West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did not reject the transfer

They did.

The Geordie hit-man has come ­almost from nowhere to be the most-talked-about striker in the Premier League.

A magnet for trouble off the pitch, Carroll has been causing havoc on it with eight goals already to his credit.

And the man who announced his arrival on the big stage with a hat-trick against Villa in Newcastle’s second match of the season, says there’s plenty more to come.

Carroll said: “Everything is going well. We were promoted, I got the No.9 shirt, I’ve been scoring goals, and I’ve made my England debut – it’s exactly what I was dreaming about 18 months ago.

“I asked for the No.9 shirt to be honest. I knew no one had it so I knocked on the manager’s door and asked for it. He took a few days to get back to me. When I was growing up Alan Shearer was wearing it. I grew up ­wanting to have it and now I have it.

“Shearer was an absolute legend and hopefully in time I can be the same.

“I was a ball-boy at Newcastle for about three years and it was great to be close to Shearer.

“Duncan Ferguson was also playing then but it was really Shearer I looked to because of the goals he scored and how he played.

“Shearer was great when he was in charge here too. He showed me how to beat defenders in the air and how to hold the ball up. He gave me a lot of encouragement to try things.

“I had five games under him and I was disappointed that he didn’t stay on. But now everything is going so well under Chris Hughton.”

PEOPLE SPORT revealed three weeks ago that Chelsea had earmarked Carroll as Didier Drogba’s eventual replacement but the sensation of the season says he’s going nowhere.

In fact he wants to stay on Tyneside for life.

“This is Newcastle, this is where I want to be,” he said. “If a five-year deal is put on a plate for me then I am going to take it because this is where I want to play my football and live for the rest of my life.

“I have to keep working hard to get a game and scoring goals is just giving a little back for the chance I have been given.

“It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price. Giving me a five-year deal means they want me here for as long as they can.

“It means a lot knowing that the club are behind me. It is a good feeling.

“Obviously it is good to hear that people are talking about you but, like I said, the five-year deal I have signed is serious. I would not have signed it if I had wanted to move.”

Carroll, who goes up against Chelsea at St James’ Park this afternoon as the leading English scorer in the Premier League, is determined to clean up his off-the-field image.

He says: “There’s been a bit of bother lately but it’s in the past now. I know people are watching every move I make so I need to keep my head down. I have to deal with ­criticism and get on with it but Chris Hughton has been sticking by me.

“He pulls me in the office now and again and lets me know what he likes and what he doesn’t like. He is helping me along with life.”

Carroll was England’s only plus in the defeat by France at Wembley. But the praise he received for his debut performance was laced with disappointment because he did not have the chance to play alongside Rooney.

“Wayne is a great player so to have people talking about me and him ­playing up front for England means a lot,” he said.

“I definitely think we could form a decent partnership. The way we both play I reckon we’d go well together.”

And he added: “I knew I was capable of playing for England. In my head I wanted to step up and I knew I could do it. Now I’ve played one game, I have to try and keep my place in the squad.

“Turning up at the England hotel was good. The rest of the lads were there and I just walked in all normal, like – as if I should be there. We had a bit of banter and that was that.”

Nice one you tosser.

So what's everyone else at the club going to think about this?! We sell our young prodigy, top english goalscorer, someone the team was meant to be built around... why is anyone going to want to sign a contract now, what's the point, we have no ambition. We have no resolve, our group doesn't matter?

Its basically saying to everyone at the club, 'we need you all, unless we can find a cheaper replacement and make some money off you. That club you thought Newcastle United was, doesn't exist any more'.

a player who handed in a transfer request and didn't want to be there anymore

Can't blame ashley or the club for this, they rejected everything thrown at them, and then andy throws in a transfer request.

I'm really gutted but £35m plus addons will be pretty handy at least, just scared how they'll spend it..

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

The Geordie hit-man has come ­almost from nowhere to be the most-talked-about striker in the Premier League.

A magnet for trouble off the pitch, Carroll has been causing havoc on it with eight goals already to his credit.

And the man who announced his arrival on the big stage with a hat-trick against Villa in Newcastle’s second match of the season, says there’s plenty more to come.

Carroll said: “Everything is going well. We were promoted, I got the No.9 shirt, I’ve been scoring goals, and I’ve made my England debut – it’s exactly what I was dreaming about 18 months ago.

“I asked for the No.9 shirt to be honest. I knew no one had it so I knocked on the manager’s door and asked for it. He took a few days to get back to me. When I was growing up Alan Shearer was wearing it. I grew up ­wanting to have it and now I have it.

“Shearer was an absolute legend and hopefully in time I can be the same.

“I was a ball-boy at Newcastle for about three years and it was great to be close to Shearer.

“Duncan Ferguson was also playing then but it was really Shearer I looked to because of the goals he scored and how he played.

“Shearer was great when he was in charge here too. He showed me how to beat defenders in the air and how to hold the ball up. He gave me a lot of encouragement to try things.

“I had five games under him and I was disappointed that he didn’t stay on. But now everything is going so well under Chris Hughton.”

PEOPLE SPORT revealed three weeks ago that Chelsea had earmarked Carroll as Didier Drogba’s eventual replacement but the sensation of the season says he’s going nowhere.

In fact he wants to stay on Tyneside for life.

“This is Newcastle, this is where I want to be,” he said. “If a five-year deal is put on a plate for me then I am going to take it because this is where I want to play my football and live for the rest of my life.

“I have to keep working hard to get a game and scoring goals is just giving a little back for the chance I have been given.

“It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price. Giving me a five-year deal means they want me here for as long as they can.

“It means a lot knowing that the club are behind me. It is a good feeling.

“Obviously it is good to hear that people are talking about you but, like I said, the five-year deal I have signed is serious. I would not have signed it if I had wanted to move.”

Carroll, who goes up against Chelsea at St James’ Park this afternoon as the leading English scorer in the Premier League, is determined to clean up his off-the-field image.

He says: “There’s been a bit of bother lately but it’s in the past now. I know people are watching every move I make so I need to keep my head down. I have to deal with ­criticism and get on with it but Chris Hughton has been sticking by me.

“He pulls me in the office now and again and lets me know what he likes and what he doesn’t like. He is helping me along with life.”

Carroll was England’s only plus in the defeat by France at Wembley. But the praise he received for his debut performance was laced with disappointment because he did not have the chance to play alongside Rooney.

“Wayne is a great player so to have people talking about me and him ­playing up front for England means a lot,” he said.

“I definitely think we could form a decent partnership. The way we both play I reckon we’d go well together.”

And he added: “I knew I was capable of playing for England. In my head I wanted to step up and I knew I could do it. Now I’ve played one game, I have to try and keep my place in the squad.

“Turning up at the England hotel was good. The rest of the lads were there and I just walked in all normal, like – as if I should be there. We had a bit of banter and that was that.”

Nice one you tosser.

Ashley gave him a million quid to say that, was all part of his master plan.

I don't see what the club have done wrong here, once Carroll handed in a transfer request he had to go.  That said, I bet we don't see us spending the rumoured £35 million on new players.

So what's everyone else at the club going to think about this?! We sell our young prodigy, top english goalscorer, someone the team was meant to be built around... why is anyone going to want to sign a contract now, what's the point, we have no ambition. We have no resolve, our group doesn't matter?

Its basically saying to everyone at the club, 'we need you all, unless we can find a cheaper replacement and make some money off you. That club you thought Newcastle United was, doesn't exist any more'.

I'd say that a bit naive.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Meant to say Carroll transfer request has 'conveniently' taken heat off #nufc hierarchy...

Tend to agree...

Anyone bought the 2011 calendar? Don't look at it tomorrow...

:lol:

I never buy it, we always sell players before their months come up.

Two years ago or so they did it quite clever by moving Owen to January. :lol: (he wasn't sold, though).

he was fucking pushed, man. There's no doubt we were leaning on the side of the money over Carroll. No doubt.

Carroll when he signed his new deal: “It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

this.

Not this.

They did.

How ?

Before the muppet handed in his request.

Very disappointed in Carroll handing in a transfer request. Shows all that "I dreamt of being Newcastle's number 9" was bullshit. I really don't see Liverpool as much of a step up from NUFC at this point in time.

I couldn't give a shit how long he takes to recover from his injury now.

Aye brilliantly stage managed.

Asley'll be laughing his fat arse off at the gulliblity.

Carroll when he signed his new deal: “It does feel good when you hear that the club are not prepared to sell you at any price."

So when he finds out they are prepared to sell him, even for stupid money, it changes his feeling.  Simple as that.

What, by rejecting a record fee for him?