West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need a CB. I'll be pretty annoyed if we don't bring one in.

I reckon we're hoping on Taylor staying fit and just having Good, Williamson, Perch as cover. Which will be fine if he does stay fit, as I was very impressed last year, but it's a big if.

I reckon we're hoping on Taylor staying fit and just having Good, Williamson, Perch as cover. Which will be fine if he does stay fit, as I was very impressed last year, but it's a big if.

Massive 'if' given that he hasn't managed to stay fit for a full season for about 5 years.

Its when Colo gets injured that I will get worried.

He made Williamson look decent, Perch look excellent and I dare say he will be the best thing to happen to Curtis Goods career too.

Any combination that includes Colo is fine, its the ones without him that scare the shit out of me.

Saylor doesn't need to be fit all season long in every single game, he just need's to stay away from long term injuries.

I don't have a problem with the likes of Williamson, Perch etc etc playing games, it's playing for month's at a time in every single game where the problem arises.

Its when Colo gets injured that I will get worried.

He made Williamson look decent, Perch look excellent and I dare say he will be the best thing to happen to Curtis Goods career too.

Any combination that includes Colo is fine, its the ones without him that scare the s*** out of me.

Also this.

Saylor doesn't need to be fit all season long in every single game, he just need's to stay away from long term injuries.

I don't have a problem with the likes of Williamson, Perch etc etc playing games, it's playing for month's at a time in every single game where the problem arises.

Something he hasn't been able to do for the entirety of his career. I like Tayls but part of me still wishes someone had taken a punt on him when he stuck in that transfer request a couple years ago. I'm iffy if we're going into the season relying on him again.

:thup::thdn::thup::thup::thdn:

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Taylor, more than fine with him being our second choice but Williamson as third choice is what worries me. The fact we're relying on Taylor to stay fit worries me too. Bring in somebody to challenge Taylor to play alongside Colo leaving Williamson fourth choice is what's needed in my opinion.

We need a striker more than a CB tbh.

Agreed, but i think we need a CB more than a midfielder  :D

and I think the midfielder is the priority.

That is why we are on a football forum, it's all about opinions.

I agree a midfielder is necessary but some positions are more important, i would personally buy a RB, CF and a CB before a midfielder but fair enough if you disagree.

Reckon we'll be back in for Douglas, either at the end of the month or in January.

Based on?

The whole Dutch citizenship thing plus the fact his contract's up at the end of the season. Wouldn't be surprised to see us chance our hand with what we've got until January and then go back in for him in a cut-price deal.

Part of me expects us to randomly sign Douglas one day but - whilst it'd be nice to have another CB - we have three already. That isn't much but we survived half a season with only two of them and I'm starting to believe a CM will be more important right now.

I agree a midfielder is necessary but some positions are more important, i would personally buy a RB, CF and a CB before a midfielder but fair enough if you disagree.

Very much depends on who out of Senegal and Ivory Coast qualifies for the ACON as well. It's a shame we won't know who we're losing until after the window closes. A month with Shola as our only striker doesn't sound very good, does it? :scared:

Very much depends on who out of Senegal and Ivory Coast qualifies for the ACON as well. It's a shame we won't know who we're losing until after the window closes. A month with Shola as our only striker doesn't sound very good, does it? :scared:

right now i just think if we lost cisse for 3 month we'd get by, same with colo or taylor or anyone else....just don't think we could lose either tiote or cabaye for that long.

Agreed, it's close and if we hadn't sold Best I would definitely say centre back.

Does also depend on the formation we play though.

With the amount of games we can possibly have I would like us to be able to rest both Cisse and Ba. Shola as a starter wasn't good enough three years ago, certainly isn't adequate now. Beyond that Samuel does not look like an out and out Striker.

Truthishly as far as I am concerned we really need to sign two decent strikers. Provided we get one in this window we should have enough until January, when we will know if Ba and Cisse are off to ACN or we lose Tiote instead. For me, while looking to bring AC back would be ok we should put it on the backburner until Jan and sign a winger/striker that can fit into several systems from now until the window opens.