West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andy Carroll: £35m

Torres: £50m

Arsenal's first XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Vermaelen, Clichy, Fabregas, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Nasri, van Persie: £44.25m

invest that Liverpool money wisely and something good can come from it.

One problem is that we haven't a Wenger.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Arsenal's first XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Djourou, Vermaelen, Clichy, Fabregas, Song, Wilshere, Walcott, Nasri, van Persie: £44.25m

That's amazing.

Yep, all we need is Wenger.

And a sensible boardroom.

1931: Alan Shearer on Andy Carroll on BBC Five Live: "Off the field he has been in trouble once or twice before - that would be the major area of concern for me. I spoke to Kenny months ago before he even came to Liverpool about the potential of Carroll. Kenny got myself and Chris Sutton and myself and Mike Newell together at Blackburn and he probably sees Carroll and Suarez as a similar partnership - both can score goals. Andy Carroll is unplayable on his day. We might see Charlie Adam there and with Steven Gerrard and his tremendous right foot - if you get balls into box for those guys it will be a hell of a partnership."

How irritating that he's making comments about Liverpool and not us. (Or maybe being forced by who ever is interviewing him.)

Love ya Al, but I couldn't give a s*** about Liverpool.  :no:

If he is getting interviewed about the Liverpool situation the is no need to bring us into it tbh .

Op Nut, if he really wanted to leave he would not be making any ridiculous assumptions about what Ashley may or may not accept. His agent would be a complete idiot if he allowed that to happen.

Well not really, because he'd have known that it'd get to this point in the window, if we hadn't accepted an offer, he could till hand in his request and move.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/31/article-1352214-0CFE70FF000005DC-685_634x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/31/article-1352214-0CFE7240000005DC-973_634x345.jpg

A cunt taking a ride through a crowd of cunts. The cunts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/31/article-1352214-0CFE70FF000005DC-685_634x423.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/01/31/article-1352214-0CFE7240000005DC-973_634x345.jpg

:( :( :(

I don't think Andy was considering leaving until his agent tells him this morning that NUFC look to be serious about weighing offers for him from Liverpool and Tottenham and that he may have to put in a transfer request in order to get the 2x-3x salary increase that he'd probably get. 

I firmly believe he was happy at our club and willing to stay, but when the club looked so eager to shop him around, I think he realized he had to do what was best for himself in an uncertain situation, and in order to guarantee his payday, was willing to submit the transfer request to make sure he got it.

Its incredible that this scenario, which is you're opinion not fact, leaves Carroll completely blameless.

Correct, it is my opinion.  It's speculation on a situation that simply cannot be credibly taken at face value. 

For Andy, I believe that money talks and in the end, once he sees that he has a chance to win trophies at 3x the pay, he's going to do it.  When he sees the club willing to sell him, it reiterates that the club aren't serious about winning or spending.  Makes the decision to put in the transfer request much easier.

For me, the blame is primarily on Ashley, less on Carroll.  He has no intention on getting us to European football, which should be his goal.  The business model he believes in of being a shoestring club that develops young/low-wage players and selling them off may be good for his bottom-line, but for any fans who are serious about competing for Europe and building a club that aims for winning shiny silver things that go in nice glass cabinets, you should be aware very much by now that Michael Ashley does not share your ambition.

How the f*** is Carroll blameless.  He got a new f***ing contract in November.  Shearer could have joined Man Utd at various times when he was at NUFC to be the richest footballer on the planet and didn't.

Thats the difference Shearer was loyal and Carroll isnt even after his lies to the Chronicle today he still went and i dont understand the transfer request why and what does he gain from it ,the transfer request will anger us for along time if it isnt explained .

Didn't Shearer almost join Liverpool?  Before Shepherd u-turned on the deal?

Got to love the delusion of people thinking this money will be reinvested in the squad to a decent degree. I'll be stunned if we make any signing over £8m for the foreseeable future. A fee of £10m+ means big wages and then the rest of the squad want increases etc etc.

Not going to happen.

Yeah going on past trends is delusional.  Where as pulling opinions out of your arse is sound logic.

I am going on past trends. :lol:

No you aren't.

The whole ethos of the club is value for money. We don't sign big name players any more. If we spend this £35m it won't be on any top players like Andy Carroll. Therefore none of them will be in double figures. Fairly straight forward if you ask me.

But how does that gel with:

"Got to love the delusion of people thinking this money will be reinvested in the squad to a decent degree".

If we spend £30m on 4 or 5 players that improve their respective positions in the team then we'll have reinvested the money to a decent degree yes?  I don't see anyone here believing we're going to go and spend £35m on one player..