West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why did he HAVE to submit a transfer request if this is all a conspiracy and told to do it?

Was he forced at gunpoint?

Money, man. It still doesn't mean he wanted to leave, but if he knew that the club didn't really want him to stay, I'm sure he would seriously consider leaving. How else would you feel if your club said 'we think we'll be better off if we sold you' which is effectively what accepting a bid is.

I'm not blaming him. I'm blaming Ashley for accepting a bid this late in the transfer window. The rest of this is just PR. Ashley's fucked up his PR enough to know that he can't afford to just sell Carroll when the player has said he wanted to stay. That would jeopardise the goodwill that has been generated in the past few months.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fucking hell people

Carroll would not risk his reputation by letting Ashley say he had a transfer request if he didnt want to go

This is Carroll not Ashley

Ashley has played this as well as he could

ASHLEY IS NOT TO BLAME!

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Come on. You've got more about you than that.

Textbook manipulation that you've all fallen for.

I don't understand the conspiracies regarding the transfer request.

The narrative as i see it:

Carroll knows Liverpool will boost his wages considerably > Newcastle refuse to sell but Carroll wants to go > Carroll hands in transfer request

What other narratives are there? Summat about Ashley saving face? I don't understand it.....

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

Yawn.

Yep. PR for dummies.

Can't f***ing believe this.

Those blaming Ashley can f*** off now. We've done everything we could to keep him and he's stabbed us in the back. f*** off.

We've accepted a bid, man. Of course it's partially Ashley's fault.

Accepted the bid after he submitted the transfer request.

The way the situation has been presented leads me to believe that we had every intention of selling him if the right bid came in.

I would have been amazed if anyone turned down that sort of money. Just hope we don't spunk it away on wannabe replacements who don't cut the mustard.

If someone said to you - you've got the chance to treble your wage, get an instant lump sum of about £3.5m as well as a much higher profile in your industry but you have to let your Clients you're moving because you want to and not because your existing company wants to keep you wouldn't you do it?

I think it's a great fee and I'm not particularly arsed about pinning the blame anywhere but it'd be very naive not to think of why Pardew was appointed and the history we have with Ashley.