West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do they expect them to be sitting in a dark room flagellating themselves?

Clearly they are!

Witness the regular cry of "overpaid" - ignoring the fact that the players don't get paid to play for England (and is probably WHY they don't perform for their country)

I think they do get paid for playing for England, but not a significant amount. It was reported they'd donated it to charity the last World Cup. The real money they earn for England is all the advertisements and endorsements they get.

On the Carroll subject, they probably think he's the new Christian Vieri. :lol:

correct me if I'm wrong but does the club not have a 25% sell on clause? Ashley will be rubbing his hands together in glee

I thought it was only 25% of any profit they made on him? So 25% of anything over £35million, which is effectively nothing because no-one will ever pay anything like that for him.

correct me if I'm wrong but does the club not have a 25% sell on clause? Ashley will be rubbing his hands together in glee

I thought it was only 25% of any profit they made on him? So 25% of anything over £35million, which is effectively nothing because no-one will ever pay anything like that for him.

never underestimate footballs capacity for stupidity

Well maybe not everyone :iamatwat:

Guest neesy111

BR has said he could let Carroll out on loan which clearly is a tell tale sign that he isn't part of BR's long term plans :lol:

Surprised Rodgers won't give him a chance TBH. He was playing better at the back end of last season and a new manager etc would probably be just the start he needs.

Guess he just doesn't think Carroll can fit into Swansea-style sexy football.

Do they expect them to be sitting in a dark room flagellating themselves?

Clearly they are!

Witness the regular cry of "overpaid" - ignoring the fact that the players don't get paid to play for England (and is probably WHY they don't perform for their country)

I think they do get paid for playing for England, but not a significant amount. It was reported they'd donated it to charity the last World Cup. The real money they earn for England is all the advertisements and endorsements they get.

On the Carroll subject, they probably think he's the new Christian Vieri. :lol:

They do get paid for playing for England. It happened a while ago and I may be wrong, but I remember there was talk of them striking if they didn't get paid.

When they started to get paid was when the pride of playing for your country largely disappeared and was replaced with the apathy that is there now.