West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Loyalty in football,we know is a myth,but it's sacrilege for a home-town boy wearing his boyhood teams famous number nine shirt to turn his back on it 6 months later.

Don't normally agree with you but this is spot on.

Thanks for that.

I'm just going off what Bobby said tbf.

The circumstances were different then anyway, we'd already had 8 years out of him, and he was declining rapidly.

Yep. According to Bobby, they didn't tell Shearer till after it had been turned down.

Shearer knew because he was approached by a well known geordie member of staff within LFC many months before.

The terms were agreed with Shearer and, if the bid was approved, he'd have been signed and sealed within hours.

I want to see what is said from all parties, before i draw my conclusions whether he is a cunt or not.

Something doesn't seem right, why would he be desperate enough to leave now? and not wait until the summer.

Why does there seem to be a pattern emerging with Milner, Given and Carroll handing in transfer requests recently..it's just weird.

No doubt you'll be changing your avatar to a picture of Carroll now.

Guest MrSundlofer

A new club, new players, new coaches, new fans, and a new tactical formation for him to fit in to. He was perfect for our system and club. Liverpool have failed with many players. El-Hadji Diouf, Robbie Keane...

the sad part on all of this is we reacted here as bad as the mackem's.... Get the fucking grip folks.... 35 million is a good price for anyone to turn down......

It could be 350 million, the amount means nothing if it's not invested in the team.

:clap:

We recieved £25 million for Milner, Given and Zoggy alone and have seen nowhere near that put back into the team as a whole in the past six transfer windows.  There's only one place this cash is going and that's on 'operating costs'.

You have to factor in Carroll's transfer request. If a player wants to leave, you may not get the best out of him and you have a declining asset on your hands.

We'd all be feeling a bit different if this was the summer and we had plenty of time to look at strengthening the team. As it is, it's a bit of a gamble, because we're relying on our existing squad to keep us up. It's not a huge gamble, but a gamble.

Sometimes you have to take a chance. There are no guarantees whichever way you look.

Whats this bs i hear everywhere saying Carroll wanted to stay but club told him they wanted money so he had to go? Is this true?

I want to see what is said from all parties, before i draw my conclusions whether he is a c*** or not.

Something doesn't seem right, why would he be desperate enough to leave now? and not wait until the summer.

Why does there seem to be a pattern emerging with Milner, Given and Carroll handing in transfer requests recently..it's just weird.

:lol:

Hah, well i distinctly remember Given saying in the Man City unveiling that he wished the club would have handled it all better... before January begun he was in talks regarding a new contract.

Anybody saw this ?

This is by no means confirmed but Andy Carroll supposedly text Newcastle fan and fanzine editor Steve Wraith to say, "I'm gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn't want to leave that's why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door."

the sad part on all of this is we reacted here as bad as the mackem's.... Get the fucking grip folks.... 35 million is a good price for anyone to turn down......

It could be 350 million, the amount means nothing if it's not invested in the team.

Even if it was invested, it means little. It's not about the money, it's about who Carroll was, what he could have been and what he symbolised for the club.

I'm not local, so I can't comment on that.

You understand the concept of a lad from a certain area supporting the club all his life and growing up to wear the most famous and revered shirt though?

I want to see what is said from all parties, before i draw my conclusions whether he is a c*** or not.

:lol:

Hah, well i distinctly remember Given saying in the Man City unveiling that he wished the club would have handled it all better... before January begun he was in talks regarding a new contract.

i remember his solicitor saying given wanted away, him not denying it but it wasn't classed as a transfer request.

Even if it was invested, it means little. It's not about the money, it's about who Carroll was, what he could have been and what he symbolised for the club.

I'm not local, so I can't comment on that.

You understand the concept of a lad from a certain area supporting the club all his life and growing up to wear the most famous and revered shirt though?

Oh, no doubt. But it wasn't the first thing on my mind. I was only thinking of him as a player. None of that other stuff ever really made a difference to me, tbh.

football can fuck off, right now.

Can't believe what's happened today. Stunned. Gutted. Royally fucked off. They had a whole fucking month to bring in a forward and all we got was yet another CM.

Going to bed for a read and a wank now.