West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we had him back we'd need a player who could put the ball on his head as well. Not saying I wouldn't have him back but I don't see it happening, and think we should be looking for strikers who like ball at their feet way things are going

Liverpool lost 10% of him the moment he left the club he grew up supporting, it may even be more going off how its panned out. Just like a Scouser leaving them and to play for another club,  the reason Gerrard turned down a move to Chelsea at the last minute. He knew.

Said months before his transfer he'd not get the same feeling scoring for another club (when linked with Spurs) than he did scoring for us, it can never be the same and he'll never get the same adulation, respect, love and support anywhere than he did here. Geordie No9 coming through the ranks scoring goals for the club he roared on from the stands, something money can't buy. It's in the blood, its in the family, it was plastered all over his walls, his bedding, his school books (we've all been that lad) and anything else with the toon on. It was easier for Shearer doing it the other way round, but he knew it and why he chose us over Manu and had 'no regrets' (personally reckon he did, but comforted greatly by fulfilling a boyhood dream) while Carroll is finding it out the hard way.

For months i've been angry and bitter about him leaving, now i just feel sorry for him. In a heartbeat i'd have him back, he'd just have to say sorry. Would make him work a season for the No9 shirt mind....not that i think we have much chance of this happening as he'll at least come more effective on the pitch and playable again before xmas, though i do believe if Ashley could buy him back cut price on both fee and wages he'd love to do so and take great pleasure while he's at it. I hope he gets his shearer chance and come home and for that I've unfortunately got to keep hoping he fails right now at Liverpool.

I'm still somewhat bitter about him leaving, I'm still finding myself wanting him to fail miserably at Liverpool. But now that this is looking the case, I do feel sorry for him to an extent. What's happening to him now though is also his own fault as well as the board's at ours and Dalglish for not utilising him properly.

If he does come back, what I highlighted in bold from your post is what it would take for me to somewhat forgive Carroll for leaving.

If he leaves Liverpool - can people see him going anywhere else than Newcastle? Would anyone else pay, say £15m for him?

Redknapp would probably be in for him.

He'll be in Redknapp's team this time next year no doubt about that, just not for Tottenham.

Can't see Spurs sanctioning a big money transfer in the jan window either, Carroll or otherwise, 99% certain this is his last year there.

If he leaves Liverpool - can people see him going anywhere else than Newcastle? Would anyone else pay, say £15m for him?

Redknapp would probably be in for him.

He wouldn't fit Tottenhams style of play at all.

That's not what I said.

Liverpool lost 10% of him the moment he left the club he grew up supporting, it may even be more going off how its panned out. Just like a Scouser leaving them and to play for another club,  the reason Gerrard turned down a move to Chelsea at the last minute. He knew.

Said months before his transfer he'd not get the same feeling scoring for another club (when linked with Spurs) than he did scoring for us, it can never be the same and he'll never get the same adulation, respect, love and support anywhere than he did here. Geordie No9 coming through the ranks scoring goals for the club he roared on from the stands, something money can't buy. It's in the blood, its in the family, it was plastered all over his walls, his bedding, his school books (we've all been that lad) and anything else with the toon on. It was easier for Shearer doing it the other way round, but he knew it and why he chose us over Manu and had 'no regrets' (personally reckon he did, but comforted greatly by fulfilling a boyhood dream) while Carroll is finding it out the hard way.

For months i've been angry and bitter about him leaving, now i just feel sorry for him. In a heartbeat i'd have him back, he'd just have to say sorry. Would make him work a season for the No9 shirt mind....not that i think we have much chance of this happening as he'll at least come more effective on the pitch and playable again before xmas, though i do believe if Ashley could buy him back cut price on both fee and wages he'd love to do so and take great pleasure while he's at it. I hope he gets his shearer chance and come home and for that I've unfortunately got to keep hoping he fails right now at Liverpool.

This move was too early for him and he wasn't ready to deal with all the psychological factors as you say.

Totally too early. Everyone on here was saying he needs a few years here and he could become something really special, the move could have ruined all that, the move could have easily made it all happen as well, you just never know with football but really its going to take time and something that i don't really see right now to make it happen.

He wasn't ready for the psychological factors of being a well known premiership footballer never mind the most expensive British player there has ever been, that's immense pressure on and off the pitch. Liverpool believed they could nurture it and keep it on track, but were all human, what works for one doesn't for another and it looks like the protection of home, home comforts, family and familiarity were just too much to lose with everything else going on. He's still in shock I reckon, can't believe it all happened, it did happen at lightening speed, which can't have helped either.

I'm still somewhat bitter about him leaving, I'm still finding myself wanting him to fail miserably at Liverpool. But now that this is looking the case, I do feel sorry for him to an extent. What's happening to him now though is also his own fault as well as the board's at ours and Dalglish for not utilising him properly.

If he does come back, what I highlighted in bold from your post is what it would take for me to somewhat forgive Carroll for leaving.

It's a bad start, its going to take a lot more to ever get to that situation where we see him back here, it might even include KD's job for the mistake, so Liverpool might not be ready to sell him until the fans turn on KD, which is going to be a while.

Who really knows, but this club is mad enough to replace Andy Carroll with Andy Carroll a year later  :lol:

If West Ham get promoted, I can see Allardyce going for him - seems to think he discovered him anyway conveniently forgetting he had already made his debut for the first team before he arrived.  However, if he can't settle in Liverpool, I can't imagine London would be any better.

I would love him back.  When I hear all the criticism about him and his style of play, I don't recognise the player that we were watching here last season who was improving with every game he played. 

Id love to get him back

------------------Carroll-------------------

Marv--------------B.A------------Jonas

----------Tiote----------Cabaye----------

Pool bought Keane from Spurs for 22 mil and sold him for  12 back to Spurs after just 6 months or so.  Lets get a deal for Carroll in january.

He hasn't been at Liverpool long enough to be written off. I can't see Liverpool getting rid of him for at least 2 years. Only Man City loan out or give away expensive strikers (Bellamy, Adebayor, Cruz, etc) so we can forget about getting him back any time soon. If Carroll doesn't like living in Liverpool he could always 'do a Michael Owen'. Live in Newcastle and pay to fly by helicopter between Newcastle and Liverpool. He's supposed to be on around £80K a week now so he can afford it. That £80K a week is another reason why he won't be leaving Liverpool any time soon.

if this season ends up being a total write off for him at Liverpool, I could see us trying to tempt Liverpool to cut their losses for around £15m next summer. 

You can't help but feel that would be MA's way of thinking.  Sell for £35m, buy back 18 months later still with £20m profit and expect him to be exactly the same player as when he left.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd have him back in a flash tbf. Always gave 100% whenever he played, really don't think he had an option of staying when he was forced to put in a transfer request.

"Forced."

This isn't The Godfather you know.

''Liverpool have put together a little wage packed & signing on fee you caaan't refuse'''

if this season ends up being a total write off for him at Liverpool, I could see us trying to tempt Liverpool to cut their losses for around £15m next summer. 

You can't help but feel that would be MA's way of thinking.  Sell for £35m, buy back 18 months later still with £20m profit and expect him to be exactly the same player as when he left.

Would be highly ironic to finally spend the Andy Carroll money on Andy Carroll.