West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think that Carroll is likely to take a huge pay cut from what Liverpool pay him, to play for anyone else and why should he. Probably back out on loan, maybe to us until his contract there runs out.

I don't think that Carroll is likely to take a huge pay cut from what Liverpool pay him, to play for anyone else and why should he. Probably back out on loan, maybe to us until his contract there runs out.

thing is with the new tv deal we might be willing to pay more than we would have last season

thing is with the new tv deal we might be willing to pay more than we would have last season

No not judging by his form since he left.  On loan makes perfect sense.

No not judging by his form since he left.  On loan makes perfect sense.

Unless you're Liverpool. I think they'll want to cash in this summer.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If Pardew insists on using the current hoof ball tactics we might aswell try and sign him back, wouldn't hurt to have an actual threat from corners, crosses and set pieces too.

:thup:

Got to say, imo the one thing we do actually miss about Carroll is his ability to attack set pieces. Dare I say that our set piece success rate could have been higher with Carroll in the team?! (This isn't me wanting him back btw, don't want to see him back in the shirt in the near future).

We didn't play hoofball when Carroll was on the up here, we just got the ball out wide and then quality early delivery into the box from there.

Whether we've got the players to provide that type of delivery now is open to question...

The issue will be further complicated by Newcastle’s lingering hopes of taking Carroll back to the North-East - providing they stay up.

They baulked at Liverpool’s asking price a year ago, refusing to pay more than £12 million for a player they sold for £35 million in January, 2011.

Liverpool, however, will reopen negotiations with Newcastle manager Alan Pardew if West Ham do not take up the option of buying Carroll because they are interested in discussing a potential player swap-deal.

Rodgers is an admirer of French midfielder Hatem Ben Arfa, whose form and fitness he has been monitoring throughout the season because he believes he could fit seamlessly into the Liverpool line-up.

That would go down well. :yao:

It would be great if Carroll caused some huge fuss about it and demanded a transfer.. like players often do to get moves to the "big" clubs.. That would drive the price down, the same way Liverpool do it to other clubs. (still mad about Enrique)  Liverpool have made this into just about the worst situation possible. They are ruining any chance of the guy having a good career weather he is worth the money or not.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9970119/Liverpool-still-plan-to-sell-striker-Andy-Carroll-for-17m.html

Andy Carroll’s loan spell at West Ham has done nothing to persuade Liverpool he will revive his career at Anfield next season, but the Merseyside club will not lower their £17 million asking price this summer.

:bigi:

Moving on...

so liverpool still completely delusional nice to see

seriously how the hell can they possibly justify that price the manager wanted him out before he even saw him train once and given how stuck up his own ass and completely in love with himself Brendan Rogers is I doubt that position has changed and his West Ham form while far from terrible is hardly  anywhere near enough to prove he's worth 17m hence why West Ham will probably send him back and probably try to get him on loan again with Liverpool paying more wages this time. Thus they have a player unwanted by the manager on big wages and their ridiculous demands mean they can't sell. Bravo Liverpool another fine piece of business

He'll go to West Ham for about £12m.

Aye Liverpool will buckle eventually I think - they seemed to want rid of him that badly. I thought that's what was going to happen in the summer.

Guest neesy111

He'll go to West Ham for about £12m.

Aye Liverpool will buckle eventually I think - they seemed to want rid of him that badly. I thought that's what was going to happen in the summer.

Apparently they've got to sell to buy in the summer as they spent quite a bit of next seasons TV money this season.  So expect a few outgoings.

Got to say, imo the one thing we do actually miss about Carroll is his ability to attack set pieces. Dare I say that our set piece success rate could have been higher with Carroll in the team?! (This isn't me wanting him back btw, don't want to see him back in the shirt in the near future).

By an absolute mile. Both attacking and defending them.