West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only one who thinks making fun of RAWK for having a thread paying respect to their dead fans is harsh and a bit pointless? I agree it's a bit weird, but not really funny.

It's absolutely hilarious :lol: All Liverpool fans are aware of it, and rightly feel sad about it. No need to have a mong thread like that tho

Am I the only one who thinks making fun of RAWK for having a thread paying respect to their dead fans is harsh and a bit pointless? I agree it's a bit weird, but not really funny.

It's absolutely hilarious :lol: All Liverpool fans are aware of it, and rightly feel sad about it. No need to have a mong thread like that tho

Aye. The families of that dead chicken were eternally grateful for those flowers.

Reading through the Carroll-thread there, it's hilarious how they apologize if they think King Kenny has made a mistake. :lol:

'Gonna get stick for this, but dropping Carroll for 2 games after Everton may have been a little mistake by King Kenny.'

.--- ..- ... - .. -.-. .  ..-. --- .-.  - .... .  ----. -....

01001101 01101111 01110010 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01110101 01110010 01111001 00100001

.--- ..- ... - .. -.-. .  ..-. --- .-.  - .... .  ----. -....

01001101 01101111 01110010 01110011 01100101 00100000 01100011 01101111 01100100 01100101 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01110011 01101111 00100000 01101100 01100001 01110011 01110100 00100000 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100 01110101 01110010 01111001 00100001

SSBkaXNhZ3JlZQ==

Reading through the Carroll-thread there, it's hilarious how they apologize if they think King Kenny has made a mistake. :lol:

'Gonna get stick for this, but dropping Carroll for 2 games after Everton may have been a little mistake by King Kenny.'

No different with us and Keegan.

when a girl hits the floor and it's not Collymore

Andy Carroll

when you're glassed in the face by a mug with no pace

Andy Carroll

when your car's set on fire, called a knob and a liar

Andy Carroll

when you're either in jail, hitting birds or on bail

Andy Carroll

ill say it if nobody else wants to, but his goal yesterday...poor man's Asprilla v Liverpool?

Ooooooh. Never. Tino's was a piece of incredible and deliberate skill.

I thought Carroll's was more luck than judgement. He seems like just stuck a leg out as his first touch let it get too far ahead of him.

Guest VaVaVoom

He was in Aspers last night........Fighting again! Or at least someone was starting on him.

Was mortal.

Apparently he flew back after the game. Still lives up here.

Two very different things there tbh.

If he was fighting again then that's really bad if to be completed expected.

If someone was starting and he wasn't fighting then that is a surprise and fair play to him, he's obviously learnt a lesson.

Poor Andy taking a battering on RAWK, looks like they locked the thread in the end it was that bad. :lol:

"It's all very well saying "he's just not that sort of player" or "he can't make something out of nothing like Suarez", but fucking hell you don't spend £35m on a striker who can't do that or who needs endless service which may or may not happen. You pay £35m for someone who has an incredible game, who CAN do things on his own, who CAN make something happen. Spending £35m on someone who will then be heavily reliant on others around him is absolute suicide.

Now sit back and wait for people to say the amount we spent doesn't matter. Again."

. . . . .

C'mon man...give the guy some slack. It's not easy to whack the ball against the bar from all of six yards when you've a wide open goal gaping in front of you.

. . . . .

Situation reminds me of when we bought Collymore.

. . . . .

Stan's problem was that he was actually a terrific footballer - but just didn't believe it...no matter how many people told him so.

Andy's problem is that he isnt a terrific footballer.

. . . . .

Well,clearly he was great playing for Newcastle United.

So,either he was flash in the pan and we gambled&hurried to buy him instead of

waiting and seeing a few solid seasons from him.Or he never wanted to leave Newcastle,

he's not a true professional,he is discouraged and unmotivated since transfer.

And Kenny also doesn't have a system that fits him.I wouldn't mind him watching Newcastle's

tapes when Andy was there.

I don't buy 'he's young,he will turn out to be great,he needs to adapt" excuse,he's been here almost

a year now,and a forward scores goals,helps team win matches,he hasn't.

. . . . .

I'm going to stop making excuses now and just say what I think, which is probably what many are wanting to say but fear saying it, he's simply not very good, I'm not making no excuses now anymore.

Probably would be good for say Newcastle all his career but he doesn't look like a player to me, can't see what he is nor how he is supposed to turn into - or blossom into if you like, this great player we're all talking about, I'm sorry, maybe I'm being kneejerk as I'm upset about today and his miss, hopefully I'm missing the point but you just can't see it, nothing about him is special, hope he proves me wrong big time.

. . . . .

In what way was he decent?

Suarez was poor in a lot of people's eyes tonight yet he still created havoc in the final third, looked the most likely to score, tested the keeper a couple of times  and was fouled a couple of times on the edge of the area.

Yet, he was still poor.

Carroll missed a sitter, wins a few fick ons and voila...He was decent.

Says it all about the standards people expect from both players.

. . . . .

We don't have time, that's the problem. Man Utd have time, Man City have time, we don't. We're in real real danger of being forgotten about if we don't get back in to the champions league as soon as possible. It's been my fear for ages and it grows by the weeks and months. We cannot afford to keep missing out on the competition. Those clubs above us will get stronger and stronger, we'll fall behind. It's happening right in front of your faces and you don't see it.

We do not have the luxury of saying "What's that Andy? You missed from 6 yards again? Don't worry about it, we still got a point against Swansea." or "Not scoring much eh? Nevermind, we'll carry you through the games instead". He's our most expensive player ever, he isn't some little child who needs protecting. 22 years of age might seem really young, but nowadays in football terms that isn't a young age at all I'm afraid. It's time to start delivering. We can't just sit around waiting for it to click, we can't afford to.

And "red hot form"? Really? He scored 11 goals. Eleven. Ba has 8 for Newcastle already. Shall we sign him for £35m? He was decent for Newcastle, hardly red hot form. Kuyt outscored him, don't see anyone on here saying he was in red hot form last season. Far from it.

. . . . .

Torres isn't worth that now no. He was at the time.

A transaction is defined by the value to the buyer and the seller. In the Torres case, the value to us was £50m, and Chelsea decided it was a fair one. They were wrong, because hes been shite for them of course, but he was still worth that much to us.

Carroll for £35m was just genius deal making by whoever was involved in it at Newcastle.

. . . . .

What the hell? So you've just dismissed the fact that Kuyt has never been described as having a "red hot season" depsite the fact that he outscored Carroll last season, whom you described as having a "red hot season", and said that means fuck all? That makes absolutely no sense. My point was completely valid. It didn't compare them as players, it compared them based on your statement.

True story: My mate's a Newcastle fan, and on the deadline day window we went out to the pub to watch the final day and laugh. He picked me up and told me that Spurs had made a £15m bid for Andy Carroll. I laughed. He said he wasn't sure whether Newcastle should accept it or not, was in two minds. I agreed and said he was decent, but it might be a flash in the pan and that he didn't strike me as being that great. 20 minutes later I heard on the radio that we'd put a bid in for £20m. I was amazed, and just laughed it off as bollocks while at the same time shitting myself at the thought of us selling Torres to Chelsea and buying Andy Carroll to replace him for £20m.

A few hours later that all came true. Other than the fact that we didn't spend £20m, we spent £35m on him instead.

So no, to answer your question, I most definitely did not watch him for Newcastle and think he was in red hot form and worth the money.

. . . . .

COMOLLI OUT

. . . . .

but let's give him some time folks,

Carroll isn't british born and raised like Hernandez,David Silva,Aguero,Mata who can adapt to PL easily.

He has language problem,maybe missing his family in his homeland in Argentina.

I can still see if we are patient with him,in 2016 he will score 3 goals in first 10 matches

. . . . .

Does anyone actually feel sorry for Carroll , he had to up sticks and move from a team that are unbeaten and third in the league to a team who cant score against Swansea.

. . . . .

Just saw that Carroll chance against Swansea on MOTD again.

That must be the miss of the season. How can you sidefoot onto the bar from 2 yards???