West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

wonder how many of the people moaning about the £15m are the same people who wouldnt sell him for £15m only a year and half ago.

basically £20m to loan a player for a year and a half :D

Loan yes, but for 15m he can stay there, 7m maybe.

Hopefully we can get the following

Debuchy 7m

Douglas 6m

Striker 7-8m

Right Back cover 1-2m

Holding Mid cover 2-3m

We'll probably only get 2-3 out of that list.

Genuine question; can you think of any strikers that fit our "profile" (and are proven in the premier league) that we can get for 7-8 million?

Everyone keeps saying we are a different style now as if we are barcelona, we still half the time lump it up to the forwards.  Especially when we under pressure, Carroll would be a good asset to have, at least  our humping the ball technique when confused might actually lead to a knockdown for cisse or ba or hba.

Everyone keeps saying we are a different style now as if we are barcelona, we still half the time lump it up to the forwards.  Especially when we under pressure, Carroll would be a good asset to have, at least  our humping the ball technique when confused might actually lead to a knockdown for cisse or ba or hba.

Yes, but not for 12m.

Christ. Surely that's the point, we already do it far too much. We were finally cutting it out from our game towards the end of last season.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Marc walton ‏@Marcwalton10

Andy Carroll has agreed to wear his old 24 squad number . Av just been to see him at the jesmond dene hotel with his cousin @Chutchinson7

The one that Tiote wears? :lol:

Tiote 8 :tiote:

I would like this

Guest BooBoo

We didn't play long ball stuff when we had Carroll and now we have a much better side. The idea that buying Carroll automatically equals long ball or direct football is excruciatingly lazy.

The main reason for our long ball stuff for a portion of last season was due to our inability to play it out of defence. That was due to the limitation of Simpson and Willamson (mainly) rather than because of any strikers we did or didn't have.

with two very attacking full backs in Santon and Debuchy (if he signs) there will be a lot of crosses going into the box. it dosn't have to be long ball all the time. the players need to be disciplined. the reason it didnt work at liverpool mainly down to the fact their wingers are shite

Guest palnese

As long as we get rid of Willo and Simpson from our starting XI we'll be fine in the hoof department, imo.

Decent footballers will look to keep it on the ground.

Pardew loves 4-4-2 man, I would be astonished if we play more than half of our games next season in any other formation.

I'm scared of this. It's why I think we're going after AC, hence why I'm so vehemently against it.

In that case the problem's Pardew though surely? Not Carroll.

Aye, I wasn't totally sold on Luuk De Jong either, but descriptions of him gave a feeling of class/deft touch, which wouldn't have been the end of the world.

exactly the same for me. we've bid for two tall strikers who play down the middle so it's a sign of how Pardew wants to line-up, or at the least what sort of players he wants in the mix competing for two spots in a 4-4-2. can't see us keeping 3 strikers who want to play down the middle happy with just the one central forward spot you have in a 4-3-3. de jong's fee and carroll's wages represent a huge investment too which suggests this type of signing is our main priority...but im not sure why.

:thup:

Christ. Surely that's the point, we already do it far too much. We were finally cutting it out from our game towards the end of last season.

You would think, not sure thats the case.

Oh, so Carroll actually wants to come back? Well that's nothing new really, it was clear very early on that he made a mistake in moving.

The way I see it though is that we definitely won't meet Liverpool's demands/valuation. £15-17 million? Nah, f*** off.

We played more long ball stuff last season that we did for the majority of Hughtons reign. We were playing some great fluid attacking stuff. People have already rightly mentioned that it is the defence that is the problem. Douglas in with Saylor and Colo and a Debuchy in will see the end of this once and for all imo.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Don't want him back as the price for him is too high atm. I'd wait until next summer because I reckon he won't feature too much in Brendan Rodgers plans and he'll probably have a lacklustre year and then Liverpool will be desperate to move him on. No club would want to even attempt to offer him a wage packet of £80,000 per week after watching him not come good for 2 and a half years. If we really want him back and he wants to come I reckon then we'll get him for much cheaper like a sub £10,000,000 price but his wages will be more in line with what he was getting here before maybe with a little bump something like £45,000 per and then I think it makes sense.

If we buy him back for a huge spunk of money and then give him a massive wage I'd be absolutely livid. In fact, it has all the makings of a Mike Ashley PR gaffe so it's bound to happen.