West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Maybe I'm getting old and losing my memory, but going back to the 5-1 Mackems game where he looked the business... We didn't play long ball then did we? I've always thought he's a better player when its not hoofed to him and would fit our style of play now.

I just wouldn't like to Marginalise anyone of Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse to fit him in

We didn't and he looked fine then, and he was only 20/21 and very raw, and i'm not exactly sure where this "he's only good for hoofball" stuff has come from.

He's tall innit?

Ahhh tall..........yes i see now.....:D

Maybe I'm getting old and losing my memory, but going back to the 5-1 Mackems game where he looked the business... We didn't play long ball then did we? I've always thought he's a better player when its not hoofed to him and would fit our style of play now.

I just wouldn't like to Marginalise anyone of Cabaye, Ben Arfa or Cisse to fit him in

We didn't and he looked fine then, and he was only 20/21 and very raw, and i'm not exactly sure where this "he's only good for hoofball" stuff has come from.

He's tall innit?

That's the uneducated assumption.

In reality Carroll, though peerless as an attacking header of the ball, has a very sweet left foot, can hold the ball well and has a fantastic work ethic for a striker.

He made a bad move for the wrong reasons and ended up losing confidence. Back where he's comfortable he could be a very good player again.

I just can't believe that the two clubs will agree on a fee when there's such a big difference between what they supposedly want and what we would realistically offer. We're taking the piss and everyone knows it. I think Rodgers will be forced into giving Carroll a chance.

BBC reported that Carroll wanted to come back here, now we're being told that he wants to leave only on a loan. So he wants to return on loan then piss off again? Is he having a laugh

More likely NUFC are pushing for the loan move, so he is as well.

BBC reported that Carroll wanted to come back here, now we're being told that he wants to leave only on a loan. So he wants to return on loan then p*ss off again? Is he having a laugh

Dont believe everything you read Toondave! They know fuck all.

If he does come back permanently then I hope it's on the exact same contract he had when he left. The one that was allegedly going to be offered that summer if he stayed, he should have to earn again and prove he's worth it.

Absolutely.

Guest palnese

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to love him as much as I did the first time around. If he comes back, that is.

He's tainted. A tainted whore.

He broke my love for footballers and I'm not sure if that's ever going to heal.

/Drama Queen.

If he does come back permanently then I hope it's on the exact same contract he had when he left. The one that was allegedly going to be offered that summer if he stayed, he should have to earn again and prove he's worth it.

Oh, Id take him back anyday for £10m and on those terms with no signing on fee. I mean, £25m for a year and a half loan is pretty good :lol:

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to love him as much as I did the first time around. If he comes back, that is.

He's tainted. A tainted whore.

He broke my love for footballers and I'm not sure if that's ever going to heal.

/Drama Queen.

how could you say that!!!!

poop

poopy- mouth

i hate you ron burgundy

i hate you!!!!!

We should leave well alone... Was enjoying the slightly lower profile we were keeping with the type of players we were bringing in... Can't see anyone in our current squad that will get the best from him now that Barton & Nolan have gone apart from Krul...

Still not digging it. Even 'worse' players would be better options if they were better fitted to this team. Walk away and sign some flash cunt from the continent maaaan.

The bonus that he is local is overuled by the fact he's also a twat who left once already. Ba hasn't even done it yet and he gets more stick in some parts.  :hmm:

:thup:

I think 'not digging it' is about where I'm at too.

And I certainly think that if we're gonna mess with our formation/tactics/whatever to accommodate a player, I'd much rather it be Ba than AC.

Not that I think we need to do that in the first place.

Wages issue aside, not sure I understand the dilemma for Ashley if he really is that keen to bring Carroll back, and Carroll is willing.

It's a loan with an option for a permanent move at the end of the loan period, right?

Well, who cares what figure that permanent move is priced at - you don't have to exercise it. Set it at £17m. If he's a rousing success, then he essentially has a release clause only we can exploit. If he flops, we don't buy.

Guest BooBoo

As if that's likely.

Wages issue aside, not sure I understand the dilemma for Ashley if he really is that keen to bring Carroll back, and Carroll is willing.

It's a loan with an option for a permanent move at the end of the loan period, right?

Well, who cares what figure that permanent move is priced at - you don't have to exercise it. Set it at £17m. If he's a rousing success, then he essentially has a release clause only we can exploit. If he flops, we don't buy.

Because £17m is far too much for us. We'd have to qualify for the Champions League at least to be able to afford that. What happens if he scores a load but we finish 6th? We have to give him back. What if he's only a moderate success but hints at much more? The same applies.

It has to be a fee we're willing and able to pay.

Think the current side has outgrown Carroll. In spells we've been a clever side and a pragmatic one. He looks like he'll be a decent PL striker in 2/3 years with a dozen or more England caps and I've no doubts he's going to improve as a player. Feel the timing of this deal is wrong.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Big Sam says Carroll has no interest in joining WHU

Even more reason to rekindle our romance

Because £17m is far too much for us. We'd have to qualify for the Champions League at least to be able to afford that. What happens if he scores a load but we finish 6th? We have to give him back. What if he's only a moderate success but hints at much more? The same applies.

It has to be a fee we're willing and able to pay.

Won't we get at least an additional 30 million in TV revenue from next season onwards, like every other Premiership club? Not that I'm advocating a 17 million fee BTW, think that would be excessive, but 12-15 would be reasonable with a season loan to prove himself preceding any possible offer at our discretion.