Newcastle United 1 - 5 Liverpool - 28/12/08 - Post rape reaction from page 19

Dave

I'm sorry for all the bad words, but was necessary to be honest. Sorry.

I admire your support - and it's needed in this dark times.

But lets not delude ourselves.

We are desperately short in several areas, and can only expect to get bargain basement giveaways and loans to do it.

Lets move on.

Humiliated, and in deep sh*t.

Right. Lets try to get a few plasters on to fill the gaps until seasons end when we'll have to replace Owen too

And hope and pray we are still in the Prem to do it.

Well then, Liverpool eh best team thats been to SJP this season, yes okay bit of a makeshift team and maybe just maybe if we had all of our top players fit it might have been different.

JK got it wrong though a 4-5-1 at home is just a NO NO and if you do go 4-5-1 then the extra man in midfield has to man mark Gerrard. Did we miss a trick though? could we not have appealed the Bassong red card and then he could have played today whilst the appeal was being looked at.

Good atmosphere and a nice full house, we were out classed by a side that should win the league and as long as otger games go our way today we won't have lost to much from today. Take a second though to show love for Shay Given WHAT A FKN KEEPER!!!!

Worst thing you can do when your playing against a 5 man midfield is drop off as they have all the time and space to play it about and work a situation where they can get at the defence, we started well pushing up on them but seemed to just bottle it and did the usual drop off 20 yards as soon as we lose the ball and totally surrender any momentum.

Oh and our disallowed goal yet again a toal fk up, was never ever offside..

Liverpool had one disallowed as well tbf.

yeah late on but ours would have made it 1-1 and it was a very quick responce by us, things like that can change games.

our midfield is embarressingly poor

really need some strength/height/pace/athleticism in there. liverpool are full of big strong quick players whereas we are staffed with slow, soft midgets. even guthrie who is one of our better midfielders is a total lightweight, if he was alongside athletes we'd have enough to compensate for that but he's next to butt and geremi who are even worse in that regard.

There certainly seems a ressurection of the Prem referees "Let's get Newcastle" manifesto last couple of games, thats for sure.

That's a load of fucking bollocks. They've made mistakes against us and we have been unlucky, but that's an astoundingly stupid claim to make.

Didn't see you when we got 95% of the decisions our way away at Pompey. How odd.

We got what we deserved to today: an absolute tonking. Everyone from the manager to the players needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

As soon as Liverpool lined up with a five man midfield Joe should of adjusted accordingly. With their superior players matching up with them man for man would have been difficult enough but the extra man meant Gerrard was constantly free, which as you'd expect proved very costly indeed. In fairness we came out at half time a little better, but no where near good enough. I felt a little sorry for Joe, what do you say to that shower? However my sympathy is strained by the fact he did nothing to address the fact we were getting completely over ran in the middle of the park. His substitutions weren't too bad, but his tactis? Not good enough I'm afraid, he's doing nothing to change my mind that he's anything more than an average manager.

Having said there is nothing to excuse the piss poor attitude our players came out with. Was it Joe's fault? Maybe to a degree, but I still expect a bit of professionalism. Basic things such as set piece defending, communication and at least an ounce of desire were completely lacking and it wasn't good enough. Yes, we all felt sorry for the lads with their luckless display at Wigan but it would appear no one felt sorry for the lads more than themselves and it showed, they were a disgrace, they were beaten as soon as they stepped on the park.

Liverpool are a very good team. However they should not be able to thrash a side without ever leaving a relatively low gear. Also, we do have injuries, but do these players even care about retaining their place in the team?The newly installed Edgar and Taylor in particular did nothing to convince me they should be getting a game for the reserves let alone the first team.

There is no excuse for today’s piss poor effort. I'm still relatively confident we'll be safe come the end of the season, however the management team and the players need to have serious words with themselves. A string of performances similar to this would be nothing more than a complete disaster. Today's result was awful but we need to get up, dust ourselves off and move on for the sake of this clubs future.

Rant over.

Oh and our disallowed goal yet again a toal fk up, was never ever offside..

Liverpool had one disallowed as well tbf.

Also we only scored that disallowed goal because their defence stopped tracking Owen once the flag went up

I disagree actually. Not that I think it would have changed the result, but the match might have been slightly different.

There certainly seems a ressurection of the Prem referees "Let's get Newcastle" manifesto last couple of games, thats for sure.

That's a load of f***ing bollocks. They've made mistakes against us and we have been unlucky, but that's an astoundingly stupid claim to make.

Didn't see you when we got 95% of the decisions our way away at Pompey. How odd.

The last two games have had a few bad refereeing decisions, right ?

Against which side have they been against ?

Prior to the last two games, I'd say it was swings and roundaboutrs

But it isn't coincidental that we have conceded more penalties for instance than any other PM club.

That's a load of f***ing bollocks. They've made mistakes against us and we have been unlucky, but that's an astoundingly stupid claim to make.

But it isn't coincidental that we have conceded more penalties for instance than any other PM club.

The only two pens I can moan about were Man City at home and Wigan at the weekend. However, I still know for certain they were genuine mistakes by match officials, theres no way you can just state "oh aye, the referees all hate us", because then your just as bad or worse than Kinnear.

Bad refereeing against Wigan and Liverpool. I don't see your point there anyway, perhaps you'd like to elaborate some more?

Guest Howaythetoon

Sack the fucking lot of them with the exception of Shay Given, the only player at this club I have an ounce of respect for. Well done the fans for sticking with the shower of shite and showing LFC fans how to support your team, our lot got cheered after conceding a 5th, they got booed off at home in a game they went top of the table. Very proud of the fans.

The only two pens I can moan about were Man City at home and Wigan at the weekend. However, I still know for certain they were genuine mistakes by match officials, theres no way you can just state "oh aye, the referees all hate us", because then your just as bad or worse than Kinnear.

Bad refereeing against Wigan and Liverpool. I don't see your point there anyway, perhaps you'd like to elaborate some more?

It was (and zoomed straight past you) not to be taken so seriously.That it is a genuine organized, have meeting at Prem league HQ plan to destabilize Newcastle ?

No of course not. But in the same vein that referees have an unbidden aversion to give penalties against Man U at OT, or send their players off, and the need to disallow opposition goals against Man U if theres even the slightest doubt ?

Yeah, I do believe that.

Not laid out but there with certain referees (not all) YES.