West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't help but think it would greatly appeal to Ashley's ego by signing him back for half the price.

Wishful thinking perhaps, but nobody will convince me the lad has any real love for playing for Liverpool.

Wonder what will happen if everything continues to go wrong for Carroll at Liverpool. Say they continue to play much better with him out of the team and there's no real effort (or need) to try and get him into the first team. Do they try and sell him? When do they try and sell him? Loan deal in January or the end of the season? What about a permanent move away? They're certainly not getting anywhere near £35m for him that's for sure. Then what, where does he go? What sort of fee would Liverpool think is realistic and who's going to want to meet it and his wage demands (they're big at Liverpool iirc)?

£35m is massive baggage isn't it. But it's ok because they sold Torres for £15m more etc. etc. etc. /blinkeredliverpoolfan

Carroll needs game time & unless he gets in and hits the ground running he isn't going to get it and he hasn't got the game for Lpools game (the same could apply to us if Ben Arfa gets to play in his favoured role).

Lpool may take £15 million for him come the summer. A bit rich for some but we'd still be 20 million up. Sounds great; here's hoping Lpool give up on him.

His auntie works in Costco near the Metro Centre. He doesn't like living away from Newcastle apparently.

My mate works the boxes at SJP and his family members were saying the exact same thing at the Fulham game, can't settle at all apparently.

Shame.  :aww:

Guest Howaythetoon

From what I've heard he hasn't settled in Liverpool whatsover, as a player and as a person. I can see him leaving Liverpool in the next 2 seasons. He needs a hat-trick against Everton or Man Utd to resurect his Reds career IMO. I also think the huge fee they paid for him is weighing heavily on his mind.

I don't think it's purely down to Liverpool not playing to his strengths. His approach and game hasn't been the same. This time last year, he was improving every game, he was a beast and seemed like he could master pretty much every aspect of the game given a little time. His pace was suddenly there, he retained the ball well, he came out wide, he won every header, used that left foot of his etc.

Now, he seems lost. He's not that beast, he's not an animal anymore. He's not bullying whoever he comes up against off the park. I remember him troubeling Vidic/Ferdinand on his own in our opener, causing all sorts of problems for a player of Richard Dunne's stature - who we all saw win every header against Best and Ba this weekend.

To me it seems he has lost that hunger and determination that was vital to his game. At least for now.

His auntie works in Costco near the Metro Centre. He doesn't like living away from Newcastle apparently.

My mate works the boxes at SJP and his family members were saying the exact same thing at the Fulham game, can't settle at all apparently.

Hmm maybe £40k a week being the number 9 at your boyhood club wasn't such a bad thing...

I lived there for 5 years.  Dump.  Hardly suprising anyone can settle there.

Liverpool lost 10% of him the moment he left the club he grew up supporting, it may even be more going off how its panned out. Just like a Scouser leaving them and to play for another club,  the reason Gerrard turned down a move to Chelsea at the last minute. He knew.

Said months before his transfer he'd not get the same feeling scoring for another club (when linked with Spurs) than he did scoring for us, it can never be the same and he'll never get the same adulation, respect, love and support anywhere than he did here. Geordie No9 coming through the ranks scoring goals for the club he roared on from the stands, something money can't buy. It's in the blood, its in the family, it was plastered all over his walls, his bedding, his school books (we've all been that lad) and anything else with the toon on. It was easier for Shearer doing it the other way round, but he knew it and why he chose us over Manu and had 'no regrets' (personally reckon he did, but comforted greatly by fulfilling a boyhood dream) while Carroll is finding it out the hard way.

For months i've been angry and bitter about him leaving, now i just feel sorry for him. In a heartbeat i'd have him back, he'd just have to say sorry. Would make him work a season for the No9 shirt mind....not that i think we have much chance of this happening as he'll at least come more effective on the pitch and playable again before xmas, though i do believe if Ashley could buy him back cut price on both fee and wages he'd love to do so and take great pleasure while he's at it. I hope he gets his shearer chance and come home and for that I've unfortunately got to keep hoping he fails right now at Liverpool.

Liverpool lost 10% of him the moment he left the club he grew up supporting, it may even be more going off how its panned out. Just like a Scouser leaving them and to play for another club,  the reason Gerrard turned down a move to Chelsea at the last minute. He knew.

Said months before his transfer he'd not get the same feeling scoring for another club (when linked with Spurs) than he did scoring for us, it can never be the same and he'll never get the same adulation, respect, love and support anywhere than he did here. Geordie No9 coming through the ranks scoring goals for the club he roared on from the stands, something money can't buy. It's in the blood, its in the family, it was plastered all over his walls, his bedding, his school books (we've all been that lad) and anything else with the toon on. It was easier for Shearer doing it the other way round, but he knew it and why he chose us over Manu and had 'no regrets' (personally reckon he did, but comforted greatly by fulfilling a boyhood dream) while Carroll is finding it out the hard way.

For months i've been angry and bitter about him leaving, now i just feel sorry for him. In a heartbeat i'd have him back, he'd just have to say sorry. Would make him work a season for the No9 shirt mind....not that i think we have much chance of this happening as he'll at least come more effective on the pitch and playable again before xmas, though i do believe if Ashley could buy him back cut price on both fee and wages he'd love to do so and take great pleasure while he's at it. I hope he gets his shearer chance and come home and for that I've unfortunately got to keep hoping he fails right now at Liverpool.

This move was too early for him and he wasn't ready to deal with all the psychological factors as you say.

I'd have him back in a flash tbf. Always gave 100% whenever he played, really don't think he had an option of staying when he was forced to put in a transfer request.

"Forced."

This isn't The Godfather you know.

Question is, would he endanger the way it 'seems' we're intending to play our football with barfa/cabaye/marveaux etc? With the big lad back would the temptation to hoof it up to him become too great taking cabaye etc out the game?    Or would having all that talent behind him allow the big tart to develop other aspects of his game even more? I like to think it would. Opinions?