West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking cunt. Could have been the next Shearer, idolised and loved forever, but now he's just going to be another mercenary cunt fucking off from 'big' club to 'big' club looking for more and more money each time. Hope the little fuck has a career ending injury, absolute traitor.

Can't argue with that, the fact that he turned down a lifetime of adoration and hero-worship is what makes it even harder to take.

Ask Alan Shearer whether wearing the number 9 for NUFC means more than any amount of trophies and any amount of money.

The same Alan Shearer who was prepared to move to Liverpool too?

When?

Iirc Liverpool bid £5 million for him, Bobby thought it was a cracking deal, but Freddy vetoed it.

I know for a fact (family friends with the late Jack Hixon) that the offer was £3m, highest earner at LFC and he was desperate to go.

Both were prepared to sell and then Freddy changed his mind.

Guest neesy111

Loyalty in football,we know is a myth,but it's sacrilege for a home-town boy wearing his boyhood teams famous number nine shirt to turn his back on it 6 months later.

Don't normally agree with you but this is spot on.

I'm going to read Harry Potter. It's the only thing that makes me happy.

Thats it, I'm posting spoilers, if I can't be happy no one can!

:harry:

Not that I haven't read the series multiple times.

Lions are better run than NUFC.

Crazy shit, right?

And all progress will be lost if there is no season next year.

I'm going to explode.

I'm going to read Harry Potter. It's the only thing that makes me happy.

Thats it, I'm posting spoilers, if I can't be happy no one can!

:harry:

Not that I haven't read the series multiple times.

Lions are better run than NUFC.

Crazy shit, right?

And all progress will be lost if there is no season next year.

I'm going to explode.

:lol: My fault, man. I was trying to cheer you up.

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Unless he goes to jail or gets injured, he will be a great player and England's #1 or #2 striker for a decade.

Colossally risky move by Newcastle United.

Fucking cunt. Could have been the next Shearer, idolised and loved forever, but now he's just going to be another mercenary cunt fucking off from 'big' club to 'big' club looking for more and more money each time. Hope the little fuck has a career ending injury, absolute traitor.

Can't argue with that, the fact that he turned down a lifetime of adoration and hero-worship is what makes it even harder to take.

Ask Alan Shearer whether wearing the number 9 for NUFC means more than any amount of trophies and any amount of money.

Backstabbing cunt is the Reverse Shearer.  One gets missed as we have no academy and gets brought back at great cost as a returning hero, and is one of the last gentlemen footballers.  The other comes through the academy, fucks over the fans gets sold for loads and is nothing but common chav pond scum.

At least it's fucking over and done with. Another five or six goals this season and the speculation would have been even worse over the summer. With him being out of the picture for a few weeks already (and out of the country completely) it's not like he's being ripped straight out of the current team. That really would have been disasterous for the squad.

:undecided:

I'm just going off what Bobby said tbf.

The circumstances were different then anyway, we'd already had 8 years out of him, and he was declining rapidly.

True - I felt we should have let him go personally.

I knew about it, at the time, for a while.

Liverpool, under Houllier, chased a young Steven Taylor for big bucks but NUFC would never sell.

This just made me chuckle, spotted on one of our forums.

Look at the bloody state of Carroll at Melwood.  He looks like the bass player in a Coventry-based Whitesnake tribute band.

Footballers. Fuck them, they're all the same, self interested cunts, for all that badge kissing and allegiance swearing.