West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Got to say, imo the one thing we do actually miss about Carroll is his ability to attack set pieces. Dare I say that our set piece success rate could have been higher with Carroll in the team?! (This isn't me wanting him back btw, don't want to see him back in the shirt in the near future).

By an absolute mile. Both attacking and defending them.

Says more about our overall creativity and regimen rather than the significance of Caroll. I agree on not wanting him back :thup:

We only have one good player in the air.

Cisse is pretty poor at defending the near post.

:lol: Agree that Cisse has a poor season so far but why bring him into this particular argument.

Crying out for him or a player like him in the first half especially. There's just no one to aim for who can make possession out of scrap using presence or force. I'd wager that we scored more headers from set pieces in his 5 months in the PL than we have in the 2 years and 3 months since.

Guest bimpy474

Hoof it high, hoof it long! That's the way to go. Bravo Ronaldo.

Ron's got a point, if we are stuck with the wankstain then at least get players that suit his hoofball.

I say that with absolutely no interest in it happening, i detest long ball/hoofball.

Guest bimpy474

Shall we bring back Nolan too?

He'd be more suited to this team/manager than most would dare to admit tbh.

I'd rather just get rid of the manager tbh.

Yes yes yes, yes.

As would Carroll too but it doesn't mean that I'd want it. Plus that's more a condemnation of the fuckwit that we have in charge than the quality of players we have got.

I agree. Wasn't claiming he's brilliant or anything just that he'd be more effective than some of the players we currently have under this fraudster.

He'd be more suited to this manager, that's true, because he's still stuck in 1980. But I'd rather keep the players thanks.

Plenty teams seem to do alright without a big lunk up front, Ronaldo sees it as a necessity. Anything to keep Laughing Boy in a job.

The vast majority of sides have someone to aim for. We don't. You're the only one bringing Pardew into it.

Plenty teams seem to do alright without a big lunk up front, Ronaldo sees it as a necessity. Anything to keep Laughing Boy in a job.

The vast majority of sides have someone to aim for. We don't. You're the only one bringing Pardew into it.

Which top sides want Carroll? The teams worth mentioning have players like Van Persie or Tevez.

We should have kept Nolan tbh. I would take him back now. We need someone like him. He was a good leader for our team, and a scored a fair few goals as well.

I'm not buying that we need somebody like Nolan at all. He had his uses at the time and yes he scored goals but it masked the overall deficiencies in his game. If Pardew was more than a glorified PR man people wouldn't even consider having the likes of Nolan back in the squad. Yet because Pardew is too limited to get anything out of the superior players that he has got people are saying this. It's exactly the same with Carroll too.

We should have kept Nolan tbh. I would take him back now. We need someone like him. He was a good leader for our team, and a scored a fair few goals as well.

Agree. This team is technically very good but there are little to no leaders in the squad. I really can't think of many.

I'm not buying that we need somebody like Nolan at all. He had his uses at the time and yes he scored goals but it masked the overall deficiencies in his game. If Pardew was more than a glorified PR man people wouldn't even consider having the likes of Nolan back in the squad. Yet because Pardew is too limited to get anything out of the superior players that he has got people are saying this. It's exactly the same with Carroll too.

I get your point to some extent. However, I do feel that we should've kept him. He might had something to add to the teams' togetherness and team spirit. And in that sense, he'd be worth having.

Also.. may I just kindly remind you we only have Cissè. We cry out for at least on more proven striker.