West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think any true fan has to be affected a little bit, no matter how professional they are.

Shearer always played well against us. Though there was far less at stake then.

You mean like any true fan would have dived like last season? Or fucked off at the first chance?

No, didn't draw any conclusions, just said that Shearer always played well against us.

I still like Alan Retardrew.

Or even just 'tardew as I've heard :lol:

Or Turdew. Turdpoo. Endless.

Shitdrew for me like, had it not been for the mackems inventing it

He and Nolan looked like they threw the game to me.

That shot from Nolan which Elliot saved certainly looked like Nolan was trying to score to me.

Do you honestly think he was misdirecting his headers on purpose?

I think it's possible that he did.

:serious:

Mentioned this in other thread, but when Nolan went through after it hit his arm, looked to me he obviously didn't really try to chase it and let Elliot collect it. I'm sure theyd have both scored given opportunity but dont think they really wanted and would avoid if they could, think on this occasion the fact we were calling for a handball maybe made him think he didnt want to score dodgy goal.

I didn't really notice either way from Carroll. It was strange how little abuse he was getting - last time I saw him was in the first game at Anfield, when he was basically all we sang at.

I still like Alan Retardrew.

:lol:

People forget how well rounded he was at Newcastle. Just saw a video on the youtubes analyzing his play on the opening day 2010-11. Stick proper wingers either side of him but keep the same midfield, we will be decent. There was one part where he just ran past some of their midfield. He has a deceptive level of pace considering his height and does not need to live off long balls from centre backs. This depends alot on the manager, but seeing those videos reminded me of being excited over our set pieces, and not as worried when defending them. He isnt Kevin Davies, man.... (black and white tinted specs maybe)

People forget how well rounded he was at Newcastle. Just saw a video on the youtubes analyzing his play on the opening day 2010-11. Stick proper wingers either side of him but keep the same midfield, we will be decent. There was one part where he just ran past some of their midfield. He has a deceptive level of pace considering his height and does not need to live off long balls from centre backs. This depends alot on the manager, but seeing those videos reminded me of being excited over our set pieces, and not as worried when defending them. He isnt Kevin Davies, man.... (black and white tinted specs maybe)

I'd have him if he wasn't such a pisshead.

The game against villa at home when we won 6-0 with a hatrick from Carroll was one of the best all round performances by a striker, I have seen.

The game against villa at home when we won 6-0 with a hatrick from Carroll was one of the best all round performances by a striker, I have seen.

He was absolutely fantastic against the Mackems too during the 5-1. Deserved a goal.

I'd have him if he wasn't such a pisshead.

He's looked under better control at West Ham, id hire a member of staff to patrol him 24/7 to cut this out! :lol:

Seriously though you are right, his fitness has underpinned his failings for me. That picture floating around of him and Nolan with the watertank things shows he has shifted the excess weight, and just needs to focus on his play now. Looks miles more up for it this season, especially since xmas. Nolan effect tbh ;)

I wouldnt mind him back at the right price. I think he would turn back into the beast if he came home where he should be. Moot point as I can't see him playing well with cisse, would have to be one or the other, both need games.

Have always thought he'd be England no. 9 and should still be to this day, that £35m price tag among other consequential events (i.e. Rodgers, Kenny) was truly a heads-gone moment that has set his development back to before we kicked off our return to the Premier League. He's getting his confidence back under the radar at West Ham with his best mate keeping him in check, hope he rediscovers his form and that that happens to be with us ^_^