West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

We all know that we shouldn't underestimate Ashley's ability to destroy a good situation. I'm just enjoying him playing for us, and hoping Ashley is gone by the time Carroll's stock is sky high/he isn't mental enough to sell our most important player.

There would be no point in Ashley selling Carroll half way through the season. His value isn't going to decline between now and the summer, and we need him to ensure our Premiership place. We're not desperate to raise money.

From what I can see, Ashley's main concern is the wage bill and getting to a point where income and expenditure are matching up. A short term infusion of cash through a transfer doesn't really address that problem.

The main problem is that few if any have faith that if we sold him for a daft fee the money would be used by the board to strengthen the rest of the team and/or on a replacement and that the manager has the necessary ability not to buy shite.

I think £25-30M would be too much to refuse personally, assuming it would be used to strengthen the squad as that much could get 3 good quality players for positions we need (although two of those positions would subsequently be up front). However, thankfully off the field he's a nutcase which I think would deter new clubs from parting with such  large mount of money.

I don't think any money would make me happy, it would have to be the elusive "swap deals" and even then the other club wouldn't think it was worth what I wanted.

I agree on the money, but I don't want Keane or Crouch in exchange. We know their limitations, and they're realtively old. Carroll has the world at his feet and he is local. There is very little that could replace that.

I don't think any money would make me happy, it would have to be the elusive "swap deals" and even then the other club wouldn't think it was worth what I wanted.

I agree on the money, but I don't want Keane or Crouch in exchange. We know their limitations, and they're realtively old. Carroll has the world at his feet and he is local. There is very little that could replace that.

I was thinking more Defore, VDV, Hutton and Bentley :lol:, ie never going to happen and I am fine with that.

Without giving any credence to this 'story', Keane and Crouch would have to take a massive wage cut if they came to Newcastle. That's not going to happen for a start. I also believe that like most of us born and bred in the Newcastle area, Carroll would rather play for Newcastle than go to the likes of Tottenham or Chelsea.

Guest sicko2ndbest

30 mil + or f off

Most highly rated striker in the prem this year. 21 and English. They will have to pay through the nose!

The only question he has to ask himself is "how much is premiership survival worth to me?" to figure out how much he needs to ask for Carroll.  It's a damn sight more than the figures being bandied about so far. 

Is there no way we can get a few exact lookalikes on our books (bring them in from abroad and stick a wig on them if we have to), change there names by deed poll to "Andrew Carroll" and send a fax out to Man U, Spuds and Chelsea offering them Andy for 15 million?

We'd then just send our fraud Andy Carroll's down to sign the 3 contracts and just explain the foriegn accent on the fact "he watches a lot of tele".

The only question he has to ask himself is "how much is premiership survival worth to me?" to figure out how much he needs to ask for Carroll.  It's a damn sight more than the figures being bandied about so far. 

And the way Spurs do deals, it is not as if they would be getting the fee in one go - it would be strung out over a period of time.  Premier League survival is worth more money than a short term gain on the accounts.

Don't they say that being in the Premier League is worth £40-£50m?  Well that is what Ashley would be jeopardising if he sold Carroll next month.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262223.0

Some of the early posts in this thread could have Messi-esque ramifications come the end of the season.

He's Newcastle's number 9, their answer to our Fernando... i'll be the first to predict that he will score more goals than Torres this season - no shame in that. Also think he willbe England's main striker at the next WC.

He'll score more than Torres? Don't be ridiculous.

If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

haha If he scores 3/4 of the goals Torres scores I'll w*** off a tiger

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=262223.0

Some of the early posts in this thread could have Messi-esque ramifications come the end of the season.

He's Newcastle's number 9, their answer to our Fernando... i'll be the first to predict that he will score more goals than Torres this season - no shame in that. Also think he willbe England's main striker at the next WC.

He'll score more than Torres? Don't be ridiculous.

If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

haha If he scores 3/4 of the goals Torres scores I'll w*** off a tiger

Sheeesh mate.... the season still has a long way to go you know.

Watching Sunday Supplement this morning and they were saying that it would be a crying shame if Carroll left us, which is weird from them southern twats.

i did find amusing their thing about "oh its what spurs do buy young english players, how brilliant are they blah blah blah" really i don't think it takes a genius to figure out ac9 is the best young english striker around at the moment and i don't recall the last time spurs spent 20m plus another player on someone

also they overlooked the basic facts a crouch is shit b keane and crouch are on big big wages which we wouldn't pay