West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Former Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish was proud of Andy Carroll over his goal scoring performance in England's win over Sweden.

Dalglish wrote in the Mirror: "I don’t have any feelings of personal vindication about the goal he scored in the Olympic Stadium.

"Some people may have questioned my decision to buy him for Liverpool but it’s not about me or any of the criticism I have received.

"Whatever anybody else said, he was always going to come through as a player.

"Even a couple of days ago, I heard someone had written that fans were laughing at him. I think Andy will be the one who’s laughing now."

No Dalglish, we are all still laughing at you instead. you f***ing muppet!

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's the Daily Mail like so it shouldn't really irritate me, but the comments on that article are fucking ludicrous :anguish:

If this shower of thick, gorged, drunken overpaid football players had a little less "help from the ladies", they might have the energy and desire to repay England fans who have been ripped off for inflated hotel bills, food, travel, flights, etc. supporting them, with a bit of pride and for once win something. But when the obvious rewards for failure are so good, why should they care either way. They all make me sick.

Carrol in Ibiza, Rooney in LA. Shortly after England's exit from the last world cup we were treated to pictures of Lampard lounging in the Caribbean. Much better than playing in Finals eh !!

THIS is precisly whats wrong with the Englands enthusiasm for winning or losing. Why are they not at home sulking. I wonder if the Italians are living it up?

pitty they didnt put as much effort into the football ...

Well done for disappointing millions of Brits around the world. You lot should hang your heads in shame rather than lording it up like posers. You are all overrted ,overpaid and pampered. Get real players to who want to fight for the team and their country.

English Football, these pictures say it all really, don't they ?

And you wonder why they are such **** at playing football?

CONDEMN THEM TO SOLITARY CONFINEMENT FOR NOT WINNING THE EUROPEAN CUP!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

people :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

English people.

I must admit, the Germans' arrogance about their footy team irritates me (they were going on about the "Italy game" as a given before they'd even played Greece), but their lads almost always back it up (they battered Greece, and indeed played Italy).

Most English appear to believe their team is 10x better than it is, and the whole thing is a circus.

England invariably enters a tournament with a distinctly average side that may be quicker and stronger than most others, but is usually markedly less skillful than the top sides. And typically with a shit manager to boot. By and large, getting out of the group and then flying home is about their level.

Even this time around, when we went in with a mediocre, injury-hit squad and a new and very mediocre manager, this lack of expectation was somehow twisted into a strength: this time, the side won't be crushed under the weight of expectation! (the press exclaim, piling on the expectations.)

Milan 'would love to sign Carroll'

The son of Milan President Silvio Berlusconi has said he “would love to sign Andy Carroll” for a new, younger team.

The Rossoneri have released veterans such as Alessandro Nesta, Gennaro Gattuso, Clarence Seedorf, Pippo Inzaghi, Gianluca Zambrotta and Mark Van Bommel, aiming to lower the average age of the squad.

“This is another Milan, a younger Milan, and it’s right every now and then to change and start a new project,” said Piersilvio Berlusconi in the Corriere dello Sport.

“Who would I like to see at Milan? Well it’s too obvious to say Andres Iniesta, so let’s just say I was impressed with the physicality of England striker Carroll. I would love to sign him.”

http://www.football-italia.net/20734/milan-would-love-sign-carroll

Do they expect them to be sitting in a dark room flagellating themselves?

Clearly they are!

Witness the regular cry of "overpaid" - ignoring the fact that the players don't get paid to play for England (and is probably WHY they don't perform for their country)