West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hark at the jealous Mackem, man. Probably even more pissed off because they aren't getting a mention on transfer day.

That's because we've done good business already. We have a stronger squad now than we did three weeks ago and have even more wedge in the bank to be thrown around in the summer.

£30m for someone with less than 20 PL goals ffs. The world's gone mad.

Look at the money you've spent on absolute s**** since Quinn arrived. It must be hitting nearly £100million and you havent got anyone anywhere near the standard of Carroll, Tiote, Barton or Ben Arfa. Money isnt everything, having the players at your club is.

Is that post a wind up? It's amazing to think that with all of these superior players, and our injury crisis, that you're not seven points ahead of us rather than seven points behind.

Has the season finished already?

is carroll worth more than david villa............?

Simple market economics, limited supply of high calibre, young, talented English strikers, combined with transfer deadline day and a possible riot at Anfield unless they make a big signing to make up for Torres departing to Chelsea.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

I don't think we will reject an offer higher than 35m.  Gotta prepared for the worst.

Don't understand the "prepared for the worst" comment to be honest - you'll be getting a lot more than he's worth and by the start of next season will most likely be a much stronger squad for having re-invested the money.

You've been doing more than fine without him for some time now - I really do fail to see how his half a good season have made him Wayne Rooney overnight?

yeah your right his half good season is only just enough for you to dedicate your day to mooching around this thread tho. :lol:

As well as the SMB, VillaTalk and the Oatcake. It's a slow day in the office.

1/5 to join Liverpool today.

It's like Hughton being sacked all over again. Prepare for the worst.

Where is this?

11/4 with Victor Chandler to leave, are people making up odds? :undecided:

Sorry, should have said. Sky Bet.

Ah right, cheers, just got the market up, the Victor Chandler one is slightly more telling, now 9/4 for Carroll to leave, so it is being backed...

"Odds mean nothing", right. :undecided:

Liverpool bid £30m = people back him to sign for Liverpool = odds are slashed

If this was just coming out of NUFC via David Craig, I would be sceptical but it looks like it is also coming form Liverpool.

I think it would be madness to sell - what would we replace him with?  Another Championship hopeful or someone from abroad who doesn't give a toss.  We've not been able to find a partner for Carroll as it is never mind a replacement plus most clubs are desperately looking for strikers with little success (another reason for the high price).  And we won't pay the wages for a proven striker.

Anyway, if we have a £30m striker on the books that has come through the Academy surely that raises the value of the club in terms of its assets.

And it won't be £30m in cash either - probably £10m downpayment with the rest over the duration of a contract and it will include performance related payments.

Once this window is over, I would like the club to offer Carroll a new contract to at least show their commitment to keeping him as he will now know that he will get the big money elsewhere so his agent will be looking for that from Newcastle.

David Craig gets his stuff straight from Llambias.

I know that but remember "lying for PR purposes" from the KK tribunal.  I just think Llambias uses Craig to get out whatever propaganda they want to promote at that time.

Guest NQsDiscoPants

Apparently. Which is why Liverpool fans appear less than impressed with the prospect of this move.

According to some yes, on the solid argument that Villa has never played in the Premiership (see argument why Carrol is superior to Suarez). With that sort logic, Carroll is superior to Messi! Delusional loonies

I don't think we will reject an offer higher than 35m.  Gotta prepared for the worst.

Don't understand the "prepared for the worst" comment to be honest - you'll be getting a lot more than he's worth and by the start of next season will most likely be a much stronger squad for having re-invested the money.

You've been doing more than fine without him for some time now - I really do fail to see how his half a good season have made him Wayne Rooney overnight?

1.  Everyone here understands "re-investment" is not a must.  Yes, if the amount of money is well spend, we will be a better team.  But sorry this is not guaranteed under the Fat Cunt's reign.  Ranger is the most likely replacement for Carroll.

2.  Carroll's aerial presence is always there, no matter he is on-form or off-form.  He is a very consistent performer and that's why he is tactically a more valuable player than Wayne Rooney.  I don't care which team we are playing, no matter it's Man Utd Milan Barca Real Madrid, Carroll will always win the header for us.  This is priceless.

If this was just coming out of NUFC via David Craig, I would be sceptical but it looks like it is also coming form Liverpool.

I think it would be madness to sell - what would we replace him with?  Another Championship hopeful or someone from abroad who doesn't give a toss.  We've not been able to find a partner for Carroll as it is never mind a replacement plus most clubs are desperately looking for strikers with little success (another reason for the high price).  And we won't pay the wages for a proven striker.

Anyway, if we have a £30m striker on the books that has come through the Academy surely that raises the value of the club in terms of its assets.

And it won't be £30m in cash either - probably £10m downpayment with the rest over the duration of a contract and it will include performance related payments.

Once this window is over, I would like the club to offer Carroll a new contract to at least show their commitment to keeping him as he will now know that he will get the big money elsewhere so his agent will be looking for that from Newcastle.

I know that but remember "lying for PR purposes" from the KK tribunal.  I just think Llambias uses Craig to get out whatever propaganda they want to promote at that time.

There is no amount of PR to be had from lying about rejecting a bid then AC9 appearing in a LFC shirt later in the day.

1/5 to join Liverpool today.

It's like Hughton being sacked all over again. Prepare for the worst.

Where is this?

11/4 with Victor Chandler to leave, are people making up odds? :undecided:

Sorry, should have said. Sky Bet.

Ah right, cheers, just got the market up, the Victor Chandler one is slightly more telling, now 9/4 for Carroll to leave, so it is being backed...

"Odds mean nothing", right. :undecided:

Liverpool bid £30m = people back him to sign for Liverpool = odds are slashed

:lol:

It probably only needed a couple of hundred quid anyway to see them change like that, but they certainly don't mean "fuck all". :undecided:

According to some yes, on the solid argument that Villa has never played in the Premiership (see argument why Carrol is superior to Suarez). With that sort logic, Carroll is superior to Messi! Delusional loonies

No, it's about his value to NUFC.

Guest toonlass

NQDP must have missed all the derby day talk from Mackem land where it was all about what a better squad they had and how they were going to exact revenge on us. Now we have the stronger squad and they are injury ravaged (despite us having more players out at the minute than them).

Guest north shields lad

Tony Barratt who writes for the times and meant to have good contacts at Liverpool has said;

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett

LFC bid for Carroll is 25m. Newcastle trying to set value by claiming 30m? Sparking an auction?

Hark at the jealous Mackem, man. Probably even more pissed off because they aren't getting a mention on transfer day.

That's because we've done good business already. We have a stronger squad now than we did three weeks ago and have even more wedge in the bank to be thrown around in the summer.

£30m for someone with less than 20 PL goals ffs. The world's gone mad.

Look at the money you've spent on absolute s**** since Quinn arrived. It must be hitting nearly £100million and you havent got anyone anywhere near the standard of Carroll, Tiote, Barton or Ben Arfa. Money isnt everything, having the players at your club is.

Is that post a wind up? It's amazing to think that with all of these superior players, and our injury crisis, that you're not seven points ahead of us rather than seven points behind.

Steve Bruce has turned a profit of around £10m on transfers since he took over. Again though, don't let facts cloud your judgement.

You're 7 points ahead of us because it took us a little while to get on our feet in this league. We had some poor home performances early doors. We also have some weaker players in other positions and don't have a big squad. You also have a good manager.

Tony Barratt who writes for the times and meant to have good contacts at Liverpool has said;

TonyBarretTimes Tony Barrett

LFC bid for Carroll is 25m. Newcastle trying to set value by claiming 30m? Sparking an auction?

Trying to spark speculation more like it.

yeah your right his half good season is only just enough for you to dedicate your day to mooching around this thread tho. :lol:

As well as the SMB, VillaTalk and the Oatcake. It's a slow day in the office.

nee worries often have smb as one of my tabs for the :lol:

There is no amount of PR to be had from lying about rejecting a bid then AC9 appearing in a LFC shirt later in the day.

Absolutely - but I am just sceptical of anything Craig says because of his source.  He will be repeating what he is told - whether it is the truth is another matter.