The Roflham Lolspurs Thread

Willow

Everyone has much more faith in Moyes than I do.

Is a manager that continually causes his team to go on long runs of good/bad form really what Spurs want? I don't see Moyes giving them the consistency needed for a top 4 finish. Even with moolah.

Like you, I don't rate Moyes that highly. Hard to say obviously, as he's never had a decent budget.

Not sure moyes is what they need, he apparently is a control freak and well Levy is the exact same and wants to do most transfer work etc himself. Plus as Semtex brought up he really goes on these runs good and bad and usually start badly in a season and he won't get the time that he has at Everton to turn the run around

Agreed, there has to be SOME reason that they always seem to start so slowly/poorly? I'm sure Neil will have more of an insight as I can't admit to religiously following Evertons pre-season. As for Redknapp I hope he ends up in some fucking backwater shithole, earning millions no doubt but the less we have to put up with that sagging face the better.

it must be the pre season, what else could it be to start like a relegation side then gets a siege mentality going in the middle of the season massive run to the end

Not sure moyes is what they need, he apparently is a control freak and well Levy is the exact same and wants to do most transfer work etc himself. Plus as Semtex brought up he really goes on these runs good and bad and usually start badly in a season and he won't get the time that he has at Everton to turn the run around

Agreed, there has to be SOME reason that they always seem to start so slowly/poorly? I'm sure Neil will have more of an insight as I can't admit to religiously following Evertons pre-season. As for Redknapp I hope he ends up in some f***ing backwater shithole, earning millions no doubt but the less we have to put up with that sagging face the better.

it must be the pre season, what else could it be to start like a relegation side then gets a siege mentality going in the middle of the season massive run to the end

'The Everton Way' TM?

Guest neesy111

Whoever they appoint will be a signal of their intent for the next few seasons.

:lol: Well yeah, you can't argue with that.

:lol: Neesy, the king of the bleedin' obvious

:okay:

The new £45m training complex that was handed over by the builders this month, plus the new stadium development, work on which starts after the Olympics, are more statements of intent than the appointment of a new manager tbh.

I honestly don't see what a new manager can do for them. Yes they can challenge to get into the champions league again but isn't that what Harry was already doing?

The next step beyond that involves massive fees, huge wages and top market players. How can any new manager achieve more than that?

The new £45m training complex that was handed over by the builders this month, plus the new stadium development, work on which starts after the Olympics, are more statements of intent than the appointment of a new manager tbh.

Well not really :lol:

The choice of manager has far more impact on the future of your club than a new stadium.

Tbh he wasn't that unbearable in the latest car interview until the reporter got his back up by suggesting his career was nearly over, after which he was stroppy in general culminating in him saying something along the lines of "Well so they fackin should welcome me back at the Lane with open arms, I did a fackin good job there".

The guy won't stand for anything but unbelievably sycophantic praise from reporters. :lol:

Thought he started off all right, but then he kept saying "I've been here four wonderful years, it's just what happens in football." At first I believed him, but in the end it just sounded like he was bitter but just wouldn't admit it.

Too true. Might as well go and get George Graham back in at a pittance. Save the pennies for a new carpet in the reception area of the stadium. That'll show 'em you mean business. O0

If Moyes does leave Everton then thats Everton fucked in my opinion. Worth a punt on them going down in my honest opinion. Ageing players, most of the better players will follow Moyes out of the door, no money to bring anyone in or toe replace Moyes with a decent manager.

There are worse teams with less money than Everton in the league man, they're only notable as being skint because of their stature in the Premiership.

dunno like, there was that clock about how long it had been since they bought someone.

Re Everton, it really is mystifying why they always start out so poorly.  You look at the way they finish seasons almost every year and you think "no way can this team perform so badly at the start of next season" but it routinely happens.  Something to do with training, the dates they come back, their pre-season regime?  They don't get much investment under Kenwright as a general rule, maybe a defeatist mentality runs through the club at first, a perceived lack of ambition upon returning for the new season?  I'm purely speculating, it's a strange phenomenon.  They looked so quality in the last few months though especially with Jelavic who is exactly what they've needed for ages and I'll be watching them with interest come August.

Where Redknapp is concerned, good riddance to the utter kunt.  People saying the sacking is harsh but I don't really think it is.  You can say they came 4th etc and were unlucky to miss out on CL but they had 3rd completely wrapped up in a nice little bow until they went 7 or 8 games without a win, letting Arsenal back in. 

He's not good enough to be a top-level manager and Levy knows this, kind of like Martin O'Neill in the regard that despite being a decent manager he just has too many flaws, certainly his ineptitude at rotating his team effectively is a stand-out.  Uses the same core group of players all the time and whenever he tried to change it round made a complete arse of it (putting Bale on the right wing, Modric on the left etc).  Also made a tit out of the last transfer window, I seriously don't have a clue what he was trying to accomplish in January.  He got rid of Pavlyuchenko and Pienaar also turfing Bassong out to Wolves on loan, and brought in Louis Saha - who hadn't scored a goal in 942 minutes of league football prior to leaving Everton, and Ryan Nelsen - released from Blackburn.  Spectacularly poor business by anyone's reckoning, and this is at a time where they should have got capable bodies to kick on, secure third and even mount a outsider's title challenge.

The bad run wasn't because of the England thing either (it started before the speculation) but his refusal to rubbish it certainly wouldn't have helped.  The most hilarious thing was after he was turned down for the England job he was so sure he'd be swanning off to - not to mention constantly trying to unsettle other teams' players by divulging contract details and commenting on them unnecessarily in press conferences and interviews - he actually had the nerve to start demanding reassurances about his own future from Daniel Levy.  When taking into account all the other dodgy stuff he has or hasn't been involved in that have been smeared all over the press, it all adds up to the man being a complete liability and an embarrassment to Spurs. 

I can see them trying for Garcia, Villas-Boas, Bielsa, Martinez.  Someone like that.  Don't think they'll go for Moyes but I've been proved wrong on almost everything concerning us last season so I guess we'll see.

I can't believe Lineker had to state 'let's talk about the match first'. Like there's a chance that cuntchops' sacking should take precedence ffs.

Anyone else caught Samuel's article on it in the Mail today? Fucking sickening. :lol: You'd think it was Guardiola getting the boot from Barca.

I can't believe Lineker had to state 'let's talk about the match first'. Like there's a chance that cuntchops' sacking should take precedence ffs.

Anyone else caught Samuel's article on it in the Mail today? Fucking sickening. :lol: You'd think it was Guardiola getting the boot from Barca.

skimmed it, more or less sums up the opinion of the idiotic media

watch the sun try and dig up dirt on whomevers next Spurs boss and Levy

Guest Howaythetoon

Redknapp wanted his cake and to eat it, i.e. to manage England for the Euros then return to Spurs ready for what he probably thought was another crack at the CL. This only served to piss-off both the FA and Spurs. The FA wanted him, but full-time, they wanted full committment. Spurs wanted him to commit to them too. In the end he managed both issues spectacularly wrong and has rightfully found himself out of two jobs basically.

I like Redknapp's passion for the game in regards to how it should be played and he's obviously a good man manager and motivator but overall he's a bit of snide and is clearly in it for his own personal glory ahead of others' interest, namely Spurs and indeed England when the two required his committment most. He pretty much thought he could manage both, on his own terms.

:lol: Now he's out of a job.

He'll land a cushy number though, they always do, from Big Sam to Steve Bruce. One big managerial merry-go-round where managers constantly get back into a cushy job regardless of success or failure. All at the expense of millions.

People say players are mercenaries and they are in the main, but managers are worse, especially your charlatans like Bruce et al.

Can't stand Redknapp so no sympathy. Could be the excuse a few of their players needed to leave, and hopefully the start of a decline because, arrogant as it might sound, if we're on the way up then they're a potential rival. They're probably gonna bring in a good replacement manager and hand him some decent wedge to spend so I don't think they'll slip that much. I do see a period of transition though with their slightly ageing squad.

I just hope nobody's stupid enough to offer them decent money for their ageing, wantaway squad and they're left with the choice of keep unhappy old players or sell for a pittance.

Last thing I'd want to see is them getting £15m for Defoe or whatever.