Michael Owen gets injured; rejoice!

Willow

"He was my first choice, the chairman nearly fell off his chair when I said this is the one I really want. There was a look of disbelief and he shook his head. And we've got him and the supporters will love him. He's an honest, up-front guy as well as a top-class footballer."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-360900/Owen-looks-future-head-spinning-days.html#ixzz0TneRQxMS

Guest diddimz

"He was my first choice, the chairman nearly fell off his chair when I said this is the one I really want. There was a look of disbelief and he shook his head. And we've got him and the supporters will love him. He's an honest, up-front guy as well as a top-class footballer."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-360900/Owen-looks-future-head-spinning-days.html#ixzz0TneRQxMS

No chance in hell would I use any of those words to describe Owen.

Didn't Souness want Anelka and Boa Morte or something, but Shepherd wanted Luque and Owen? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

NE5 did post a link once highlighting with quotes Souness writing Owens name on a bit of paper & saying that is who he wanted.

To be fair, I do remember that. Something like Shepherd asked Souness to write down a list of players he wanted, he put Owen down, and Shepherd nearly fell off his chair, or something like that.

Souness used to take the piss out of bellamy's finishing ability from what I remember, constantly sniping at his goals record when justifying his decision to play him wide. Even with a gammy leg Bellamy is still a far more effective striker than owen in today's game. Souness is such a twat.

Guest neesy111

Didn't Souness want Anelka and Boa Morte or something, but Shepherd wanted Luque and Owen? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

NE5 did post a link once highlighting with quotes Souness writing Owens name on a bit of paper & saying that is who he wanted.

To be fair, I do remember that. Something like Shepherd asked Souness to write down a list of players he wanted, he put Owen down, and Shepherd nearly fell off his chair, or something like that.

Souness used to take the piss out of bellamy's finishing ability from what I remember, constantly sniping at his goals record when justifying his decision to play him wide. Even with a gammy leg Bellamy is still a far more effective striker than owen in today's game. Souness is such a twat.

very true, despite bellamy being our top goalscorer that season until he left

but i do seem to remember many fans backing souness over what happened at the time

So how screwed are Man U now? Rooney is now injured and the guy they brought in to fill in managed to get injured yet again even before Rooney did. Predictable as anything.

Owen will be discarded next summer and they'll likely get another striker in who can at the very least not get injured all the time.

very true, despite bellamy being our top goalscorer that season until he left

but i do seem to remember many fans backing souness over what happened at the time

The fans backed the principle rather than Souness, not to mention Shearer threw his weight behind the manager which had a big bearing. Souness couldn't have achieved the destructuction of the squad without tacit support from Shearer and Shepherd.

So how screwed are Man U now? Rooney is now injured and the guy they brought in to fill in managed to get injured yet again even before Rooney did. Predictable as anything.

Owen will be discarded next summer and they'll likely get another striker in who can at the very least not get injured all the time.

huntelaar maybe? he's not doing too well at milan (so far)

Guest iliketoonarmy

I am 100%  confident Rooney can start for Man Utd for the next game. FA is giving Man Utd 100% support in everything since 4 years ago :)

i ain't joking here when i say i think he'll score the opener for man u against liverpool on sunday in a large man u win.

:doh:

Made all the more stupid by the fact that we all knew he wouldn't play more than the last 15 minutes at best.