West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Liverpool sell to someone else they have to give us 25% of the fee, is that right?

If Liverpool accept this offer from us (if its true) they get to pocket the 12 million and we forget about the 25% sell on fee etc?

Guest neesy111

If Liverpool sell to someone else they have to give us 25% of the fee, is that right?

If Liverpool accept this offer from us (if its true) they get to pocket the 12 million and we forget about the 25% sell on fee etc?

That's on profit they make.

:yao:

We're clearly going to get Carroll, then. Dont really need him but we'll have a pretty fearsome collection of strikers. £12m isnt great but it looks good in comparison to Fletcher, Jarvis, Henderson, Allen and - oh yeah - Carroll.

If Liverpool think its a bad fee, its only going to get worse if he stays. They'll cave in because they have to.

Carroll playing at the level that he was at when he left us was a handful for defenders. If your defenders are pre-occupied dealing with someone like Carroll, and they will be, then a lot of opportunities fall to your other players if they are in decent attacking positions. I'm pretty sure that is why Nolan scored so many.

Guest firetotheworks

That Fellaini performance vs Man United has slightly altered by opinion of playing that way tbh. If we could get Carroll to hold up the ball like Fellaini was the other night, I'm happy to have him as an option up front.

That Fellaini performance vs Man United has slightly altered by opinion of playing that way tbh. If we could get Carroll to hold up the ball like Fellaini was the other night, I'm happy to have him as an option up front.

he can, he's atrocious heading the ball outside the box, wins it with little idea where it's going but he can hold the ball with his feet and chest outside the box, just liverpool never thought to do that.

Think what Liverpool have shown (with their latest comments via Rodger) under this regime is that there will be no more big spending as well. That is great news for the future for us if we are to rival them consistently. Sure some American said when they arrived they'll spunk a boat load at first then do nothing after that, regardless of how it pans out. It hasn't been a success and now the club have no room to move in the transfer market unless they sell first.

They are begging for a £12m cash up front bid for Carroll.  :lol:

he can, he's atrocious heading the ball outside the box, wins it with little idea where it's going but he can hold the ball with his feet and chest outside the box, just liverpool never thought to do that.

Fellaini just copied off what Shola did at SJP last season. Bullied them in to submission  :snod:

Fellaini just copied off what Shola did at SJP last season. Bullied them in to submission  :snod:

Ba was the one that bullied them.

Ba was the one that bullied them.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Shola sounds better.

Which means £12M off us is the same as £15M off anyone else. Cool.

Would really rather we went for someone who can play out wide and up front, someone with a bit of pace. Really commit to the 4-3-3. Signing Carroll is the opposite of that.

It'd be exciting having him back and I think he'd do well for us, but I just don't feel it's the right move for us right now.

Would really rather we went for someone who can play out wide and up front, someone with a bit of pace. Really commit to the 4-3-3. Signing Carroll is the opposite of that.

It'd be exciting having him back and I think he'd do well for us, but I just don't feel it's the right move for us right now.

Remy would be ideal, and available.

This all over.

There is a romance with having him back and taking the piss out of Liverpool financially, but I worry that he isn't the right player to fit in to that 4-3-3 system that seems to really make us cut through teams and create chances. I guess he would help our poor 4-4-2 system slightly better, but why go back to that when we clearly are more powerful when at 4-3-3.

Tbf we've played an absolute blinder in all this. Got those filthy scouters running scared. It's not as if we've offered them a years free subscription of The Sun newspaper

This all over.

There is a romance with having him back and taking the p*ss out of Liverpool financially, but I worry that he isn't the right player to fit in to that 4-3-3 system that seems to really make us cut through teams and create chances. I guess he would help our poor 4-4-2 system slightly better, but why go back to that when we clearly are more powerful when at 4-3-3.

Exactly how i feel but meh.