West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Some of those Liverpool posts are hilarious. At the time I was gutted about selling him and now I don't know why - it was probably the principle of it all. But there is no way he'll ever be worth £35m, no matter how much he improves.

I just love that we've replaced Carroll, Nolan, Enrique and Barton with a £35m profit and heres the kicker.....we're much better now! Imagine what we'll be like after dipping into that money.

We should offer around 8 million in January and watch him try a bit again (Although I think Ba and Best have greater technique than him, he played well for us because we played to his strengths, and he liked playing for us.

He will never function that well in a team that tries to pass the ball on the floor or play quick counter attacking. Look at another big player in Dzeko whats he got 12 goals this season, his touch and movement is a million times better than Carroll.

Yeah, that's Liverpool. :lol:

As I was always 'don't sell him at any price' it's hard for me to comment without looking silly, but it's definitely starting to look a bit like it was a case of him being at the right place at the right time with us. Just doesn't look the same player for them at all, and certainly not for the money they paid. The fee still doesn't make a difference to us though considering we haven't spent it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's the new Duncan Ferguson tbh.

Duncan Ferguson was a really good player at his best.

Aye, and so is Carroll.

He's having a terrible run of it right now, but we shouldn't forget that at times last year he was absolutely unplayable. He'll get it together and start playing well again at some point I'd bet, but his "issues" will prevent him being a consistently quality player.

Plus Duncan Ferguson only played well for the clubs he loved.

We should offer around 8 million in January and watch him try a bit again (Although I think Ba and Best have greater technique than him, he played well for us because we played to his strengths, and he liked playing for us.

He will never function that well in a team that tries to pass the ball on the floor or play quick counter attacking. Look at another big player in Dzeko whats he got 12 goals this season, his touch and movement is a million times better than Carroll.

Yeah, that's Liverpool. :lol:

I sort of never meant it that way, just in general, taken out of context

Don't feel even a tiny bit sorry for him, however it does still hurt quite a bit that we sold someone who was a local lad, came through the ranks and should have been here forever making another legend in the number 9 shirt.

Greed one at the end of the day, from the board AND Carroll (you will never convince me he was forced out).

Carroll :iamatwat:

A part of me is somewhat happy seeing him fail but then again I do feel some sort of sympathy for him (not a lot mind).

Maybe if his manager wasn't Kenny Dalglish, he'd be doing better......

Just see the miss via MOTD.  What a miss. No wonder the thread in RAWK is locked. 

Biggest flop ever in football history for 30m+ signings?

No. And you'd have to be an idiot to even ask that question when there's a prominent player who cost £50m playing far worse than Andy Carroll.

As I was always 'don't sell him at any price' it's hard for me to comment without looking silly, but it's definitely starting to look a bit like it was a case of him being at the right place at the right time with us. Just doesn't look the same player for them at all, and certainly not for the money they paid. The fee still doesn't make a difference to us though considering we haven't spent it.

Fair play for putting your hand up :thup: you're right, he doesn't look like the same player at all. Maybe his new club have a culture of throwing money at players in order to show ambition?

Guest Howaythetoon

Out on the lash in the Toon last night according to a few people on Twitter. Nowt like deliberately missing a sitter and then celebrating with a few bevvies. Well done Andy son :thup:

He's a piss head, always drinking.

As for Downing, I'd even have Obertan ahead of him.

Even if we were offered him back, I'm not sure I'd want him back at this point. We could get better for the 10m+ in fees and 70k or so a week he would cost surely.

I'd also be concerned about the effect his relationship with Steven Taylor would have on the dressing room.