind to both improve the squad AND get a new manager? Does it have to be either/or?

Not at all. But I can't see a long line of top players and managers forming an orderly queue to join us, can you?

In my opinion the players need to take a large share of the responsibility of the blame for where we find ourselves. If you disagree then fair enough.

Who is going to come here at this stage of the season? No ability to do anything in the transfer market, question marks still above the owner and the system, a team that will be even more bewildered, and not sure they'll be kept on next season if we go down. We couldn't even get Shearer.

As I said, there's no point even discussing it.

You get a lower level manager with a good record and lots of self confidence. Take a risk, if we go down, they'll have a better chance of coming up than Kinnear, and if we stay up, even better.

If Kinnear stays, we'll be in this position in the Championship next season.

If Messi-ah hadn't started that Martinez thread, who would you have suggested?

The players are also s*** but they'd be significantly less s*** if they weren't being coached by a complete idiot.

Not at all. But I can't see a long line of top players and managers forming an orderly queue to join us, can you?

In my opinion the players need to take a large share of the responsibility of the blame for where we find ourselves. If you disagree then fair enough.

I don't absolve the players from blame in the slightest. I don't see why you keep trying to misrepresent me in that manner.

We need to make a couple signings AND sack Joe Kinnear if we want to stay up. There are replacements out there.

The players are also s*** but they'd be significantly less s*** if they weren't being coached by a complete idiot.

I don't absolve the players from blame in the slightest. I don't see why you keep trying to misrepresent me in that manner.

We need to make a couple signings AND sack Joe Kinnear if we want to stay up. There are replacements out there.

Name them.

not at all oldtype. I dont think kinnear is great by any means but I think the players have to look at themselves a lot more and if they have anything about them they should be able to show it. They can't even pass the ball and thats their problem not the managers mate they are not concentrating and they are lazy with their passing

Name them.

Search the thread, I've done so at least five times and I really can't be arsed anymore. :lol: