West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

`Reading the italian papers today. They call it the "strangest" transfer of the window. 35mil on a player who has scored so few goals, is currently injured, made only 1 token appearance for the national side, and is more well known for his actions off the pitch.`

whats do italians know about football anyway? :p  SOunds like another clueless jounalist spouting obvious statements.....its easy to look in from the outside and not comprehend whats transpired in the last 48hrs.

YOu cant analyse a footballer by stats alone.

Well you can if ur the 2 muppets who run nufc, but dalglish knows what to look for in afootballer.

I hope carroll goes on to put a hatrick past some equally clueless italian side in the chmp lge.

It hardly makes Dalglish a footballing genius that he spotted Andy Carroll. Any human who's watched MOTD this season would want to sign him.

Guest firetotheworks

I find the Redknapp quotes interesting. Im on my phone so I cant get the exact quote, but he said something along the lines of 'clubs get their players to hand in transfer requests and then act like they didnt want to sell the player'. How do they do that then?

I find the Redknapp quotes interesting. Im on my phone so I cant get the exact quote, but he said something along the lines of 'clubs get their players to hand in transfer requests and then act like they didnt want to sell the player'. How do they do that then?

more than likely by saying "were not selling you unless you request a transfer" and call the players bluff i'd imagine, which is what I believe happened here.

Says the man with more "shady dealing" previous than anyone else in football.

Who cares? Redknapp talks bullshit every other day of the year, why should we be inclined to listen now?

Who cares? Redknapp talks bullshit every other day of the year, why should we be inclined to listen now?

He obviously wanted Carroll and knew he was available but he didn't want to entertain a bid as large as Liverpools.

They've (spurs) obviously made an enquiry and been told it's a 'do-able' one.

On that basis, he knew it had little to do with the player and more to do with the selling club.

Carroll is s***.

Agreed.

:lol:

I'm not going to do an NE5 and claim that we were always right.

its just amazing how quickly this whole thing has changed.

i remember saying to my dad and uncle in the summer, 'he wont get 5 goals in the prem all season him, he wont keep us up'.

6 months later, he's the most expensive british player in history.

madness!

He obviously wanted Carroll and knew he was available but he didn't want to entertain a bid as large as Liverpools.

On that basis, he knew it had little to do with the player and more to do with the selling club.

The fact that he wanted Carroll and didn't get him, or any other decent striker, means he's bitter and will say anything.

The press might as well be asking Mackems what they think happened.

The fact that he wanted Carroll and didn't get him, or any other decent striker, means he's bitter and will say anything.

The press might as well be asking Mackems what they think happened.

What have the Mackems go to do with this? Did they contact NUFC and register an interest?

Guest Ridzuan

Can someone tell me what I should do with my newcastle jersey with his name printed on the back?? I had it with printing player's name on the back, you never know when they will leave the club. What a waste of money that Ive invested in.

Can someone tell me what I should do with my newcastle jersey with his name printed on the back?? I had it with printing player's name on the back, you never know when they will leave the club. What a waste of money that Ive invested in.

Give it to the charity shops, they send them over to Africa.

Don't try and burn it, that'll never work.

I have a 'Barnes 10' shirt from ages ago, I know how you feel. As the Buddhists say, "all states are impermanent".

Or change your surname to Carroll

then if anyone asks just tell them to fuck of and its your surname

Guest Ridzuan

Anything but the charity. For the amount of money Ive paid to get the jersey, giving it to the charity is doing myself a great injustice.

Don't try and burn it, that'll never work.

And nah, dont think Im going to burn it. The club crest is still on the jersey afterall. Ive got to show some respect. Is tehre anyway u think i can get rid of his name??

Reading the italian papers today. They call it the "strangest" transfer of the window. 35mil on a player who has scored so few goals, is currently injured, made only 1 token appearance for the national side, and is more well known for his actions off the pitch.

Interesting outsider perspective.

It's the same up here, they think it's total madness.  I can't say I disagree in the slightest.