West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mixed feelings tbh. Delighted for the lad but our injury record with England doesn't bring back fond memories. :undecided:

Thing is though, i don't see Carroll as the sort of player who misses many games (without having a serious injury).

I suspect the next time we lose Carroll for a significant period of time will be if he has a serious injury or lands himself in jail.

Guest johnson293

what a sad b****** on that mackem forum, not watching the match because carroll got called up  :mackems:

There's another claiming to have sent an email to the FA expressing his disgust at Carroll's call up, considering his recent off-field problems.

:mackems:

Guest palnese

Who was the last home-grown Geordie to win an England cap, whilst playing for Newcastle?

Gazza, Waddle?

Howey? He was a mackem though.

Guest johnson293

What is it specifically with the people on that forum, not just generally, but sending emails expressing disgust? :lol:

Its the same mentality/inferiority complex/chip on shoulder that made them stop buying Sugar Puffs in the mid-90's!  ;D

Guest neesy111

Who was the last home-grown Geordie to win an England cap, whilst playing for Newcastle?

Gazza, Waddle?

Steve Howey.

Guest johnson293

Gazza, Waddle?

Can't remember if Gazza got a full call up while with us. - EDIT: Gazza first called up Sept 88 - he was at Spuds then.

Think it might be Beardsley - he was first capped in 1986, but Waddle was in 1985.

Love it that we finally have a player for England again. Who was the last player to play for England while being here btw? Owen vs France?

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/106906697.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E63827AE3EDD305D929B5D0D9D7119BBE78216817BAB7BB4A4 http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/106905201.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E6BB89F70872FBB0999B5D0D9D7119BBE7DB85DA62428590A2

Be shaking with rage if he gets injured. Angry just thinking about it.

Same here.  Especially because it's a fucking friendly.  Really angry at the thought of this.  Nailed on to come off injured.

I'll be annoyed if he gets injured obviously, but I don't think it's a reason to wish he hadn't been called up. It's just part and parcel of football.