West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Glad he didnt score today. Made a nuisance of himself but you could tell him was going through the motions.

If we stay up I'm 100% behind getting him this summer, think this season would have been a total different story with him in the squad.

He was crap man :lol:

With that said i'm with you on buying him, IF Pardew stays.

If Ashley does the right thing and sacks the moron in the dressing room the moment the Arsenal game is done provided we stay up and gets a manager suited to our general recruitment then we should stay as far away as humanely possible.

If Ashley does the right thing and sacks the moron in the dressing room the moment the Arsenal game is done provided we stay up and gets a manager suited to our general recruitment then we should stay as far away as humanely possible.

Think there's room for him even with a good manager. Just because Rodgers says you can't build a fashionable team with him in doesn't make it true.

Looked pacey today as well.

He looked like he was giving half effort to me. <shrug>

Aye he was but still.

Think there's room for him even with a good manager. Just because Rodgers says you can't build a fashionable team with him in doesn't make it true.

Perhaps but i doubt he will be even under consideration once Pardew is shown the door, Mike would much prefer some one cheaper and under the recommendation of Carr.

Fuck being fashionable anyway. A team that's tough to break down and scores goals would do just fine. Then you can start to gradually phase better players in.

:thup:

Fuck being fashionable anyway. A team that's tough to break down and scores goals would do just fine. Then you can start to gradually phase better players in.

Does Carroll guarantee goals?

If Carroll wasn't giving the game his all why did he look so annoyed when his headers missed? Why did he keep appealing for penalties?

I only watched the 2nd half and he looked to me as if he wasn't trying too hard while trying to make it look as if he was.

If Carroll wasn't giving the game his all why did he look so annoyed when his headers missed? Why did he keep appealing for penalties?

I only watched the 2nd half and he looked to me as if he wasn't trying too hard while trying to make it look as if he was.

Do you honestly think he was misdirecting his headers on purpose?

See I thought this was the exact track we were on. When we came up, we scored goals but were still quite tough to break down. Last season we were even more resiliant, yet still scoring. However this season we really have gone backwards, we can't score and we can't defend, despite phasing in better (on paper anyway) players.

He and Nolan looked like they threw the game to me.

That shot from Nolan which Elliot saved certainly looked like Nolan was trying to score to me.

Do you honestly think he was misdirecting his headers on purpose?

I think it's possible that he did.

:serious:

I think Nolan will always do his best for whatever team he is playing for regardless of the opposition but I think Carroll just finds it hard to play against us. 

He got very little abuse yesterday.  A few taunts to the West Ham fans about him wanting to come home and a couple of verses referencing the fallout with Taylor but that was the easiest ride he has had from our fans since he left..

Guest Howaythetoon

I think any true fan has to be affected a little bit, no matter how professional they are.

Shearer always played well against us. Though there was far less at stake then.

Shearer said he relished playing against us, that it gave him a bit extra to do that bit more. A truly ruthless individual when it came to scoring goals.

Carroll looked half arsed based on some of the highlights, certainly not someone giving it his all. Same for Nolan. I don't question their professionalism though, perhaps tiredness after a long hard season and a hint of playing against former/current friends = going a bit easier.

I think any true fan has to be affected a little bit, no matter how professional they are.

Shearer always played well against us. Though there was far less at stake then.

You mean like any true fan would have dived like last season? Or fucked off at the first chance?

IF we stay up and IF we go for a striker and IF Fartgoo is still our manager then yes.  Simply for the fact that Fartgoo seems inent on playing it long in the second half and other then Shola we have no other options to play that kind of game.