West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reading between the lines of his post match interview on MOTD, he's staying at West Ham.

Judging by that very short MOTD interview I think it's fair to say he knows where he'll be playing next season, and it won't be West Ham.

:lol:

Judging by that very short MOTD interview I think it's fair to say he knows where he'll be playing next season, and it won't be West Ham.

He did say he won't give anything away when asked if he's staying. Unless we have already been in touch with him or his agent, I take that to mean he's in advanced talks with West Ham, and it's probably mainly a matter of West Ham agreeing a deal with Liverpool.

If Pardew is staying I think it's vital we sign Carroll.

Totally agree.

How do you suggest we do that? He's only interested in money. If we don't match his Liverpool wages, he ain't coming. All this "he loves the Toon" shite is embarrassing.

Just because I think it's vital doesn't mean I think it'll happen.

Totally agree.

How do you suggest we do that? He's only interested in money. If we don't match his Liverpool wages, he ain't coming. All this "he loves the Toon" shite is embarrassing.

Fair dos, plenty people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion.

Reading between the lines of his post match interview on MOTD, he's staying at West Ham.

:lol:

He did say he won't give anything away when asked if he's staying. Unless we have already been in touch with him or his agent, I take that to mean he's in advanced talks with West Ham, and it's probably mainly a matter of West Ham agreeing a deal with Liverpool.

Given what the question was, if that was the case I don't know why his answer wouldn't have just been 'yeah'.

Totally agree.

Fair dos, plenty people seem to think it's a foregone conclusion.

West Ham will buy him for £12m plus add-ons IMO.

Given what the question was, if that was the case I don't know why his answer wouldn't have just been 'yeah'.

Not entirely up to him whether West Ham and Liverpool can agree a deal is it?

Not entirely up to him whether West Ham and Liverpool can agree a deal is it?

No it isn't. The question was 'is there a possibility that you'll be here next season?'. Meh, we'll see anyway.

Anyone think Liverpool would refuse an offer from us if we only matched West Ham's because it would look better selling to West Ham for £12m than to us for £23m less than we sold him for?

Anyone think Liverpool would refuse an offer from us if we only matched West Ham's because it would look better selling to West Ham for £12m than to us for £23m less than we sold him for?

Yep.

Nolan looks like he's really slimmed down so fair play. Looks like the move to West Ham has been good for his career.

Its because Sam Allardyce steals his lunchbox.

Yep.

Nah, they sold Keane back to Spurs at a loss.

Yep.

anyone else think that then it would be as much up to the player ? if we offer for example 15mill, they offer 16mill but the player says he wants to come here and liverpool would blame the loss on dalglish ?

We really need him, unfortunately. Really hope we dont let West Ham wrap this up.

If we are sticking with that clown then we may as well sign someone comfortable with the ball in the air

Yep.

Nah, they sold Keane back to Spurs at a loss.

That loss was around £6m wasn't it?