West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Heneage

Still can't believe the lanky streak of piss that could barely control a football 2 years ago has gone for £35 million. Amazing really.

I said in relegation season he'd probably end up in league 1. :lol:

Guest guinness_fiend

The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

With us, our whole game was played to his strenghts, he's a great player, but it's not the end of the world... Look what happend to Owen and Robbie Fowler after they left Liverpool! They would be living legends if they stuck with liverpool, but they sold out...

Fowler is a legend amongst Liverpool fans.

yes he is, he did score 120 goals for them. but I think he would of been alot bigger if he stuck with them. look at his stats after he left pool? had a decent spell at leeds, but not half the player he was at liverpool.

Any way there are alot of examples, some make it, some don't. My point is, he hasn't even had a season in the PL with a team that plays to his strenghts. we do hoof the ball aloooot when he's playing, and it's a tactic that works wonderful to his playing style.

Sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound flippant.  I just have a soft spot for the loveable rogue, tis all:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/ffximage/2009/02/04/fowler2_wideweb__470x335,0.jpg

Guest guinness_fiend

Still can't believe the lanky streak of piss that could barely control a football 2 years ago has gone for £35 million. Amazing really.

:lol: 

still time and hopefully drag liverpool with him

I have news.

The bloke i talk to works at the Academy and says he has been told everything.

Basically Liverpool put in a bid at 9am ish for 27.5 million plus incentives reaching 30 million. PARDEW not Ashley rejected the offer.

At around 2pm i think it was Liverpool put in a 32.5 million offer plus incentives reaching 35 million which we initially rejected.

Pardew called Carroll to his office at SJP, and Nolan drove AC there. In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K  a week to stay.

Pardew said we'll meet later after he'd spoke to Ashley. He told him the situation and Ashley said no, as it will send out wrong messages to the other players. Pardew was told that AC will be offered a new contract in the summer, and that he had to wait 5 moths to get his new deal. Ashley was prepared to break his wage structure for AC.

The press conference was called off to allow the next meeting which was at 4pm.

Pardew told Carroll this and Carroll asked for the 60k. Pardew said no wait til the summer. Carroll then said well i want the opportunity to talk to Liverpool and see what they'll offer. Pardew asked for this request in writing. 

Ashley gave AC his helicopter to have a medical etc and he signed the contract at 9pm.

Make of that what you will. I have told this forum things before so believe it if you want. I know my mate wouldn't p*** me about he's been right before. He told me Barton's contract has been signed and it will be anounced this week or early next. We also have bought a player from Rennes and will be given the number 8 shirt.

Guest guinness_fiend

I have news.

Basically Liverpool put in a bid at 9am ish for 27.5 million plus incentives reaching 30 million. PARDEW not Ashley rejected the offer.

At around 2pm i think it was Liverpool put in a 32.5 million offer plus incentives reaching 35 million which we initially rejected.

Pardew called Carroll to his office at SJP, and Nolan drove AC there. In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K  a week to stay.

Pardew said we'll meet later after he'd spoke to Ashley. He told him the situation and Ashley said no, as it will send out wrong messages to the other players. Pardew was told that AC will be offered a new contract in the summer, and that he had to wait 5 moths to get his new deal. Ashley was prepared to break his wage structure for AC.

Pardew told Carroll this and Carroll asked for the 60k. Pardew said no wait til the summer. Carroll then said well i want the opportunity to talk to Liverpool and see what they'll offer. Pardew asked for this request in writing. 

Ashley gave AC his helicopter to have a medical etc and he signed the contract at 9pm.

Make of that what you will. I have told this forum things before so believe it if you want. I know my mate wouldn't p*** me about he's been right before. He told me Barton's contract has been signed and it will be anounced this week or early next. We also have bought a player from Rennes and will be given the number 8 shirt.

No offence, but I'll take it with a pinch of salt for the time being, but ta for the update.  If the above turns out to be true, Ashely and Pardew have done nothing wrong. 

I have news.

ta for the update

Pardew said we'll meet later after he'd spoke to Ashley. He told him the situation and Ashley said no, as it will send out wrong messages to the other players.

If, and that's a big if, this actually happened, then it was the right thing to do. 

'In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K a week to stay.'

:hmm:

so it was conditional love why not wait andy why not wait  :weep:................................................you scruffy long haired scouse loving tramp

'In the meeting Carroll said 'he loved the club and didn't want to go'. However that he wanted a new contract of 60K a week to stay.'

:hmm:

What i was told.

I can obviously see why people are a bit 'meh' about this, and thats fair enough :)

Time will tell particularly with the Rennes player (midfielder i think). The lad i was talking to is trying to find out the name of the player.

I forgot to add that the bids we made at the end of the window were all rejected as we were getting quoted astronomical figures. These strikers to replce Carroll were:

Crouch

Elmander

Carlton Cole :lol:

Again make of it what you will. I'm just passing on what i've heard. :)

I have news.

Everything seems to fit what we know (assume to know) already, sounds legit to me.

:lol: 

Remember the contoversy when he was given the number 9 shirt? Bizarre.  To be fair, a mate of mine said at the start of last season he'd be England's first choice centre forward in two years time.

After what i've been told I believe that the club was right to sell the player. But i also believe Carroll genuinely wanted to stay but unfortunately greed got in the way.

So i think what we've been told levels out.

AP: We didn't force him to go etc...

AC: I love the club tell the fans (Steve Wraith etc) I now don't believe the 'club forced me out' stuff though.

I think it has fell back to Carroll being nieve and maybe far too big headed.